Secret Celeb Gossip #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, the coverage is utterly bizarre in places. It's like every thought or conversation has to have its own story.

In the last couple of days I've seen stories about:

• An unnamed friend who apparently told Kate to leave him
  • Kate's fears over being a carer
  • We might not know the prognosis for a year
  • Generic 'he's a fighter' type story
  • Usual 'vile trolls' story because some people said negative things about the documentary
  • Story about how her children are coping
That is utterly insane. Most of these stories are a complete rehash and just padded out with details about their marriage, general COVID stuff etc.

The last time I think we had this kind of detail about an illness was when Jade Goody was dying and the press just lost their mind with constant stories about every minute detail about her life.
Well I think the red tops felt guilty about how they treated her and yet still wanted to earn money from her dying - it was completely despicable but her horrid husband didn't help. He hasn't shut up since really. I don't care what KG does but involving your teenage children in these sort of things is a very bad idea.

Reactions: 7
Gosh I'm really surprised that so many of you are slating Kate Garraway for her documentary! I think you really need to watch it to understand why she did it. I don't think it's for the money. I think she wanted to show the horror of covid & how it impacts on the patient and the family. It's unbelievable that he is still in hospital a year later and could be until December 2021. He will never be the same man. It showed how horrific the disease can be for some people. I don't see this doc as any different to others that have been made about people with disabilities etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
In other news...anyone else see that Onais (or whatever her name is) Gallagher has done the photography for the latest Coca-Cola ad. Nepotism much????? She seemed fairly down to earth in an interview I heard of her. Shame she jumped on the bandwagon but I guess you have to take every opportunity that is handed to you

Reactions: 16
I'm under the impression Derek is in the state he's in because of the treatment they gave him. Being in intensive care and put on a ventilator is a very invasive process and the intervention itself is what gives the poor outcome.

Ibwas under the impression that he was treated this way because it was the early days of the pandemic and we knew little of covid at the time. If he was hospitalised now he wouldn't be given the same treatment.

I might be wrong of course but I don't believe he's suffering from long covid, so this documentary can't be to raise awareness.
I agree. I work in medical field and Invasive ventilation is very damaging as well as Covid being a horrific lung damaging disease. Treatments now are tried before having to ventilate a patient. It really is a last resort. I had to turn the documentary off as I found it really intrusive. Poor Derek

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Watching the Kate Garraway Doc and I'm in tears... she's doing so well to "keep it altogether" - her FTming Derek when the kids were doing the Dirty Dancing scene broke me.

Without a doubt I'd have crumbled by now.

I really really hope she's got a strong support system around her because she's really doing her best for everyone else. I hope someone's looking out for her xxx

ETA just got to the end and he said "I love you"!!!!!! I'm so glad she got to hear that <3

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I haven’t watched it so can’t judge. I do like Kate though she comes across lovely and warm and I hope that is exactly how she is. I respect that’s she did this to show people what the reality of long COVID could look like. I can’t even imagine. My heart goes out to her and their family. I hope at some point I can bring myself to watch it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've never liked KG. I found her very annoying, but after last night's program, I find myself having a lot of sympathy for her. I have some respect for her now, but I'm afraid I still don't like her as a person o_O. And her hair always looks like a bad wig that's been plonked on her head.

Reactions: 9
Gosh I'm really surprised that so many of you are slating Kate Garraway for her documentary! I think you really need to watch it to understand why she did it. I don't think it's for the money. I think she wanted to show the horror of covid & how it impacts on the patient and the family. It's unbelievable that he is still in hospital a year later and could be until December 2021. He will never be the same man. It showed how horrific the disease can be for some people. I don't see this doc as any different to others that have been made about people with disabilities etc.
I'm not slating her, just the media coverage. You can surely see it's ludicrously over the top...as I said, I've never seen one single person ever get this much attention. Well, maybe Princess Diana and Madeleine McCann but I can't think of anyone who comes close. The number of articles daily on KG/Derek is mind-boggling to me.

Reactions: 11
I don’t even know who either of them are.

Re the ghoulish book phase. I remember there was one horrifically called Please Daddy No! That always made me have a nervous giggle every time I saw it in the shop at the train station or whatever as a kind of weird reaction to something so terrible.

The gossip and showbiz sections on DS are being closed I’m expecting a huge influx of new members here on Tattle which will be nice.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The gossip and showbiz sections on DS are being closed I’m expecting a huge influx of new members here on Tattle which will be nice.
I'm so annoyed! I loved the secret celeb gossip thread ( although Id migrated to Tattle because I could never guess them)
I think they are getting rid of them because they cant afford the mods to police them, but I may be wrong.

Zara Tindall had a baby boy,any tea on those two?Never really read anything bad about her or Mike who seem so down to earth it's almost too good to be true!Peter Philips also recently separated..I wouldnt mind a slice of that pie...

Reactions: 12
Zara Tindall had a baby boy,any tea on those two?Never really read anything bad about her or Mike who seem so down to earth it's almost too good to be true!Peter Philips also recently separated..I wouldnt mind a slice of that pie...
Is Zara the one who was heavily pregnant at Harry's wedding and had a face of what the duck, please can my waters break when that American preacher went off on one during the service? If so, I love her just for her face then. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Let’s say Mike I heard has a roming eye!! Also someone else here said it as well!!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.