Secret Celeb Gossip #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m agree as I’m also inclined to believe that Paul isn’t the sweet wronged man we’re led to believe. Heather has massive issues and has most likely embellished some of the events, but I think both his previous wives have suffered sadly
I met and chatted to Heather at an award ceremony years ago - she was married to Paul at the time and I was a very junior lowest of the low. Even so, she was still very chatty, pleasant and lovely - even when the important people weren't looking at her. I've dealth with a number of celebrities through work over the years - some are lovely, some are downright rude, others are decent but then the mask slips once the reporters leave. If it was an act, she was damn good at it - I've never really known what to make of her and all the tales around her.

Reactions: 23
I'm no fan of Paul McCartney and can well imagine him to have a nasty side. I do think Heather is a bit of a loon but the press absolutely went for her didn't they?

At least he's stopped turning up to every charity concert and singing Hey Jude for 45 mins at the end and also stopped dying his hair chestnut brown.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm no fan of Paul McCartney and can well imagine him to have a nasty side. I do think Heather is a bit of a loon but the press absolutely went for her didn't they?

At least he's stopped turning up to every charity concert and singing Hey Jude for 45 mins at the end and also stopped dying his hair chestnut brown.
I think she was seen as taking advantage of a bereaved man and everyone's favourite Beatle. But that theory insinuates that McCartney is led by his dick and incapable of making a sensible decision, which I don't think is true.

A lot of men who are widowed remarry quickly, to try to emulate the security and love they had with their first wives.

Paul professed to love Heather and he probably did for a while, and I feel a bit sorry for her because she has absolutely no credibility now and is seen as a laughing stock by a lot of people.

Reactions: 18
Sarah Lancashire is married to Peter Salmon who is a senior figure in TV in the UK
Peter Salmon is the man who axed NOEL,S HOUSE PARTY in 1999 while at BBC1

that same year he was supposedly looking to bring Dr Who back as a series with Tom Baker back in the role

Reactions: 8
I think she's a fantastic actress, but I don't know anything about her private life or what she's like to work with. I've heard similar about Anna Friel, talented but up her own arse in real life.
Aw that's disappointing. I really like Anna Friel. I heard just recently she has a daughter with David Thewlis. I hadn't heard anything about them being in a relationship but to be honest you don't hear much about her private life.

Reactions: 1
Aw that's disappointing. I really like Anna Friel. I heard just recently she has a daughter with David Thewlis. I hadn't heard anything about them being in a relationship but to be honest you don't hear much about her private life.
I remember her relationship with David Thewlis from the time.

Anna was also one of Darren Day’s many fiancées

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Anna and David broke up in 2010. They were together 10 years. She was going out with a Regimental Corporal Major for a couple of years from 2018. They have broken up now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Paul is the reason The Beatles broke up. The other three didn’t fall out with each other, they fell out with Paul because he was so pretentious and used to speak to them like tit.

Reactions: 13
I remember her relationship with David Thewlis from the time.

Anna and David broke up in 2010. They were together 10 years. She was going out with a Regimental Corporal Major for a couple of years from 2018. They have broken up now.
I remember the Darren Day relationship but completely missed the David Thewlis years 🙂 Is she in a relationship now?

Paul is the reason The Beatles broke up. The other three didn’t fall out with each other, they fell out with Paul because he was so pretentious and used to speak to them like tit.
According to a biography of the Beatles, it was a little more complicated than that.
1) John Lennon was bored of the Beatles.
2) George Harrison was bored of the Beatles.
3) John, George and Ringo wanted a man called Allen Klein to be the Beatles manager (after the death of Brian Epstein). Paul didn;t as he had been warned that Klein was a dodgy character.
4) GH+JL were getting fed up with Paul trying to motivate them to do stuff as the Beatles when they really didn't want to, and it began to irritate them.

After the Beatles broke up, Paul had sue to be released from his contract with Apple (the Beatles label) as he wanted to release his own music when he wanted, but Klein refused. This led to the big bust up which saw the other 3 versus Macca in court (Macca won btw).

John and Paul repaired their relationship in the 70's when John realised that Klein really was a crook (he had been skimming off Lennon's money, and then took a lot of donations raised by George at a concert for a Bangladesh appeal). Lennon did a song called 'Steel and Glass' aimed at Klein, which is very uncomfortable listening once you know what it is about.....

GH and JL fell out big time in late 70's as JL didn't think GH gave him much praise in his autobiography. Sadly, they remained estranged until John's death.

George got fed up with Paul as he always treated him as a kid, although my older brother does that to me now, and I'm 44! They did repair their relationship after John's death, and George Harrison's son says that Macca is a great 'Uncle' and Stella McCartney is the sister he wished he had. George didn't want to play with Macca, as it was a bit of been there and done that, but all the gardeners, neighbours etc. said that they used to see macca arrive at George's house all the time, and it was two guys who really loved each other. I'm a musician too (not in their league!!!) and I get asked to go back to play with groups I used too, and I turn them down because it was a part of my life then, and I've moved on.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I stand by my theory that McCartney/Grohl/Novoselic/Smear should have played as The Beatles and dared Yoko to sue them 😂

Or called themselves Nirvana and guaranteed Courtney would sue them...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I met him as a child and he made me very nervous! No one would believe me for years that I found him scary, friends used to laugh at me! Just the vibe from him was really unsettling to me as a 5 year old. We bumped into him in a cafe at Roundhay Park in Leeds, my parents got me to get his autograph 🥴
Commenting before catching up fully but I also ‘met’ him as a child. By coincidence he was at some park we went to when on holiday. I was about 3/4 and my sister about 7 - my parents said despite the hub bub of him being there and other kids approaching him my sister and I were really hesitant and didn’t want to go near him/got really upset so we left. That impression stayed with my parents as we were fairly confident kids and would normally bound up to anyone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
According to a biography of the Beatles, it was a little more complicated than that.
1) John Lennon was bored of the Beatles.
2) George Harrison was bored of the Beatles.
3) John, George and Ringo wanted a man called Allen Klein to be the Beatles manager (after the death of Brian Epstein). Paul didn;t as he had been warned that Klein was a dodgy character.
4) GH+JL were getting fed up with Paul trying to motivate them to do stuff as the Beatles when they really didn't want to, and it began to irritate them.

After the Beatles broke up, Paul had sue to be released from his contract with Apple (the Beatles label) as he wanted to release his own music when he wanted, but Klein refused. This led to the big bust up which saw the other 3 versus Macca in court (Macca won btw).

John and Paul repaired their relationship in the 70's when John realised that Klein really was a crook (he had been skimming off Lennon's money, and then took a lot of donations raised by George at a concert for a Bangladesh appeal). Lennon did a song called 'Steel and Glass' aimed at Klein, which is very uncomfortable listening once you know what it is about.....

GH and JL fell out big time in late 70's as JL didn't think GH gave him much praise in his autobiography. Sadly, they remained estranged until John's death.

George got fed up with Paul as he always treated him as a kid, although my older brother does that to me now, and I'm 44! They did repair their relationship after John's death, and George Harrison's son says that Macca is a great 'Uncle' and Stella McCartney is the sister he wished he had. George didn't want to play with Macca, as it was a bit of been there and done that, but all the gardeners, neighbours etc. said that they used to see macca arrive at George's house all the time, and it was two guys who really loved each other. I'm a musician too (not in their league!!!) and I get asked to go back to play with groups I used too, and I turn them down because it was a part of my life then, and I've moved on.
George actually visited John and Yoko's home in Usa the one by the river I've forgotten its exact location, there are home videos of him there also George played a lot on Johns solo work and also with him on stage, they resolved their differences and were great friends as was Ringo. IMHO The Beatles are the best band ever.

Reactions: 6
I’m a McCartney fan, so apologies if I seem biased, but these are my thoughts/views/feelings.
Is Paul perfect, hell no. Was he responsible for the break up of the Beatles, well John quit privately in September 69, he told the others and a journalist, but swore them all to secrecy. He recorded the McCartney album and when the others got wind of this, Ringo was sent to Paul’s house with a letter from the other 3, telling him not to release McCartney until after Let It Be album, Paul refused and issued a press release with his album announcing the break up of the Beatles. I genuinely think they had all gone through so much and had grown up and were going off in their directions in terms of having families etc.
Dhani H, Julian Lennon, and Heather (Linda’s daughter whom Paul adopted) all love Paul as do his own children. Linda came from a wealthy NY family who were (entertainment) lawyers. My feeling is if they felt Paul was violent towards Linda they would have done everything they could to get her out of the marriage and made sure Paul could have no contact with Heather, Mary or Stella (James too).
I do expect they had ups and downs in the marriage, but I’m sceptical about DV. If he was violent I’d be gutted and have to get rid of all my McCartney music. Linda’s daughter Heather is still very close to Paul, and Linda’s brother still represents Paul on the board at Apple Corps.
John and Ringo we’re both violent to wives, and John beat up the Cavern DJ Bob Wooler at Paul’s 21st.
Does Paul have a huge ego? About that I have no doubt, but as John Lennon said you have to be bastards to make it in the music business, and the Beatles were the biggest bastards of them all.
Incidentally George died at one of Paul’s homes (LA IIRC). The last Beatles UK no1 single was The Ballad of John and Yoko was only recorded by John and Paul. George and Ringo didn’t want to record it.
Apologies for the long post, I’m really not here to change anyone’s minds on Paul, we’re all free to dislike someone, I just feel Paul is always painted as a villain, he certainly is often portrayed that way among Beatles fans

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am also a massive Paul fan, my niece has just got into his college in Liverpool, apparently he does go to the awards ceremonies when possible, I'd love to meet him, I just love him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.