Secret Celeb Gossip #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Bluenose70💙 yes he does go to the ceremonies. One year he had forgotten a tie so walked into the city centre to buy one. I think I’ve read he also takes 3 of the classes a year. I hope your niece has a whale of a time at LIPA! I would love to meet him, just to thank him for his music. Whenever I go to London I always go to Cavendish Avenue in the hopes he’ll turn up

Reactions: 7
I’m a McCartney fan, so apologies if I seem biased, but these are my thoughts/views/feelings.
Is Paul perfect, hell no. Was he responsible for the break up of the Beatles, well John quit privately in September 69, he told the others and a journalist, but swore them all to secrecy. He recorded the McCartney album and when the others got wind of this, Ringo was sent to Paul’s house with a letter from the other 3, telling him not to release McCartney until after Let It Be album, Paul refused and issued a press release with his album announcing the break up of the Beatles. I genuinely think they had all gone through so much and had grown up and were going off in their directions in terms of having families etc.
Dhani H, Julian Lennon, and Heather (Linda’s daughter whom Paul adopted) all love Paul as do his own children. Linda came from a wealthy NY family who were (entertainment) lawyers. My feeling is if they felt Paul was violent towards Linda they would have done everything they could to get her out of the marriage and made sure Paul could have no contact with Heather, Mary or Stella (James too).
I do expect they had ups and downs in the marriage, but I’m sceptical about DV. If he was violent I’d be gutted and have to get rid of all my McCartney music. Linda’s daughter Heather is still very close to Paul, and Linda’s brother still represents Paul on the board at Apple Corps.
John and Ringo we’re both violent to wives, and John beat up the Cavern DJ Bob Wooler at Paul’s 21st.
Does Paul have a huge ego? About that I have no doubt, but as John Lennon said you have to be bastards to make it in the music business, and the Beatles were the biggest bastards of them all.
Incidentally George died at one of Paul’s homes (LA IIRC). The last Beatles UK no1 single was The Ballad of John and Yoko was only recorded by John and Paul. George and Ringo didn’t want to record it.
Apologies for the long post, I’m really not here to change anyone’s minds on Paul, we’re all free to dislike someone, I just feel Paul is always painted as a villain, he certainly is often portrayed that way among Beatles fans
I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. The blame for Beatles break-up and the disintegration of the group has been laid at Paul's door for years. Alot of that comes from John Lennon's famous Lennon Remembers interview in 1970. John later admitted that he was hurting at the time, was lashing out and that he had lied but it's still held up as the definitive Lennon interview.

I don't believe Heather's DV claims. She's a fantasist and an opportunist, but I can well believe that she can be extremely charming and convincing.
She met Paul when he was at his most vulnerable and she exploited that. I'm sure Paul and Linda had ups and downs in their married life but I don't believe he was violent.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
George actually visited John and Yoko's home in Usa the one by the river I've forgotten its exact location, there are home videos of him there also George played a lot on Johns solo work and also with him on stage, they resolved their differences and were great friends as was Ringo. IMHO The Beatles are the best band ever.
Yes, certainly at the beginning. However, I, Me, Mine was released a few months before Lennon's murder in December 1980. Lennon took offence at Harrison's book, telling an interviewer "I was hurt by it ... By glaring omission in the book, my influence on his life is absolutely zilch and nil ... I'm not in the book." Harrison does mention Lennon several times, although not as a musical influence, which was the point of Lennon's displeasure. Macca is mentioned even less than Lennon.

Reactions: 1
I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. The blame for Beatles break-up and the disintegration of the group has been laid at Paul's door for years. Alot of that comes from John Lennon's famous Lennon Remembers interview in 1970. John later admitted that he was hurting at the time, was lashing out and that he had lied but it's still held up as the definitive Lennon interview.

I don't believe Heather's DV claims. She's a fantasist and an opportunist, but I can well believe that she can be extremely charming and convincing.
She met Paul when he was at his most vulnerable and she exploited that. I'm sure Paul and Linda had ups and downs in their married life but I don't believe he was violent.
Thank you. I think the song How Do You Sleep points at how hurt John was, and that Ringo, George, and Klaus Voorman were there for/included in the recording of that must’ve been so hurtful for Paul (yes I know RAM album).
There were so many stories about Heather around the time of her marriage to Paul. She really did exploit his grief. For me I think if he was violent, someone other than Heather would have got that information out.

Reactions: 2
The last Beatles UK no1 single was The Ballad of John and Yoko was only recorded by John and Paul. George and Ringo didn’t want to record it.
Yes, it's just John and Paul. John wanted it to be like a bit of current rock journalism, and wanted it out fast, almost last week. George Harrison was in the US, and Ringo was in a film, that was taking place up north so neither were available. I don't think either were amused by John and Paul doing that.

Thank you. I think the song How Do You Sleep points at how hurt John was, and that Ringo, George, and Klaus Voorman were there for/included in the recording of that must’ve been so hurtful for Paul (yes I know RAM album).
There were so many stories about Heather around the time of her marriage to Paul. She really did exploit his grief. For me I think if he was violent, someone other than Heather would have got that information out.
Ringo was there, and told John to pack it in, and that was enough. He was very upset by what John had written.

Reactions: 1
Yes, it's just John and Paul. John wanted it to be like a bit of current rock journalism, and wanted it out fast, almost last week. George Harrison was in the US, and Ringo was in a film, that was taking place up north so neither were available. I don't think either were amused by John and Paul doing that.
On that I’m going by what Mark Lewisohn has said about G and H

Ringo was there, and told John to pack it in, and that was enough. He was very upset by what John had written.
He did say something when he felt John had gone too far. Paul has said he felt hurt. I’m sure it’s all been discussed by them privately.

Reactions: 3
New to the forum so Hi!

JS - My husband has had Epilepsy since he was a toddler and grew up in Leeds. JS was a regular in the wards going round with presents. Defintely went to the children whose parents weren't round much, thankfully my Mr E's parents were. Mr E as a child wanted a present from him, he's now very grateful he didn't get one.

I'm a bit disgusted that the BBC are doing this, just feels like cashing in on something that should be left alone. Wonder if it's because the likes of Discovery+ have been doing their documentaries on him?

Mickey Rourke started with plastic surgery after he went back to boxing when the acting died down a bit. Good boxer but had a lot of facial injuries because of it:

Reactions: 15
Yes, certainly at the beginning. However, I, Me, Mine was released a few months before Lennon's murder in December 1980. Lennon took offence at Harrison's book, telling an interviewer "I was hurt by it ... By glaring omission in the book, my influence on his life is absolutely zilch and nil ... I'm not in the book." Harrison does mention Lennon several times, although not as a musical influence, which was the point of Lennon's displeasure. Macca is mentioned even less than Lennon.

Having read Patti Hansen's book, I think George lived in his own head most of the time, without any thought as to how his actions affected others. He wasn't intentionally cruel, just very self-centered and thoughtless.

I sat a few rows behind Paul and Heather at a baseball game. She was pregnant. She never once looked around or talked to anyone, just sat there the whole game with a pout on her face. Of course, she was wearing a very uncomfortable looking outfit -- olive green jumpsuit with all sorts of chains on it - I couldn't imagine wearing it when pregnant. He seemed lovely, shaking hands, waving, and smiling to everyone. I am always surprised at how small most celebrities are in person

Reactions: 5
I’m a McCartney fan, so apologies if I seem biased, but these are my thoughts/views/feelings.
Is Paul perfect, hell no. Was he responsible for the break up of the Beatles, well John quit privately in September 69, he told the others and a journalist, but swore them all to secrecy. He recorded the McCartney album and when the others got wind of this, Ringo was sent to Paul’s house with a letter from the other 3, telling him not to release McCartney until after Let It Be album, Paul refused and issued a press release with his album announcing the break up of the Beatles. I genuinely think they had all gone through so much and had grown up and were going off in their directions in terms of having families etc.
Dhani H, Julian Lennon, and Heather (Linda’s daughter whom Paul adopted) all love Paul as do his own children. Linda came from a wealthy NY family who were (entertainment) lawyers. My feeling is if they felt Paul was violent towards Linda they would have done everything they could to get her out of the marriage and made sure Paul could have no contact with Heather, Mary or Stella (James too).
I do expect they had ups and downs in the marriage, but I’m sceptical about DV. If he was violent I’d be gutted and have to get rid of all my McCartney music. Linda’s daughter Heather is still very close to Paul, and Linda’s brother still represents Paul on the board at Apple Corps.
John and Ringo we’re both violent to wives, and John beat up the Cavern DJ Bob Wooler at Paul’s 21st.
Does Paul have a huge ego? About that I have no doubt, but as John Lennon said you have to be bastards to make it in the music business, and the Beatles were the biggest bastards of them all.
Incidentally George died at one of Paul’s homes (LA IIRC). The last Beatles UK no1 single was The Ballad of John and Yoko was only recorded by John and Paul. George and Ringo didn’t want to record it.
Apologies for the long post, I’m really not here to change anyone’s minds on Paul, we’re all free to dislike someone, I just feel Paul is always painted as a villain, he certainly is often portrayed that way among Beatles fans
I thought Linda eastmans family were Eastman Kodak?

It was always said she was but wiki says -- She was born Linda Louise Eastman on September 24, 1941, and grew up in Scarsdale, N.Y. As she often pointed out, without ever dispelling the assertion entirely, she was not related of the Eastman-Kodak photography empire. In fact, her father had changed his name from Epstein.

Had a crash, drunk/drug driving. Alleged to be in a bad way in hospital.
Also isn’t she still banned from driving as she had an 18 months driving ban in Oct 2019 that was extended for a further 6 months after another breach of the ban which would have taken her to Oct 2021?

Reactions: 9
That’s correct. She was incredibly wealthy in her own right

It was always said she was but wiki says -- She was born Linda Louise Eastman on September 24, 1941, and grew up in Scarsdale, N.Y. As she often pointed out, without ever dispelling the assertion entirely, she was not related of the Eastman-Kodak photography empire. In fact, her father had changed his name from Epstein.
Oh, I thought she was… maybe it was an urban legend to make her seem more than she was

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.