Secret Celeb Gossip #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree with this... she’s been the type who has slept her way to the top, used men to further her career and batted her eyelids to get what she’s wanted from a very young age. There’s a good chance getting into bed with Calvin was another calculated move on her part and when he’s caught her cheating he’s realised what she’s been doing and pulled the plug. He’s taught her a very valuable lesson in my opinion and showed her for what she is.

I think he always comes across really bad because he’s got quite a deadpan, droll sense of humour that not many people understand.
Calvin Harris has quite a reputation for being a cheater himself. But because he's a man people excuse it. I'm not condoning what Rita did, but he is no angel so don't treat him like one. He needs to get over himself and that's the truth.
I work in an optician and we sold Christian slater and his wife glasses when he was in town shooting a film. He was absolutely lovely ❤. His wife is pretty young prob about 15- 20 years younger than him but they seemed really happy.

I pretended not to know who he was when he came to collect his glasses and asked his name🤦. I then had to fit his glasses which was surreal considering I had a poster of him on my wall in the 90s! He let us take pics etc and was just generally no bother at all. Also paid full price for his glasses 😉
Untamed Hearts is still one of my favorite movies. Slater has had quite the past and I never know what to believe with him. He was accused of groping a woman in NY, but nothing ever came of it. A lot of people have met him and said good things.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Do you all think Beyonce and Amal Clooney used surrogates?

Kim K is honest about surrogacy, but not the reason. What she told is 100% pure bs (if what she told were true, she'd be dead now), she did it for vanity, but you can't say that I suppose. At least she admits to it!

Reactions: 9
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that you don't have to bow and curtsey anymore?! Hurray! Anyway I'm half American and they bow to no-one so I will exercise my right to do that if I ever come across one of the Royals. They are just people!!
It hasn’t been a legal observation to bow/curtsy to members of the Royal Family for generations - most people did it out of deference to them. Now most people do it as part of tradition or a sign of respect. You don’t usually bow/curtsy to foreign royals but sometimes people do, an example is when Kate Middleton presents the trophies at Wimbledon, or Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden curtsying to the Empire of Japan.
I think the Cambridge’s have been relaxed about it and the Sussexes have gone ever more relaxed so people don’t feel the need.
The only issue is when people don’t know where they can stand, things can get...awkward.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It hasn’t been a legal observation to bow/curtsy to members of the Royal Family for generations - most people did it out of deference to them. Now most people do it as part of tradition or a sign of respect. You don’t usually bow/curtsy to foreign royals but sometimes people do, an example is when Kate Middleton presents the trophies at Wimbledon, or Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden curtsying to the Empire of Japan.
I think the Cambridge’s have been relaxed about it and the Sussexes have gone ever more relaxed so people don’t feel the need.
The only issue is when people don’t know where they can stand, things can get...awkward.
So freaking embarrassing that Meghan didn’t curtsy to the QUEEN OF TONGA.
Didn’t Imelda get side eyed by the Prince of Morocco for her protocol. I swear we can make a whole thread of awkward Markle moments.
I hear she’s going to be going to the Met Gala with Edward Enninful. I wonder what poorly fitted dress she’ll wear this time?

Reactions: 5
So freaking embarrassing that Meghan didn’t curtsy to the QUEEN OF TONGA.
Didn’t Imelda get side eyed by the Prince of Morocco for her protocol. I swear we can make a whole thread of awkward Markle moments.
I hear she’s going to be going to the Met Gala with Edward Enninful. I wonder what poorly fitted dress she’ll wear this time?
Haha Imelda. That’s one of my favourite nicknames for her.

Reactions: 2
Hmmmm this post is a bit odd from where I sit. Why would you care about two people who you say you don’t know on a show you say you don’t watch and take sides with one of them? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I mean why would you even know or care about a “finale” on this show? #jussayin
I just see the news when I'm browsing the sidebar of shame for shits and giggles, and because Caprice is someone I recognise (increasingly, I have no idea who many people who feature in showbiz news stories even are these days) I just wondered. Does it matter?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You can dislike Sam Smith (god knows I do) and still refer to them as the pronoun they want. It’s not hard and doesn’t hurt you. 🙄
It is hard for many people, and some people are also morally opposed to this reality-denying, attention-seeking self-indulgence. Pronouns exist for the ease and benefit of other people, not yourself. Changing your normal pronoun is like demanding people address you with an honorific.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Foreign citizens aren't required to curtsy to royals, but royals to each other are, regardless where they are from.
Typically citizens don't have to curtsy anymore and my understanding is that the Dutch are the most progressive ones, having done away with curtsies (though they must be observed internationally to not cause offence, eg a foreign royal comes to visit or they go abroad, the Dutch princesses have to curtsy as do those royals to the Dutch king and queen).
The Windsors amongst each other absolutely must and do curtsy to each other according to hierarchy (which is not the same as line of succession! hierarchy was changed after Camilla married in and Anne refused to have to curtsy to her, so order of precedence was invented, with "born royals" ranking above married-in (in private)).

Reactions: 1
Foreign citizens aren't required to curtsy to royals, but royals to each other are, regardless where they are from.
Typically citizens don't have to curtsy anymore and my understanding is that the Dutch are the most progressive ones, having done away with curtsies (though they must be observed internationally to not cause offence, eg a foreign royal comes to visit or they go abroad, the Dutch princesses have to curtsy as do those royals to the Dutch king and queen).
The Windsors amongst each other absolutely must and do curtsy to each other according to hierarchy (which is not the same as line of succession! hierarchy was changed after Camilla married in and Anne refused to have to curtsy to her, so order of precedence was invented, with "born royals" ranking above married-in (in private)).
Yeah, like I said!
I’m the Royals are on another level, they have to curtsy but does anyone think Meghan curtsied when the cameras weren’t around?

Calvin Harris has quite a reputation for being a cheater himself. But because he's a man people excuse it. I'm not condoning what Rita did, but he is no angel so don't treat him like one. He needs to get over himself and that's the truth.
It’s not about the cheating and I’m not treating him like anything. The point I’m making is more about her using him to get ahead and if he felt like she’d only been with him to get him to work on her music then pulling the plug on that was the right thing to do. She’s alienated some big names in the music industry with her behaviour, not just him.

Reactions: 11
she’s such an awkward host too! she always looks terrified and like she just wants the whole thing to be over. nothing she says comes across genuine. I feel the same about most US tv hosts. God I cannot stand Jimmy Fallon. 🤢
Fallon is apparently a huge coke/alcohol addict and cheats on his wife. He injured his finger before and gave a ridiculous story about how he did it. Apparently it was really from being coked up.

Someone mentioned Matthew Broderick a few pages back. My sister's wife loves Broadway and gay celebrity gossip news. From what she's told us Broderick is a cheat, bitter asshole, and a huge alcoholic. His wife had the career he thought he should have had. Why they are still married I'll never know. SJP isn't my idea of beautiful, but surely she could do better than him. Word is they live together but separately. My husband said it best, "why even bother being married?"

Back in her Broadway days, Lea Michele (Glee, Rachel) had a same-sex fling with another lesser known Broadway singer named Haviland Stillwell. After Googling her, I can't say I blame Michele one bit. Stillwell is an out and proud lesbian. Her now wife either used to work for/still works for Giada De Laurentiis.

I've heard a lot of theories surrounding the nature of Lea Michele and Diane Agron's (Glee, Quinn) relationship as well. Rumor is they too had a fling. Apparently Lea doesn't mind hopping into bed with women but doesn't do relationships with them. Agron also had a ton of rumors linking her romantically to Taylor Swift.

I've seen a fair number of people on these threads joke about celebrities either being gay, coke heads, or pedophiles. Your kinda right. It's more like bisexual, coke heads, and pedophiles. Sounds like a lot of celebrities can and do sleep with both sexes and don't hide it well.

I've heard rumors about Nicole Kidman recently. Apparently she and Keith Urban are each other's beards. Makes you wondered about her "friendship" with Naomi Watts.

Mariska Hargitay has rumors too. Apparently she was getting it on with Maria Bello, who is another openly bisexual actress. I also know that Jorja Fox (Sara Siddle, CSI) is a lesbian. My all time favorite one was about Gillian Anderson and Alex Kingston. Gillian is also bisexual and uh, well, these two not so discreetly carried on an affair while Alex was engaged. This was during Kingston's ER days.

Another thing that seems to be increasing in popularity is open marriages. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have one. So do Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith. There was some actress on Orange Is the New Black who was married and had a girlfriend. To echo my husband's early sentiments, why even bother being married? Just do long-term pair bonding. Think of all the money you'd save on a wedding and in all likelyhood divorce. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not judging anyone here. I just don't get wanting to be married if you're going to see other people. Isn't that like the textbook definition of irony?
I always thought Keith Urban was gay then found out he was married to Nicole and was like "wtf." haha. Such a weird pairing.

Reactions: 5
Stevie G managing Liverpool is the fairytale they want to happen but Klopp has the biggest boots to fill. I can’t see him getting the top level experience he needs at Rangers (sorry any Gers fans). Unless Liverpool start declining in the next 2+ years I don’t think he is the right man for the job.

Reactions: 10
It is hard for many people, and some people are also morally opposed to this reality-denying, attention-seeking self-indulgence. Pronouns exist for the ease and benefit of other people, not yourself. Changing your normal pronoun is like demanding people address you with an honorific.
Honestly, I try to be accepting but I find this whole pronoun stuff a load of shite. It seems like it has become a trend the past two years or so. Just like when I was in high school and people would say they were "bisexual" because it was the in thing to do in 2005.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.