Secret Celeb Gossip #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else think for a moment Paul Schofield? The elderly esteemed knighted actor who was already deceased?
I sat opposite the esteemed actor on a train once. Fascinating face. He had an elderly, friendly dog with him. No tea, but just didn’t expect to see his name crop up on here.

You gotta feel some sympathy now for the bird who lured Ant away from Lisa thinking she'd got it made now - she'll find out soon enough :)
Why sympathy? What will she find out soon enough?

Reactions: 2
Anyone remember Peggy Mount. I saw her and definitely heard her in my old G.Ps waiting room once. She was very loud, whether because she was a these who projected or for attention who knows? Apparently she’d had a bit of bother but “Paul Schofiled has been lovely” Mind blowing go I know!
You wouldn’t put those two together would you though?

Reactions: 4
I remember her. Once seen (or heard), never forgotten!

The loudest voice celeb I have ever seen was Micheal Winner. I was in M & S in High Street Kensington, MW had a massive mansion just off there (think Robbie Williams owns it now?) and he literally came in, stood by the door and bellowed - fetch me the manager, I need to get some clothes for a film for this gentleman. This gentleman was Jeremy Irons who looked mortified. Again, no tea, but meandering memories. Winner was an entitled knob. I used to see Princess Diana in there too.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Here is my take on Ant and Lisa. They both has alcohol and drug dependency issues and enabled each other whilst together. When Ant was forced to get clean by ITV and his management he had no choice but to walk away from the marriage and it’s fairly common for this to happen when addicts recover, unless the spouse or partner is on the same page and getting help as well. Not that I’m condoning his behaviour but it explains it somewhat. When Lisa didn’t go quietly and acted out in hurt and anger his management launched a smear against her because they have far too much to lose if Ant and Dec‘s brand image is damaged. Lisa is very successful in her own right, and has never traded off Ants name, she’s very popular with her work colleagues. All the Strictly pros appear to adore her as do the crew. She also worked on Piers Morgan’s Life Stories and he’s is very much in her corner as well.
I agree with this. Except I think his position probably helped her get her foot in the door at least with her career, though clearly her own talent has sustained it.

Reactions: 7
@The Devils Arse , don’t apologise, rubbish tea with no back up is the mainstay of my day on here. Keep it up!
Also the “ lame to fames “. Haven’t had many of those for a while ( as long as nobody objects that they’re derailing and need a separate thread of course ).
Thank you!!
I think I just got SO excited about being able to contribute to this thread, I didn't realise it was complete tit. But I think this tops my last contribution - the mother telling me she had seen Brian blessed get his covid jab!

Scuttles back out to lurking on the thread and reading decent tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I AM IN COMPLETE DISBELIEF

Paddy Mcguiness has just been named the next Question Of Sport host

this completely misses the show,s point
I wonder if all those Muppets who were spitting feathers when it was first announced Sue Barker was being replaced allegedly with Alex Scott would prefer her as an actual sports person, or are that gammony sexist they would still prefer Paddy "Let the thick, see the table" McGuinness.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if all those Muppets who were spitting feathers when it was first announced Sue Barker was being replaced allegedly with Alex Scott would prefer her as an actual sports person, or are that gammony sexist they would still prefer Paddy "Let the thick, see the table" McGuinness.
I reckon she will be a team captain. Cannot abide McGuiness. Same old faces, in his case, untalented and completely not sports related.

Reactions: 11
I reckon she will be a team captain. Cannot abide McGuiness. Same old faces, in his case, untalented and completely not sports related.

new captains are the brilliant Sam Queck and rugby pundit Ugo Moynie

that's the only thing the producers have got right

Reactions: 1
So they’re making A Question of Sport into a more comedy based thing then? They should never have axed ‘They Think It’s All Over’.

Reactions: 8
So they’re making A Question of Sport into a more comedy based thing then? They should never have axed ‘They Think It’s All Over’.
bad bad decision to try and twist and reinvent an old well loved show

its DNA is straight facts about sport with a bit of a laugh

don't like the direction they are taking with it

Reactions: 6
Ah yes that santander ad - can I just add here that it takes more than 7 bricks to build a shed, as quoted by Ant?

You gotta feel some sympathy now for the bird who lured Ant away from Lisa thinking she'd got it made now - she'll find out soon enough :)
This screenshot is from a Mirror article, not sure that all the money would be enough to compensate me for being a sober partner particularly as I would worry about my kids in case of a relapse.

Screenshot_20210612-063224_Google.jpg

"Ant McPartlin in high spirits as he's joined by Dec Donnelly for golf stag do - Mirror Online" https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ant-mcpartlin-high-spirits-hes-24284684.amp

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don't think Ant and Anne Marie will last; sounds like she's more a nurse/carer than an equal partner. He's a horrible bleep IMVHO.

Reactions: 20
bad bad decision to try and twist and reinvent an old well loved show

its DNA is straight facts about sport with a bit of a laugh

don't like the direction they are taking with it
It might be a well loved show, but it's hardly the most relevant show in 2021. The format and cast really need reworking. A revamp is probably needed to save it from being axed. I wouldn't choose Paddy as a host, but it hasn't felt relevant since the days David Ginola was on it flirting with Sue Barker in the 90s. It's needs people in like Alex Scott, Micah Richards etc to freshen it up.

To all the Golden Girls fans, may I introduce you to your new favourite video? 😊

• Haha
It might be a well loved show, but it's hardly the most relevant show in 2021. The format and cast really need reworking. A revamp is probably needed to save it from being axed. I wouldn't choose Paddy as a host, but it hasn't felt relevant since the days David Ginola was on it flirting with Sue Barker in the 90s. It's needs people in like Alex Scott, Micah Richards etc to freshen it up.
Ally McCoist flirting with Sue Barker in the 00's and being absolute filth is another pretty iconic era of the show.

It's a sports quiz, it worked exactly as it was. The idea we need to reinvent something all the time is wrong in my opinion. How many reboots of shows etc don't work. It ain't broke, so don't fix it

Reactions: 12
I got Disney plus yesterday just for The Golden Girls
You will not regret it ☺

To be fair, of all the streaming services, Disney plus has the best content and is the best value at the minute. I’m loving the nostalgic movies and series on Disney star.

Reactions: 4
It's a sports quiz, it worked exactly as it was. The idea we need to reinvent something all the time is wrong in my opinion. How many reboots of shows etc don't work. It ain't broke, so don't fix it
But it is broken. It used to be a prime time show with big ratings. I couldn't even tell you when it is on any more. Any time I watched for a few minutes in the last 15 years it has been painful. The cast has been updated many times before. Sue Barker hasn't always been the host and the team captains have been updated many times. It needs a revamp, much like how she really freshened it up a few decades ago. It needs the equivalent of Ian Botham when he was on it (i.e. an actual recognisable name people liked watching who was good on TV). Same with Ally McCoist in the early 2000s.

Nobody is saying we need to reinvent everything all the time. I am saying this specific show needs revamping or else it will be cancelled. Plenty of shows get revamped and stay relevant. Including A Question of Sport itself in the 90s.

I don't think Ant and Anne Marie will last; sounds like she's more a nurse/carer than an equal partner. He's a horrible bleep IMVHO.
That's what I was thinking. She sounds like his carer.

When Lisa didn’t go quietly and acted out in hurt and anger his management launched a smear against her because they have far too much to lose if Ant and Dec‘s brand image is damaged
This is what completely puts me off Ant and his cheeky chappie persona. of course she acted out. Why shouldn't she, when she has spent her entire adult life with him, only to be cheated on and then treated like she was in the wrong, holding him back from being with his true love? His fans kept going on about how his new woman must be pregnant, as if Lisa's infertility was what stopped them having children, when probably it was him, or both of them if they were both big drinkers. And anyway, why would he be forgiven for dumping her because she couldn't have children? Even though both Ant and Dec have known her since they were children, they did absolutely nothing to call the dogs off. They were the money. if they wanted the stalking and the abuse to stop, they could have said 'enough now' at any time. They didn't.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.