Secret Celeb Gossip #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks so much healthier and alive now, before he had dead eyes. I was firmly Team Lisa, but looking at her now, compared to him, I think she has her own issues that might have stopped him resuming the marriage once out of rehab. I like her, she seems sweet, she has a good career, but sometimes things don’t work out in marriages, and we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors (a lot of alcohol I would imagine). I think his PR kept trying to push her down, which I disliked him for, but I think they are better apart. At least he was not a cliche middle aged man and gone for some bimbo, his fiancé is around the same age as him and looks like a normal, non flashy woman, and they look loved up. I prefer Dec to him, he seems a nicer personality. And very forgiving, seeing as his mate nearly destroyed their brand.
The way his PR treated her says a lot about him. I am surprised that any woman would want him, to be honest. He isn't exactly a fox. I suppose having lots of dosh helps.

Reactions: 16
The way his PR treated her says a lot about him. I am surprised that any woman would want him, to be honest. He isn't exactly a fox. I suppose having lots of dosh helps.
Fame and £. He might also be funny (personality wise). Laughter is an aphrodisiac. Not being exactly a fox does not deter some women (Matt and Gina) or men for that matter (thinking of men who may be attracted to facially challenged other MP).

Reactions: 3
Fame and £. He might also be funny (personality wise). Laughter is an aphrodisiac. Not being exactly a fox does not deter some women (Matt and Gina) or men for that matter (thinking of men who may be attracted to facially challenged other MP).
You mean Pob?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You're right, I suppose. The Matt and Gina thing was extraordinary, the idea that not one but two attractive women could find him remotely attractive beggars belief. It isn't his looks, although he isn't bonny. It is his odious personality!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m Also fascinated by Lisa Armstrong. I used to go to the same dance school as her. She came from a nice normal family and lived in a hairy estate 😂 she was with ant for so so long though, she didn’t get much of a life without him to know what she’s like

Reactions: 11
The way Ant’s PR have tried to destroy Lisa and him not calling them off us disgusting. It’s put me right off the 5 headed twit. Always been team Dec but now I struggle to watch anything they’re on

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Another one here who can't watch Ant on anything now. I have never been a fan of And and Dec - apart from the Byker Grove days, but they seemed alright guys and totally harmless and very smiley etc. If you put a gun to my head I would pick Dec, but both seemed benign and decent chaps.

However, Ant has shown his true colours. I think Lisa has had a really tit time of it and he was been an utter prick to her. Not really surprising, as men do that when the love goes and the divorce starts, but he had really outdone himself in the being a massive nasty prick stakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
My OH was genuinely convinced his name was actually Jonty Rhodes.
I don't mind Jonty - I just wish he would occasionally use shampoo. All that lank greasy hair around food 🤢
Jonty Rhodes being a former South African cricketer, if anyone is confused.

Reactions: 4
If Ant had of been female, they would be cancelled and never worked again.
I don't think that's true. What he did was awful but he pleaded guilty to a first offence. Drink driving is dreadful but he did take responsibility.
I do think that he deserved a 2nd chance.
Addictions ruin relationships. I think Lisa was devastated but she seems to have moved on now.

Reactions: 5
Lisa was close to Dec too, particularly when he was single. He used to live next door to them and was always at their house. As soon as Ant left the marriage, Dec dropped Lisa like nuclear waste. I much prefer Dec to Ant, but that put me off him too. I definitely look at them both with a jaded eye now. Lisa and Ant could have had a good life with their millions. Ant was top of the tree in UK entertainment business, Lisa had her career which was on an upwards trajectory but they both had issues, maybe caused by infertility which was mentioned upthread.

Another thing that put me off the duo, the ads. Not the annoying Santander ones, but the ones where they do the talk over for gambling ads. They are mega rich but they still do ads to encourage other people to get into gambling debt? I am guessing the big campaign for Santander was for Ant to replenishhis bank account after his divorce settlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I have watched her on a vlog, she didn’t look her best on there. I agree with you that the press did try to print the worse pictures of her that they could. They often do that to women, Cherie Blair was another one they had it in for. I was not a fan of hers but they used to pick the photos that had her looking like a UK Supreme Champion of Gurning. I don’t know anything about fertility/bloating, but the bloating looks like bad lifestyle to me. I would love to see her thrive. I am sure she is okay now, but I would love to see her just bossing it. She is well regarded in the industry, Stephen Mulhern never dropped her, Alan Carr works with her. Piers Morgan (spits) bigs her up and is dismissive of Ant.
I've never bothered about her either, but the bullying by the press made me feel so bad for her and it was so relentless that it was clear there was someone behind it, and that was probably Ant, his pr and/or ITV. Yes maybe the bloating is a bad lifestyle, but lots of us eat and drink too much. Shes not a celeb, she works behind the scenes. I think she probably is doing well now.

Lisa was close to Dec too, particularly when he was single. He used to live next door to them and was always at their house. As soon as Ant left the marriage, Dec dropped Lisa like nuclear waste. I much prefer Dec to Ant, but that put me off him too. I definitely look at them both with a jaded eye now. Lisa and Ant could have had a good life with their millions. Ant was top of the tree in UK entertainment business, Lisa had her career which was on an upwards trajectory but they both had issues, maybe caused by infertility which was mentioned upthread.

Another thing that put me off the duo, the ads. Not the annoying Santander ones, but the ones where they do the talk over for gambling ads. They are mega rich but they still do ads to encourage other people to get into gambling debt? I am guessing the big campaign for Santander was for Ant to replenishhis bank account after his divorce settlement.
Why tf does he needs to replenish his bank account when he has (according to the DM when they are trying to slag Lisa off) £31m? Agree hes promoting gambling. He has enough money to be selective if he is feeling the pinch, especially when he has addiction issues himself!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

Ah yes that santander ad - can I just add here that it takes more than 7 bricks to build a shed, as quoted by Ant?

You gotta feel some sympathy now for the bird who lured Ant away from Lisa thinking she'd got it made now - she'll find out soon enough :)

Reactions: 7
Hey, so I have properly watched the video my mate put on fb and it really doesn't show anything. I think he was trying to be subtle while filming as a lot of it is the seat and the arm rest, and took place after the incident. There is a voice saying "we have given you more than enough chances sir"

He just said that when he got on the plane ed was in his seat, so they (don't know who "they" are!) removed my mates bags from the plane. My mate said something, his bags were put back on the plane and ed and his ppl wete removed from the flight for being a massive wanker.

Sorry it's such rubbish tea with no back up. 😔

Reactions: 2
The rumours all week have been that it’s a male SPAD with whom he’s already shacked up, but it’s now being suggested that it’s a long-standing female political colleague.

Names in the frame include Liz Truss, Paul Schofield and Darren Grimes.

Oh, and Therese Coffey.
Did anyone else think for a moment Paul Schofield? The elderly esteemed knighted actor who was already deceased?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I AM IN COMPLETE DISBELIEF

Paddy Mcguiness has just been named the next Question Of Sport host

this completely misses the show,s point

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Here is my take on Ant and Lisa. They both has alcohol and drug dependency issues and enabled each other whilst together. When Ant was forced to get clean by ITV and his management he had no choice but to walk away from the marriage and it’s fairly common for this to happen when addicts recover, unless the spouse or partner is on the same page and getting help as well. Not that I’m condoning his behaviour but it explains it somewhat. When Lisa didn’t go quietly and acted out in hurt and anger his management launched a smear against her because they have far too much to lose if Ant and Dec‘s brand image is damaged. Lisa is very successful in her own right, and has never traded off Ants name, she’s very popular with her work colleagues. All the Strictly pros appear to adore her as do the crew. She also worked on Piers Morgan’s Life Stories and he’s is very much in her corner as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@The Devils Arse , don’t apologise, rubbish tea with no back up is the mainstay of my day on here. Keep it up!
Also the “ lame to fames “. Haven’t had many of those for a while ( as long as nobody objects that they’re derailing and need a separate thread of course ).

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.