Secret Celeb Gossip #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad Rylan seems to have rekindled his friendship with Lucy Spraggan. They both have failed marriages and have been friends since the early days of the X Factor. Both seem to have come unstuck with their personal relationships.
I like Lucy Spraggan. She still seems very normal and is probably a good friend to have. Their careers have obviously taken off in different directions but as you said she also has divorced from her ex-wife and they have a good foundational friendship with X-Factor.

Reactions: 7
I like Lucy Spraggan. She still seems very normal and is probably a good friend to have. Their careers have obviously taken off in different directions but as you said she also has divorced from her ex-wife and they have a good foundational friendship with X-Factor.
I like her too. She went a bit insta-crazy when she lost a load of weight, got really ripped, then had a boob job. She also got sober so massive kudos to her, drinking was a big part of her life.

I love her song Last Night (beer fear).

Now I guess it's sparkling water and green tea. :D

I hope she and Rylan find happiness (not together, that would be crazy) but they are both decent human beings.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Any tea on 90s bands?

James, Cast, Sleeper, Neds,etc.
I befriended Tim Booth, the lead singer of James, when I was in my early 20s and an actor. He had a stint as an actor, and then an acting coach, and I attended his classes for a good while at the Actors Centre in London. I was completely unaware of who he was, and he was the loveliest guy, very genuine and passionate about the craft of acting and the Meisner technique. He also used to incorporate "the five rhythms" into his classes, which is a way of moving the body and connecting to music (in short!), and I have since seen him move that way on stage when James did a comeback festival season. We used to go for juice together before class and hung out a fair bit; he always had a super healthy veg one and I had a fruit and soya one lol. He's probably twice my age, but there was zero sleaze vibe .. I'm not sure if he's straight or not? He has a sort of ethereal, asexual quality; he's the sort of guy that befriends anyone he connects with regardless of any other factors. I loved James' music, but didn't really know what they looked like. After his teaching post finished, a friend pointed out he was the lead singer of James, I was so shocked. Really soulful guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
how

JUST HOW can Jessy Nelson hurt her old bandmate the way she,s doing

she must be among pop,s most cunning and evil woman between this and blackphishing

Reactions: 6
Her being on JR did not do her any favours, or rather the attention she brought to it via her attention seeking Instagram posts. The media have jumped on it.we have had a few years of stable Sheridan, now she seems back to how she was before she had her son.
I'm not a fan of Sheridan's tbh BUT she did an episode of Inside No9 called 'the twelve days of Christine' and it is honestly one of the best pieces of TV I have ever seen. Probably in my top 5. Yes the writing is brilliant but her acting is outstanding in it. Truly heartbreaking.

God knows why she's taken the fishwife route when she's that talented. If you're intrigued honestly give it a watch but warning, bugger me it's a tear-jerker!

Reactions: 29
I'm not a fan of Sheridan's tbh BUT she did an episode of Inside No9 called 'the twelve days of Christine' and it is honestly one of the best pieces of TV I have ever seen. Probably in my top 5. Yes the writing is brilliant but her acting is outstanding in it. Truly heartbreaking.

God knows why she's taken the fishwife route when she's that talented. If you're intrigued ghoneswlty give it a watch but warning, bugger me it's a tear-jerker!

I do get this feeling based on her apparent behaviour that Smith,s career will go the Cilla way

well the alleged way it went for her

times change and she is completely ostracised by TV for her manners

any comeback attempt quickly vetoed before you could say SUPRISE SUPRISE

Reactions: 1
I befriended Tim Booth, the lead singer of James, when I was in my early 20s and an actor. He had a stint as an actor, and then an acting coach, and I attended his classes for a good while at the Actors Centre in London. I was completely unaware of who he was, and he was the loveliest guy, very genuine and passionate about the craft of acting and the Meisner technique. He also used to incorporate "the five rhythms" into his classes, which is a way of moving the body and connecting to music (in short!), and I have since seen him move that way on stage when James did a comeback festival season. We used to go for juice together before class and hung out a fair bit; he always had a super healthy veg one and I had a fruit and soya one lol. He's probably twice my age, but there was zero sleaze vibe .. I'm not sure if he's straight or not? He has a sort of ethereal, asexual quality; he's the sort of guy that befriends anyone he connects with regardless of any other factors. I loved James' music, but didn't really know what they looked like. After his teaching post finished, a friend pointed out he was the lead singer of James, I was so shocked. Really soulful guy.
I’m sooo happy to hear this. I love James and Tim does come across as a lovely guy. Glad to hear he’s not another celebrity hole!! 🥰. Thank you for sharing

Reactions: 13
This is interesting as I know someone who worked with him in a musical capacity and he was a nightmare.

Very difficult to work with, never happy with a VERY high opinion of himself.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Oh you’ve made my night, I just went to see them this weekend and was absolutely blown away. Incredible voice and stage presence, and yes he does move like he’s made of rubber! The musicians he has around him, some original members some not are all amazing, each bringing their own performance to the gig.

Reactions: 5
Here is a question though. Would you shag Corden on a regular basis with his small or large genitals (we just don't know...) to have the Hollywood lifestyle and lots of money, good parties and events etc? Possibly dinner out occasionally with Harry Styles, Adele and various luvvies.

When you get home from your glitzy party and totter up to your bedroom, he launches himself at you and flattens you on the bed with his hands all over you, pressing his sweaty stomach and thighs onto you and heaving himself up to locate his small or large genitals (again, we just don't know...) before panting in your face with his fat hamster cheeks all red and blotchy and he is quivering with excitement......

Do you
a) Just have the sweaty uncomfortable sex
b) Pretend to be violently ill and need to go to hospital
c) Run for the hills
d) Tell him straight up that until the fat on his pubis melts away you can't physically stand the sight of him
E) After the experience, renouce men forever and join a convent!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is interesting as I know someone who worked with him in a musical capacity and he was a nightmare.

Very difficult to work with, never happy with a VERY high opinion of himself.
Oh really ... well I suppose when you are teaching you are totally in control etc and maybe he doesn't collaborate well... can be tricky ... I personally never saw that side of him and certainly not the high opinion bit .. he was modest and there was no mention of James or who he was outside of these small, and quite frankly modest acting classes (not high profile, elitist etc .. they were only for professional actors, but we certainly weren't big names or all insanely talented .. just a normal gang of jobbing actors). Some of James music is exceptional though, perhaps he's just a perfectionist and that instantly can make you hard to work with - nothing is ever good enough and pushing those around them beyond their limits.

I remember in the 00s Johnny Borell of Razorlight had a shocking reputation of being hard to work with and came across very haughty and egotistical in the press, but he used to live very near us in Highgate (around 2010) and was a really humble and sweet guy ... totally unassuming and genuine, would quietly wait his turn to be served in the pub (or let others go before him), chat to all sorts of people and had an old Nokia phone when most in the area had the latest iPhone. He is a self confessed perfectionist and has admitted to being very hard to work with .. hence all the changes of line up with Razorlight.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

God knows why she's taken the fishwife route when she's that talented. If you're intrigued honestly give it a watch but warning, bugger me it's a tear-jerker!
Agree - such an amazing and affecting bit of TV.

Reactions: 5
I was a huge James fan and bought the Goldmother album on vinyl as soon as it was released in 1990. With the success of Sit Down they immediately re-issued the album to include it as it was not originally on the album. Proud to say I have the original without Sit Down. It was one of my least fave songs of theirs.

I believe Tim was married at the time or at least with his long term partner then. Think she is Katie. On the Goldmother album there is artwork of a baby and a woman swimming underwater. I think it is his partner and baby. I still think the title track of the album is lyrically one of the most interesting songs ever written as it is about childbirth and watching his baby being born.

I went to see them live a few times in the early 90s during the indie Manchester period. Even had a little dance on stage with them. They were big on allowing people up to dance with them and never seemed fazed about it.

We met some of the band in the pub after one of the smaller gigs they did in about 1989/1990. Tim seemed very smiley and happy. They just seemed very normal and pleased about the success they were having. Maybe he became more of a diva but at the time he seemed a bit of a hippy and into peace and love.

Reactions: 12
I've never met anyone from James, but my cousins partner is in a pub band that covers their stuff quite often 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Did that Oasis tribute band ever make it out of the pub where they were snowed in? Or are they singing Wonderwall for the 78th time stinking of bitter and pork scratchings?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.