Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noona

We're here voicing our concern over her health, meanwhile the tabloids are saying things like "enviable figure" and "impressive physique". It's so damaging!

I'm not body shaming her, but part of the problem is this idea that no matter who you are or what (natural) size/shape you usually are, if you're extremely thin, that's the perfection that we all strive for and it must be noted that the rest of us are jealous. We're not. I don't want to read that nor do I want those struggling with eating disorders to hear that extremely thin is the only enviable option. We'd rather you were healthy.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Never be a skinny minnie”. Makes me wonder if anyone is really happy with themselves or just claiming to be?
I hate the idea that it’s healthy to be obese. Lizzo is good looking and she is talented but at the same time that doesn’t change the fact she is morbidly obese and if you have a problem with people who are clearly overeating you’re just fat shaming. Most obese people do not have thyroid disorders or hormonal problems that make them obese. It’s over eating on processed foods and living a sedentary lifestyle.

I hate saying it as I don’t like to hurt peoples feelings and you should be able to look however you want. But very few people are happy with their body whilst being obese.

But at the same time saying it, obesity is not a choice. It’s down to mental health and your environment. A lot of working class people who so also happen to be most at risk of obesity, aren’t taught the nutrition value of certain foods, don’t have enough money to afford a healthy meal for their family 7 days a week, don’t have the time to make a healthy meal, there’s so many factors. Then there’s the mental health aspect a lot of people now comfort themselves with food. They don’t even particularly enjoy what they’re eating but it’s filling some sort of void and helping them self soothe.

A lot more needs to be done about it, rather than just saying “oh you’re fat do some exercise” try and understand why is this person eating so much? Not exercising? Most of the time it’s purely a mental issue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44

S4buk

VIP Member
I’m obsessed with Brooklyn Beckham’s ‘cooking’ videos - are they parody? So far we’ve had spicy tomato pasta (from a jar), a sausage sandwich and french toast.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Glad to see people not fawning over Tom Jones being a sweet old grandpa type, i can’t stand seeing his interviews about his wife, the way he talks about her isnt normal and exposes what an ass he is.

Can’t stand all the Rio Ferdinand and his ex-wife business either, although at least with him the focus seems to be more on “poor me i had to become a proper father to my kids” rather than how much he loved her and misses her. It’s just all been about how he’s coping and moving on quickly and how can he get the kids to accept that.

I could be wrong but that’s how i read it anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

House of Tea

VIP Member
I find Tom’s tears over the death of his wife a bit hollow. He treated her like shite, multiple affairs, secret kids. I wonder why she did not leave him? He has said she did not like living in the US, but she lived there most of her life, and died there, I think. She could have divorced him, got herself a tidy sum, and returned to Wales. But the reality is we don’t know what goes on in marriages. We think that a marriage should be hearts and flowers forever, but as you get older marriages change, and she might have been pleased that he sought his pleasures elsewhere. The thought of him having sex makes me 🤢 . As for him, he is an old man now, who will want to have sex with him. He probably doesn’t want a sexual relationship either but maybe the loss of his companion, the one who knew him before he was famous, has hit him hard. She was probably his best friend.

Reactions: 41

AlanBanan

VIP Member
3B559A04-E649-4887-B910-66F68D59ACB8.jpeg
Her secret is being punched in the face by Harry Styles during a quickie at James Cordens wedding reception.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Vulnavia

Chatty Member
Nothing would surprise me about Noel Fielding being whatever stripe of “wrong ‘un” one might care to mention. I freely admit to this being full-blown confirmation bias, given that I effectively hated his face (and hair) on sight the very first time I saw The Mighty Boosh, but he has always rubbed me up the wrong way. An ex of mine was a fan of the series and took me to see their stage show fifteen-odd years ago. It was very apparent that Julian Barratt was the true talent within the partnership, whilst Fielding’s entire shtick seemed to be an unsophisticated zany abstraction entirely reliant on his “charm”. Whilst personally thoroughly immune to said “charm”, it certainly worked an absolute treat on the vast majority of the (predominantly female) audience, who greeted his appearance in a manner not unlike teenybopper schoolgirls at a Beatles, Bay City Rollers or Bros concert of yesteryear, hanging on his every word and chattering and giggling en masse whenever he wasn’t speaking, completely drowning out Barratt at every turn. I also recall he and Russell Brand as guests on one of those awful C4 panel shows a couple of years later, and they both came across as a pair of indulged, sleazy and arrogant little princes. For all I know, he may be an absolute sweetheart albeit not to my taste.

But I doubt it. 😈

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Talking of celebs getting arsy when asked about stuff unrelated to their current work they are promoting, I remember Jonathon Wilkes along with some guy from Neighbours, being interviewed on This Morning, back in the days of Richard and Judy. Richard asked Jonathon if he was still friends with Robbie, how was Robbie, how often did they see each other etc and Jonathon said 'I'm not here to talk about Robbie Williams, I'm here to talk about my latest musical, don't ask me about Robbie, ask me about Jonathon' - at which point both Richard and Judy directed all their questions to the bloke out of Neighbours (who politely answered when they asked about fellow Neighbours' actors) and totally ignored Robbie's mate Jonathon :D :D The look on his face was priceless.

The moral of this story is if you became famous through some other means, rather than your own god given talent, then bloody acknowledge it. It only takes 30 seconds to smile and say something nice about the person who helped you get famous.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I don't know a single overweight person who is happy with the way they look- and I am including myself in that, with my lockdown lardy overcoat.
I was thin as a rail til I was mid forties then menopause struck. So I’ve been thin and fat and thin wins hands down and anyone who says they are happy being fat are, IMO, lying to themselves and everyone else. Maybe not a very PC or woke or whatever the fuck we call it comment but I’m talking from experience.

• Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Giles Coren, the odious but well connected twerp, is facing a backlash for this
Over-privileged smart mouthed narcissistic cunt who only has a career thanks to nepotism. l I hope this will be the end of the horrible little man.

I hope if anything happens to him or his family that he will be shown the empathy that he showed Dawn.

See, I’m crazy. If that was my family member he wrote that about I’d put his windows through with a rock.

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
This may have already been posted, but I just read that Kirk Norcross was the one who broke his dad’s windows and searched the house- then found him. He cut him down and tried CPR. Bless him, I cannot imagine going through that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
About Noel Fielding and his quirky act he puts on, it's absolute rubbish.

I read on another site backed up by a screen capture, the twitter abuse he sent to a girl who said something simple like, l thought the first season was better.

He responded by abuse, degradation of her looks, called her "big nose" and set his sycophantic fans on her by saying "fly my pretties" which they all did, she ended up in hospital after attempting to take her own life.

He is a vile human and a shit "comedian"
That's appalling if it's true. I used to like Mighty Boosh.

EDIT: I've just found the links below.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I have just learnt that Helen baxendales children are called nell marmalade Eric mustard and Vincent mash! Why? Why would you do that?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37