Secret Celeb Gossip #62

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone posted Brian Cox's opinions on his fellow actors? (For those that don't know he's a Scottish actor who plays the father in the American show Succession) This is what he said in his recent interview:

On Steven Seagal? 'As ludicrous in real life as he appears on screen. He radiates a studied serenity, as though he’s on a higher plane to the rest of us, and while he’s certainly on a different plane, no doubt about that, it’s probably not a higher one.'

David Bowie? 'A skinny kid, and not a particularly good actor. He made a better pop star, that much is for certain'

Michael Caine? 'I wouldn’t describe Michael as my favourite, but he’s Michael Caine. An institution. And being an institution will always beat having range'

Quentin Tarantino? 'I find his work meretricious. It’s all surface. Plot mechanics in place of depth. Style where there should be substance. I walked out of Pulp Fiction…That said, if the phone rang, I’d do it

Johnny Depp's acting? 'I mean, Edward Scissorhands. Let’s face it, if you come on with hands like that and pale, scarred-face make-up, you don’t have to do anything. And he didn’t. And subsequently, he’s done even less'

On the late Alan Rickman? 'One of the sweetest, kindest, nicest and most incredibly smart men I’ve ever met. Prior to acting he’d been a graphic designer and he brought the considered, laser-like precision of that profession to his work'
On Anthony Hopkins: Bastard took my job * (Brian Cox was the original hannibal lector in Red Dragon, but he was replaced for Silence of Lambs).
* I may have made that up.....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think it has been pretty measured on here. I think the response has been, she seems like a nightmare but he is not justified in using force if indeed that is what he has done. Two sides to every story etc.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone posted Brian Cox's opinions on his fellow actors? (For those that don't know he's a Scottish actor who plays the father in the American show Succession) This is what he said in his recent interview:

On Steven Seagal? 'As ludicrous in real life as he appears on screen. He radiates a studied serenity, as though he’s on a higher plane to the rest of us, and while he’s certainly on a different plane, no doubt about that, it’s probably not a higher one.'

David Bowie? 'A skinny kid, and not a particularly good actor. He made a better pop star, that much is for certain'

Michael Caine? 'I wouldn’t describe Michael as my favourite, but he’s Michael Caine. An institution. And being an institution will always beat having range'

Quentin Tarantino? 'I find his work meretricious. It’s all surface. Plot mechanics in place of depth. Style where there should be substance. I walked out of Pulp Fiction…That said, if the phone rang, I’d do it

Johnny Depp's acting? 'I mean, Edward Scissorhands. Let’s face it, if you come on with hands like that and pale, scarred-face make-up, you don’t have to do anything. And he didn’t. And subsequently, he’s done even less'

On the late Alan Rickman? 'One of the sweetest, kindest, nicest and most incredibly smart men I’ve ever met. Prior to acting he’d been a graphic designer and he brought the considered, laser-like precision of that profession to his work'

On the whole, he's not wrong. He did say recently he was expecting a few less Christmas cards this year. 😁

Stephen Seagal is a nutcase.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
By the way, what the duck is going on with Ashley Banjo's hairline?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
By the way, what the duck is going on with Ashley Banjo's hairline?
Micah Richards has the oddest hairline I’ve ever seen! I can’t work out if it’s shaved so square or if he’s sprayed it to cover a receding hairline 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Like Ashley, it's sprayed or a hair transplant.

Nobody has a hairline like that where the sides are more forward than the middle.

Reactions: 3
I like the 80s pop sound of both Nick and Nik. Not keen on the latter’s snood though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh dear she’s at it again….
What to do when you're a famous celeb but your daughter/son can't sing/can't dance/ can't tell a joke / not witty and is not physically attractive at all?
Gordon Ramsey has the same problem!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh dear she’s at it again….
What to do when you are a famous celeb with a daughter who has no talent can't sing/dance/act/tell jokes/or is witty - plus they are not at all physically attractive?

Gordon Ramsey has the same problem...!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Micah Richards has the oddest hairline I’ve ever seen! I can’t work out if it’s shaved so square or if he’s sprayed it to cover a receding hairline 🧐
I love Micah, but his hairline is so distracting lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.