Secret Celeb Gossip #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I truly feel for Kate Garraway and what she's going through with her husband being so ill for so long with Covid but I am absolutely dumbfounded at how Mail Online has spent months pubishing her every single move, her every though

It's as though she's the only person in the world. I've never seen one person get this much coverage ever.

I can understand her doing the documentary and writing a book....it's probably therapy for her and I can see how stuff like this may help others who are caring for ill loved ones.

The Mail coverage is just utterly bizzare in my opinion though, and I feel it is far too much. I don't get how she can want/need that level of attention but she does appear to be courting it and it's been decided that anyone who says it's a bit much or uncomfortable or anything like that is now a "cruel troll" apparently.

I know the Mail are in bed with ITV but it's madness.
I agree. I have great sympathy for Derek Draper, but I don’t understand why he has been so publicised. I doubt if there would be so much interest if his wife wasn’t known. There are lots of “ordinary “ people who have Long Covid.

Reactions: 11
I really like Kate Garraway. I think she is one of the genuine ones. She doesn’t strike me as the publicity seeking type . I think her only motivation for doing this documentary was to educate people about long covid or anyone living with someone who has a life altering condition .
Yes there were some Intensely private moments documented but that is her reality and others . I’m sure she discussed it with both her family and his before doing the documentary. Just because they are private and dont go on social media , it doesn’t mean they didn’t agree to it .
I found it refreshing that she comes across as quite scatty and untidy . She didn’t live in a overtly showbiz house. It was normal , toysand Piles of stuff everywhere .... and that was before she had to totally adapt the house. Some good points were raised .
I agree..I’ve worked as a bereavement counsellor for the last 2 years . It’s obvious Kate is grieving - for the loss of the Derek as he used to be . She made the decision to make the programme for her own reasons and I respect that and I can see how in some ways it was helping her to process her thoughts and her grief . I agree it may not be what Derek or his family would have wanted but the situation is unprecedented. If Derek recovers sufficiently and I sincerely hope that he does then he and Kate would have to deal with the fallout together .

Reactions: 13
I agree..I’ve worked as a bereavement counsellor for the last 2 years . It’s obvious Kate is grieving - for the loss of the Derek as he used to be . She made the decision to make the programme for her own reasons and I respect that and I can see how in some ways it was helping her to process her thoughts and her grief . I agree it may not be what Derek or his family would have wanted but the situation is unprecedented. If Derek recovers sufficiently and I sincerely hope that he does then he and Kate would have to deal with the fallout together .
KG is an attention-seeker. Do you not remember she had to have sex with her husband 2 or 3 times a day for a month for some article or other?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
KG is an attention-seeker. Do you not remember she had to have sex with her husband 2 or 3 times a day for a month for some article or other?
I guess if you fancy your husband to bits and he's a bloody good shag and - most importantly - you get a month's pay to do it, then that's a pretty easy way of earning a few quid.

Anyway, you could always lie :D :D :D

Derek is a man of a certain age, and even pre-Covid, would he be able to get in the mood 2 - 3 times a day? No offence intended to any men in his age bracket.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I truly feel for Kate Garraway and what she's going through with her husband being so ill for so long with Covid but I am absolutely dumbfounded at how Mail Online has spent months pubishing her every single move, her every though

It's as though she's the only person in the world. I've never seen one person get this much coverage ever.

I can understand her doing the documentary and writing a book....it's probably therapy for her and I can see how stuff like this may help others who are caring for ill loved ones.

The Mail coverage is just utterly bizzare in my opinion though, and I feel it is far too much. I don't get how she can want/need that level of attention but she does appear to be courting it and it's been decided that anyone who says it's a bit much or uncomfortable or anything like that is now a "cruel troll" apparently.

I know the Mail are in bed with ITV but it's madness.
Yes, the coverage is utterly bizarre in places. It's like every thought or conversation has to have its own story.

In the last couple of days I've seen stories about:

• An unnamed friend who apparently told Kate to leave him
  • Kate's fears over being a carer
  • We might not know the prognosis for a year
  • Generic 'he's a fighter' type story
  • Usual 'vile trolls' story because some people said negative things about the documentary
  • Story about how her children are coping
That is utterly insane. Most of these stories are a complete rehash and just padded out with details about their marriage, general COVID stuff etc.

The last time I think we had this kind of detail about an illness was when Jade Goody was dying and the press just lost their mind with constant stories about every minute detail about her life.

Reactions: 16
Yes, the coverage is utterly bizarre in places. It's like every thought or conversation has to have its own story.

• Usual 'vile trolls' story because some people said negative things about the documentary
That is utterly insane. Most of these stories are a complete rehash and just padded out with details about their marriage, general COVID stuff etc.

The last time I think we had this kind of detail about an illness was when Jade Goody was dying and the press just lost their mind with constant stories about every minute detail about her life.
I remember. We got a blow-by-blow account of her death, basically. IRRC she allowed the intrusion as a means of making money for her boys but I felt sick by it all. Found it very groteqeuse and the beginning of reality TV getting really out of control when it came to having no limits whatsoever and screw basic decency.

I've never understood the whole "misery lit" thing though. When books like A Child Called It fly off the shelves I'm just there scratching my head. Aside from maybe other abuse victims, why would anyone want to consume such distressing material?

Reactions: 17
Reminds me a lot of this song by Conor Oberst:

I haven't read past this post yet because I want tea on Conor Oberst! I loved bright eyes until I'm wide awake it's morning, which I hated, then I paid no mind to him for years and missed all that rape allegation stuff. He does seem to have been totally exonerated in a way which rarely happens. I met him briefly many years ago and he was small and polite.

Reactions: 2
I haven't read past this post yet because I want tea on Conor Oberst! I loved bright eyes until I'm wide awake it's morning, which I hated, then I paid no mind to him for years and missed all that rape allegation stuff. He does seem to have been totally exonerated in a way which rarely happens. I met him briefly many years ago and he was small and polite.
No tea but that situation was just horrific for him. The rumours really stuck for years and dogged him when the woman was an extremely mentally ill fantasist.

No tea but that situation was just horrific for him. The rumours really stuck for years and dogged him when the woman was an extremely mentally ill fantasist.
He seems to have handled it very gracefully, must have been awful for everyone concerned.

Reactions: 4
Yes it’s weird isn’t it? I’ve read all sorts of un-palatable stuff by over-sharing slebs, . If you did the same on the bus to strangers peeps would think you mentally ill.

All the best Noseyparker. Hope you’re feeling as well as can be.
Ahh thanks I'm doing good it's what they like to term watch and wait. So I'm just staying positive thanks to tattle life once you join your in for life haha

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I remember. We got a blow-by-blow account of her death, basically. IRRC she allowed the intrusion as a means of making money for her boys but I felt sick by it all. Found it very groteqeuse and the beginning of reality TV getting really out of control when it came to having no limits whatsoever and screw basic decency.
In those days, there weren't as many forums to discuss things like that, and in real life people blew up at me whenever I mentioned it was distasteful. I wasn't so much bothered by her selling her story. Sell as many wedding pictures as you like. But I remember there were photos of her crying children and some really deeply personal things about the boys printed which shocked me. I am glad they've kept the boys out of the spotlight since then and I hope they can go on to have a happy life.

Reactions: 6

I've never understood the whole "misery lit" thing though. When books like A Child Called It fly off the shelves I'm just there scratching my head. Aside from maybe other abuse victims, why would anyone want to consume such distressing material?
Ghouls

Reactions: 6
Hope you don't mind @ClockworkDolly but I have shared your post in the Stacey Solomon thread.
I don’t mind at all. 😁 I couldn‘t find a thread on her. 🤣

Misery memoirs, oh gosh 20 years ago everyone was writing about their miserable childhoods. I read A Child Called It and I’m afraid that was enough for me. I didn’t bother with the rest, too depressing.

Reactions: 10

It’s just clickbait isn’t it? The DM are in their element.

Reactions: 5
I'm under the impression Derek is in the state he's in because of the treatment they gave him. Being in intensive care and put on a ventilator is a very invasive process and the intervention itself is what gives the poor outcome.

Ibwas under the impression that he was treated this way because it was the early days of the pandemic and we knew little of covid at the time. If he was hospitalised now he wouldn't be given the same treatment.

I might be wrong of course but I don't believe he's suffering from long covid, so this documentary can't be to raise awareness.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The song I posted was almost certainly about that incident, at least partly. There was also another song from that album (the album is "Ruminations") called "Tachycardia", the first verse of which seems to deal with that allegation too.

He definitely had a rough few years, given that stuff, then having a (benign) cyst on his brain which put him in hospital (this is also referenced on that album) and then his brother died and he got divorced.

In terms of tea, I have nothing close to first hand, but he is pretty widely rumoured to be currently dating Phoebe Bridgers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.