Secret Celeb Gossip #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's what I noticed too. Just didn't seem his full self, but, couldn't put my finger on it. (Glad someone else had noticed!)

I didn't mind Sally either, she seems like a lovely person, just was a bit unconfident in the role of host, but should get more comfortable with it. She seemed more nervous than the contestants!
He is filming for Disney. They are making a series of Willow (the film) and he is named as the main star.

Reactions: 3
Re: Madden It's also the reference of them going to Hampstead Heath which is a known gay cruising site.
Yes I picked that up too.

My DM bugbear is how they always have to mention everyone's house price. Like it bears no relevance to the story at all but it will have something like '...who lives in a 950k home'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah duck the dm with their “PREGNANT” or “GIVES BIRTH” 🤦🏻‍♀️
They really are horrible!! I wanted to quote someone else's comment too about 'showing of bump' but I'm new and I donno how. But surely there must be a woman in DM office saying do you realise how patronising and cruel we sound. But yep nobody, no conscious in that 'newspaper'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes I picked that up too.

My DM bugbear is how they always have to mention everyone's house price. Like it bears no relevance to the story at all but it will have something like '...who lives in a 950k home'
I love that, it makes me giggle reading the story. You're right, it never has any bearing on anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Imagine spending all that time and money to study journalism only to end up rehashing some nobodies Instagram posts for the DM :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Imagine spending all that time and money to study journalism only to end up rehashing some nobodies Instagram posts for the DM :poop:
There's a brilliant Twitter account called Second Mentions where they post examples from articles. It's when writers don't want to use the person's name again in the same paragraph so they have to refer to them in a convoluted descriptive way, often with a touch of shade thrown in. The knobbly monsters account is good too.

ETA: sorry @Eureka, think I quoted the wrong post 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There's a brilliant Twitter account called Second Mentions where they post examples from articles. It's when writers don't want to use the person's name again in the same paragraph so they have to refer to them in a convoluted descriptive way, often with a touch of shade thrown in.
I'm never going to unsee this now! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder what their threshold is for Instagram followers before they'll call some random an "influencer"? I do know someone with 17,000+ followers, which would probably count (heck, its almost enough for a thread here), but I have suspicions that even the random chav girls with 1,200 followers would be described as influencers if they happened to turn up in the DM for any reason.

Reactions: 8
I think you are being generous with the assumption they have any qualifications..!

Reactions: 5
I suspect Mailonline is staffed by unpaid interns or people on work experience. They cant possibly have studied journalism. Their writing id dreadful! I read somewhere that they are actually losing money, despite being such a huge website. I dont know how true that is. They are a huge website

I wonder what their threshold is for Instagram followers before they'll call some random an "influencer"? I do know someone with 17,000+ followers, which would probably count (heck, its almost enough for a thread here), but I have suspicions that even the random chav girls with 1,200 followers would be described as influencers if they happened to turn up in the DM for any reason.
I think bunging them a few hundred quid would do it!

When I was studying Fashion Journalism I was an intern for a week at the DM. The Mail HQ offices are out of this world. The HQ offices were like a mini-city as it has a huge entrance and glass windows/offices around and you can see glass elevator moving up and down. Oh my god, the catering was sooo good as it has a huge kitchen where you can always order food and a mini costa cafe. That was the best part for me - the catering.
I was working for the Femail part and was working directly with the Femail editor. For that week I was on a photoshoot with some soap stars (don't ask me who as I can't remember!) and did lots and lots of research online for various fashion trends. For the most part, it was quite a quiet week and I had my own office (ok so it was a little cubby hole but it was made into an office). The one thing that struck me while there, how nobody really took any notice of the website or really wanted to comment on it. I never worked on the website, I was just the extra hand to do research and to iron clothes or get coffees. Everyone was friendly to me. The intern was part of my uni course so I didn't get paid obviously. I'll try and dig out a photo I took of a behind the scene look at the photo shoot I was working on. This was also 10-11 years ago so things might have changed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
DM might as well write ‘Richard Madden - we think he’s gay’ across the page.
I don’t think anyone would care, thank goodness, but it’s still no one’s business. Haven’t we moved on a society where we aren’t concerned about other people’s bedroom habits?
I certainly enjoy reading about celebs and their love lives!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.