Secret Celeb Gossip #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which means it's someone else's joke.

He's the biggest joke thief going. He used to nick jokes from new/less experienced comics when he'd be on the same bill as him. They'd see him on TV using their material and would contact him asking what the duck was going on. His usual policy of dealing with this was to write them a cheque as means of compensation.

Peter Kay is apparently renowned for that as well. He basically nicked Dave Spikey's act, which is why Kay fell out with him and everyone else he worked with on Phoenix Nights.

Which means it's someone else's joke.

He's the biggest joke thief going. He used to nick jokes from new/less experienced comics when he'd be on the same bill as him. They'd see him on TV using their material and would contact him asking what the duck was going on. His usual policy of dealing with this was to write them a cheque as means of compensation.

Peter Kay is apparently renowned for that as well. He basically nicked Dave Spikey's act, which is why Kay fell out with him and everyone else he worked with on Phoenix Nights.

Reactions: 2
Speaking of Donatella, does anyone have any info on her daughter Allegra? I remember the pictures of her at least 10 years ago looking very very poorly with anorexia (not sure if that was ever confirmed or not but you can't deny it. I'm an eating disorders nurse and she looked at the time a textbook long and enduring anorexic)
Allegra has been in and out of treatment for anorexia and body dysmorphia disorder. She took Gianni's murder really hard. He left he 2 houses (NYC & Lake Como) and half of versace (Donatella got 20% and her brother got 30%).

Don't think Donatella's coke habit helped, apparently Elton John had an intervention at Allegra's 18th party. She wanted to be an actress, and studied theatre. But I read that despite dressing Rupert Everett in a broadway show, she's just at home kinda reclusive all the time with anxiety.

It's really sad. Dontella has had her in therapy and rehab since Gianni died.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

There was a story as well someone said how he used to adjust the height of the mic and somehow get it turned off for the comedian that would appear after him so they’d have to get it all set up and hopefully unnerve them or something like that. Actually, before I post, let me try and find...

Okay, found it. The actual link is itself worth a click as it reveals loads of goss about him but this is what I referred to:

In the book, David Perkins, manager of Manchester’s Frog and Bucket club, recalls how as compere Kay used to hog the limelight and sneer at the acts he was introducing to ensure he remained the star. He would also sabotage fellow comics by lowering the microphone stand and screwing it ridiculously tight, so anyone who followed him would spend the crucial first moments of their act grappling unprofessionally with the equipment. Graham Norton, when sharing a bill with him in Manchester, asked Kay backstage: ‘What’s the name of the gay area here,’ so he could drop a local reference into his material. Again Kay made sure his fellow comic’s gag fell flat, by telling him it was Bury, rather than Canal Street.

Full Story: https://www.chortle.co.uk/books/2006/09/23/3612/hes_spittin

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Allegra has been in and out of treatment for anorexia and body dysmorphia disorder. She took Gianni's murder really hard. He left he 2 houses (NYC & Lake Como) and half of versace (Donatella got 20% and her brother got 30%).

Don't think Donatella's coke habit helped, apparently Elton John had an intervention at Allegra's 18th party. She wanted to be an actress, and studied theatre. But I read that despite dressing Rupert Everett in a broadway show, she's just at home kinda reclusive all the time with anxiety.

It's really sad. Dontella has had her in therapy and rehab since Gianni died.
Wow how awful. Hearing someone ask about her brought all theses incredibly haunting images of her as a teen back , though it must be over ten years ago I saw them. (Correct me if I’m off) I’ve never seen someone before or since that sick with anorexia. Or at least never not in hospital. It’s so shocking seeing someone in that condition going about life as if like normal.

Reactions: 8
Oh I’ve just remembered another one I read from another site yesterday (apologies if already posted) but apparently Cory, Topanga and Eric used to bully Angela on the set of Boy Meets World, along with producers/show staff, referring to her as “that bitter witch” and calling her racial slur “Aunt Mammy”. The thread on the other site is long so won’t link but she revealed it on her Twitter yesterday or few days ago (@realTrinaMcgee)

Edit to add: I’ve heard bad things about the Savage brothers. Apparently they both used to be frequent visitors to Bryan Singers mansion parties too 🤮

Reactions: 3
Heard a while back a story about Graham Norton - some young budding actor met him and asked him for advice re getting into some drama college. Graham was friendly, spoke with him for a good while and suggested that they meet up for dinner to talk more about everything. Before you think "Oh yeah, where's this going" - it didn't go there. They had a really good evening, Graham was genuinely just interested in helping this person out. They got to the end of the night, Graham pays for the bill - and also gives the actor a cheque to help out with the drama college fees. No coming on to the guy or anything. Just apparently a really decent guy, and he does this from time to time with people looking to get into drama school.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 125
Years ago I saw the comedian Daniel Kitson do a standup show (he played Spencer in Phoenix Nights - 'lets get ready to rummmbbbllle'!) just after Phoenix Nights. He was incredibly funny, absolutely brilliant. After the show he did a Q and A and one question was about Peter Kay. He said 'I won't say anything about that man apart from to say he is an utter c*nt'. It was so soon after Phoenix Nights we all thought it was a joke - but obviously not looking back now.
Part of it stemmed from the dvd commentary on PN where PK did not reference Daniel Kitson once - didn't even mention him even with the scenes he was in. PK seems to be incredibly threatened by any other comedians being at all funny. And actually tries to stall their careers.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Comedy has such a bad reputation for plagiarism. There are so many stories. Amy shumer is another.

Reactions: 11
Comedy has such a bad reputation for plagiarism. There are so many stories. Amy shumer is another.
Unfortunately comedy is one of those industries where originality will only get you so far but being the loudest voice in the room will take you much further.

Reactions: 12
Heard a while back a story about Graham Norton - some young budding actor met him and asked him for advice re getting into some drama college. Graham was friendly, spoke with him for a good while and suggested that they meet up for dinner to talk more about everything. Before you think "Oh yeah, where's this going" - it didn't go there. They had a really good evening, Graham was genuinely just interested in helping this person out. They got to the end of the night, Graham pays for the bill - and also gives the actor a cheque to help out with the drama college fees. No coming on to the guy or anything. Just apparently a really decent guy, and he does this from time to time with people looking to get into drama school.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about Graham Norton.
He always comes across as a genuinely nice guy.

Reactions: 53
Years ago I saw the comedian Daniel Kitson do a standup show (he played Spencer in Phoenix Nights - 'lets get ready to rummmbbbllle'!) just after Phoenix Nights. He was incredibly funny, absolutely brilliant. After the show he did a Q and A and one question was about Peter Kay. He said 'I won't say anything about that man apart from to say he is an utter c*nt'. It was so soon after Phoenix Nights we all thought it was a joke - but obviously not looking back now.
Part of it stemmed from the dvd commentary on PN where PK did not reference Daniel Kitson once - didn't even mention him even with the scenes he was in. PK seems to be incredibly threatened by any other comedians being at all funny. And actually tries to stall their careers.
In the article below, Kitson says PN was 'lazy and racist.' Peter Kay had him pixellated out of the series DVD and referred to him on the commentary as a 'bastard.' :(

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2012/aug/05/daniel-kitson-god-small-things

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I love him in father Ted
Oh yes. Especially the episode in the caravan and when Ted and Dougal bump into him in the caves and he's buried when the rocks fall, but he's still having a full blown chat and one hand is all that can be seen and it's gesticulating wildly 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Wow how awful. Hearing someone ask about her brought all theses incredibly haunting images of her as a teen back , though it must be over ten years ago I saw them. (Correct me if I’m off) I’ve never seen someone before or since that sick with anorexia. Or at least never not in hospital. It’s so shocking seeing someone in that condition going about life as if like normal.

I dunno - I recall the photos of Portia DeRossi at the height of her ED were really shocking

Reactions: 10
I dunno - I recall the photos of Portia DeRossi at the height of her ED were really shocking
I don’t know much about her - had to google to realise she is the same Portia Ellen is married to. But it’s not a competition or hierarchy of anorexics, I was just trying to get across how I hadn’t thought about it for years, but hearing the name Allegra Versace and I realised these images have stayed with me.

What a sad family. Are they all as fucked up as each other? (Is that Netflix show worth watching ?)
Seems like the perfect example of the fact money not only doesn’t make you happy , in some cases it can make you downright miserable.

Reactions: 5
Daniel Kitson is brilliant.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know much about her - had to google to realise she is the same Portia Ellen is married to. But it’s not a competition or hierarchy of anorexics, I was just trying to get across how I hadn’t thought about it for years, but hearing the name Allegra Versace and I realised these images have stayed with me.

What a sad family. Are they all as fucked up as each other? (Is that Netflix show worth watching ?)
Seems like the perfect example of the fact money not only doesn’t make you happy , in some cases it can make you downright miserable.
I googled her after asking about her, poor girl 😟 she's naturally very beautiful from pictures before she became ill. I saw that she is mentally like a child which is typical of someone who develops it at a young age, they stay at the age they became ill at. And I think for a lot of children that appear to have it all, usually that means parents working long hours and not having the same bonds with them, parents putting work before them, being 'bought' affection. All very damaging in the long run.

Reactions: 7
I really really like Graham!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.