Secret Celeb Gossip #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine spending all that time and money to study journalism only to end up rehashing some nobodies Instagram posts for the DM :poop:
90% of all journalism is either paraphrasing celebs' PR releases or acting as a propaganda machine for the government.

I imagine most Daily Mail journalists do not believe the shite they write on behalf of the Tories, nor support them. But hey, got to keep the Tories' uber-rich mates who own it happy.

Reactions: 9
There's a brilliant Twitter account called Second Mentions where they post examples from articles. It's when writers don't want to use the person's name again in the same paragraph so they have to refer to them in a convoluted descriptive way, often with a touch of shade thrown in. The knobbly monsters account is good too.

ETA: sorry @Eureka, think I quoted the wrong post 🤦🏻‍♀️
Love this

Reactions: 1
90% of all journalism is either paraphrasing celebs' PR releases or acting as a propaganda machine for the government.
The latter is basically the same as the former, just with the PR releases coming from different people.

Reactions: 4

Interesting that Brooklyn Beckham sliding in her DMs was recent. The lad is going to regret his loved up social media posts and tattoos. Probably more so than Travis Scott will regret want to rim her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I suppose it’s a bit different than the gossip we are used to, but Katy Perry joined Miranda Kerr (Orlando Bloom’s ex wife) for an online chat about skincare and I thought it was so lovely and wholesome that they could be friendly and on good terms!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

I hope she doesn't ruin her career. I thought her second album with the 80s sound was better than her first. It will be interesting to hear new music when her third album is ready.

I suppose it’s a bit different than the gossip we are used to, but Katy Perry joined Miranda Kerr (Orlando Bloom’s ex wife) for an online chat about skincare and I thought it was so lovely and wholesome that they could be friendly and on good terms!
Espescally as they have been rumours that Orlando is not the biological Father of his kid with Miranda.

• Wow
She'll have no problem finding writers.
Yeah but the problem might be finding writers who give her so many hits. Plenty of solo acts started with two big selling albums then went downhill and more so with female solo acts (Dido and Duffy two examples).

Reactions: 2
Yeah but the problem might be finding writers who give her so many hits. Plenty of solo acts started with two big selling albums then went downhill and more so with female solo acts (Dido and Duffy two examples).
I'm reminded also of Avril Lavigne's second album, which was credited mostly to her and Evan Taubenfeld, compared to her first album which had a lot of other writers involved. Personally thought it was better, but I dont think critics or sales figures agree with me :ROFLMAO:

And, specifically regarding Dido, Safe Trip Home was actually a really good album, although I do wonder if people were kind of fed up of her by that point.

Reactions: 2
Her songs are generic. It really won't be an issue. She's one of a handful of acts who sell albums so even having an album track (i.e. not a single) will bring the writer about £15000/£20000 depending on amount of writers.

That is a low figure compared to how things used to be pre-streaming. I know hit songwriters who earn about £25000 these days a year. Not much in essence.

Last edited:
Duffy says she was abducted and raped and took a decade to get over the experience, that's a slightly different reason for not releasing music after her second album.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I'm reminded also of Avril Lavigne's second album, which was credited mostly to her and Evan Taubenfeld, compared to her first album which had a lot of other writers involved. Personally thought it was better, but I dont think critics or sales figures agree with me :ROFLMAO:

And, specifically regarding Dido, Safe Trip Home was actually a really good album, although I do wonder if people were kind of fed up of her by that point.
I loved every song off the first two albums Avril did. They could have all been released as a single with absolute no filler and she was selling out stadiums. Then she went all pop and now she does far smaller venues and her stuff doesn't sell the same.

Dido was great and it was a shame when she disappeared.

I loved every song off the first two albums Avril did. They could have all been released as a single with absolute no filler and she was selling out stadiums. Then she went all pop and now she does far smaller venues and her stuff doesn't sell the same.
I found a lot of Let Go a bit immature, I guess, even at the time (I would have been 15/16, I'm about 18 months younger than Avril). I preferred the less "pop" sound of Under My Skin, I suppose. There's also one or two songs from Best Damn Thing which are okay too, and one or two since (eg her cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door), but for the most part after that I can leave her music. She's still beautiful though :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else find Rachel Riley "FERTILITY" countdown conundrum quite insensitive, particularly considering so many couples have FERTILITY struggles???

Reactions: 15
Anyone else find Rachel Riley "FERTILITY" countdown conundrum quite insensitive, particularly considering so many couples have FERTILITY struggles???
I wouldn’t take offence - it’s quite a nice way to reveal something obviously based on her job. Much prefer that than the oh so boringpictures of scans etc!

I think the wording used might be simply because there are more vowels in the word than “pregnant”.
Congrats!

Reactions: 8

I hope she doesn't ruin her career. I thought her second album with the 80s sound was better than her first. It will be interesting to hear new music when her third album is ready.
not necessarily, there is an article about this on the BBC, really shocking how exploitive it is

I wouldn’t take offence - it’s quite a nice way to reveal something obviously based on her job. Much prefer that than the oh so boringpictures of scans etc!

I think the wording used might be simply because there are more vowels in the word than “pregnant”.
Congrats!
I thought the same, it was maybe the only 9 letter pregnancy-related word she could get! (But pregnancy has 9 letters...)

She’s a lucky lady, I think Pasha is fab

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.