Secret Celeb Gossip #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Tim Burgess one of those middle class type folks that pretend not to be?

Not having a dig at him just wondering

A few years ago I stayed in a ski chalet with the ex-drummer of Snow Patrol. Can’t remember his name but he’d left the band just before they made it big. He seemed a bit pissed off about his timing, but was a decent guy.

Reactions: 5
Tim doesn’t pretend to be anything. He never talks about class really -inequalities yes, but doesn’t pretend he grew up getting coal for Christmas or anything. None of The Charlatans do.

I agree about James - festival crowd, totally sourpuss about playing anything anyone would know - I think he has slightly changed his position - I saw James with The charlatans and it was all very feel good.

Reactions: 3
Tim Burgess was one of my main teenage crushes. I remember running home from the pub aged about 15 to see him on a tiny segment on The Word which lasted about 5 mins. I was obsessed. Saw them live twice around that time at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. They were soooooo good.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend 'Rockfield - The Studio on the Farm' which is a documentary that aired on BBC2 about Rockfield studios where loads of bands including The Charlatans recorded albums. It goes into how Rob Collins died while they were recording there. They heard the car crash on the roads nearby in the middle of the night. It was really interesting and moving to hear them talk about it. He was only 33.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
New thread thataway ↔↘↙↗

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.