Secret Celeb Gossip #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my favorite pet subjects are munchies, aka people who fake illnesses/disabilities for attention and/or financial gain. It's a rabbit hole filled with grotesque characters and disturbing practices that really highlight how far some of us are willing to go just to get noticed. So you can only imagine my surprise when upon lurking through the murky world of munchies I've come across an ''essay'' detailing Selma Blair's alleged munchie behavior.

Selma Blair is an actress, mostly known for her roles in Cruel Intentions (Cecile) and Legally Blonde (Vivian). In 2019, Selma announced her ongoing battle with multiple sclerosis while also detailing her efforts to receive an official diagnosis and everyday challenges. The news shocked the viewers and what followed, understandably, was endless love and support directed at Selma. Selma to this day continues to fight the fight and is pretty active on her social media, mainly on instagram.

If you have a Scribd account, you can access the essay here but for those who can't be bothered, I've attached the full version bellow. It's an incredibly fast read, takes ~10mins.

Also, I just want to add a PSA of sorts. Women as a whole are more often than not an afterthought in the medical field, add in being a WOC (especially a black woman) and you get a nightmare of a situation. Healthcare professionals don't believe us, don't listen to us, underestimate the pain we're in. Most of the stuff we know in medicine was based on bodies and minds of cis white men. With that being said, I don't have a definite opinion on Selma's case, it just so happens that a celeb made its way into a personal object of morbid fascination.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
One of my favorite pet subjects are munchies, aka people who fake illnesses/disabilities for attention and/or financial gain. It's a rabbit hole filled with grotesque characters and disturbing practices that really highlight how far some of us are willing to go just to get noticed. So you can only imagine my surprise when upon lurking through the murky world of munchies I've come across an ''essay'' detailing Selma Blair's alleged munchie behavior.
You make me think of Katie Price and how she fit the description of a munchies.

Reactions: 19
I spent one day in my v early 20s assisting 5ive's stylist/wardrobe person when they were on tour in Belfast.

Amongst my duties I had to polish their shoes, carry those really long, heavy leather jackets and... take their worn items, turn them inside out, spray them with febrezze and hang them up after outfit changes. I didn't have to turn the trousers inside out... just spray the crotch. 😳😂

I wasn't a fan (although thought Jay was hot), but thought they were all fit in person (especially Richie, which I was surprised by), but started listening to their music afterwards. Lyrics were pure filth.😮
Oh My God! The 12/13/14 year old me is coming out now. What were they like? Please tell me everything!!! I remember writing to them and i sent them all a pack of those frosties sweets as i read in a magazine that frosties was their favourite sweets!! I never did get a reply though. ;)

Does anyone remember 5ive being on the tv show 'Neighbours from hell'?

Just the Kevin Keegan and the rent boy story but I'd wrote about that before it was all over Newcastle before he left. A rumor of Kenny Dagliesh. There's got to be at least half of them that are.
I had a fling local low level with a guy who was straight acting supposedly and he used to come round to mine all the time then pretend to be the he man in front of his mates and he said he d slept with a few of his team mates after they eyed each other up in the showers
What gossip is there about Sir King Kenny?

Reactions: 13
Whoever wrote that doesn't have a bleeping clue what MS is like. It's different for everyone. There are so many variations on how it fucks you up.

Re: her speech changing, that's completely normal. It's not suddenly one day "Oh, I speak like this now forever". Symptoms can come and go. She's fighting to speak normally. Sometimes it works. Also, Patients can go into complete remission from symptoms for long periods, then suddenly it returns. The entire piece is full of misinformation and an embarrassing lack of basic research.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Your mum sounds hilarious ( if exhausting!) I'm not saying your mum would do this, but that s why I always take 'x was really awful' with a pinch of salt. A lot of the time its more 'x was really rude to me when I went up to him when he was in the toilet and asked for a selfie' or' 'Y told me to duck off when I interrupted their child's birthday party at a restaurant and asked them for an autograph'!
Yes, if it’s a one off but if you have a terrible rep it’s usually well deserved.

Re Sharon. It’s a name from the Torah. In Israel it’s pronounced in two syllables which I think sounds quite melodic. Overuse has made it what it is.

Hu
Eh? Was it by his rent boy?
His story sounded “off”

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Your mum sounds hilarious ( if exhausting!) I'm not saying your mum would do this, but that s why I always take 'x was really awful' with a pinch of salt. A lot of the time its more 'x was really rude to me when I went up to him when he was in the toilet and asked for a selfie' or' 'Y told me to duck off when I interrupted their child's birthday party at a restaurant and asked them for an autograph'!
Exhausting doesn't begin to cover it! She says ludicrous things all the time.

Oh god. I raised Hugh Grant again with my mum. Big mistake. She now says that he was shirty before the lost luggage. He was scruffy (which isn't allowed if people are flying first class according to my mum) and really stroppy.

I asked how she could tell he was stroppy and it was because he didn't make eye contact. I pointed out that he may have been tired, unwell, or simply didn't want 500 people running over asking for autographs, but no, he could only afford first class travel because people paid to see his films, so he should be nice to people 24/7.

In other news, Ben Kingsley is a nice man. My dad even went over to say hello, (which is a massive shock and not like my dad at all) and as they waited for their luggage, Ben Kingsley said "This is the worse part isn't it?"

That makes him a very nice man.

Note to self: Never mention Hugh Grant to my mum ever, ever again. 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Exhausting doesn't begin to cover it! She says ludicrous things all the time.

Oh god. I raised Hugh Grant again with my mum. Big mistake. She now says that he was shirty before the lost luggage. He was scruffy (which isn't allowed if people are flying first class according to my mum) and really stroppy.

I asked how she could tell he was stroppy and it was because he didn't make eye contact. I pointed out that he may have been tired, unwell, or simply didn't want 500 people running over asking for autographs, but no, he could only afford first class travel because people paid to see his films, so he should be nice to people 24/7.

In other news, Ben Kingsley is a nice man. My dad even went over to say hello, (which is a massive shock and not like my dad at all) and as they waited for their luggage, Ben Kingsley said "This is the worse part isn't it?"

That makes him a very nice man.

Note to self: Never mention Hugh Grant to my mum ever, ever again. 😬
Scruffy Ignorant Pig like him 🐷🤣

Reactions: 2
I thought Love Island was full of attractive people? How on earth did Curtis Pritchard get on there?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I thought Love Island was full of attractive people? How on earth did Curtis Pritchard get on there?!
It's full of people the producers think other people will find attractive. Which is not quite the same as being full of attractive people.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What does everyone think about Kate Garraway’s documentary, I think it’s on tonight? I think it’s been so sad seeing the headlines about her husband but I’m not sure how I feel about this documentary

• Sad
Reactions: 10
What does everyone think about Kate Garraway’s documentary, I think it’s on tonight? I think it’s been so sad seeing the headlines about her husband but I’m not sure how I feel about this documentary
I think it’s a bit exploitative. Having seen the clips I find it hard to believe that he was able to consent to take part.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it’s a bit exploitative. Having seen the clips I find it hard to believe that he was able to consent to take part.
I get a bad feeling about this !! Surely she is not so deep in the mire financially to do this programme because I have been reading there maybe problems with the coffers, let’s say!! As for Derek if he wasn’t in the right mindset to agree to this? I cannot imagine what he will feel when he comes back in to here and now!! To see that he has been shown at his worst moments!! I don’t think will bode will for their marriage

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I get a bad feeling about this !! Surely she is not so deep in the mire financially to do this programme because I have been reading there maybe problems with the coffers, let’s say!! As for Derek if he wasn’t in the right mindset to agree to this? I cannot imagine what he will feel when he comes back in to here and now!! To see that he has been shown at his worst moments!! I don’t think will bode will for their marriage
I’m sure I read that she had to rely on friends financially early on in the pandemic when she taking time off of GMB. I’m not sure what Derek does but surely she must have some money, being a prime time TV presenter and other gigs?

Reactions: 24
I’m sure I read that she had to rely on friends financially early on in the pandemic when she taking time off of GMB. I’m not sure what Derek does but surely she must have some money, being a prime time TV presenter and other gigs?
Derek Draper has been a political adviser, lobbyist, psychotherapist and journalist. He has also written two books.
He was affiliated for a long time with the Labour party, but resigned his membership in May 2019, citing a lack of "leadership".

I do remember when he resigned from the Labour party but didn't know what else he did.

Reactions: 10
I don't have a problem with it. I think it raises awareness of the fact that Covid isn't just about old people dying. I don't know if she's making money from it, but again, she may be struggling as presumably he did work and without his salary things may be hard. It isn't as though they live in the fanciest house and flaunt their wealth. What has happened is a huge tragedy. I can't imagine the fear and pain they have endured and will continue to do so, for life I fear,

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don't have a problem with it. I think it raises awareness of the fact that Covid isn't just about old people dying. I don't know if she's making money from it, but again, she may be struggling as presumably he did work and without his salary things may be hard. It isn't as though they live in the fanciest house and flaunt their wealth. What has happened is a huge tragedy. I can't imagine the fear and pain they have endured and will continue to do so, for life I fear,
I agree, I'm sure any and all future plans (retirement, house, holidays, kids' education) is very much up in the air. KG is the sole breadwinner, Derek may not be able to ever work again so she needs to do what she needs to do for her kids. I say that as someone who has never really rated her - although she seemed very nice on IAC - but she's been dealt a truly awful hand.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Oh My God! The 12/13/14 year old me is coming out now. What were they like? Please tell me everything!!! I remember writing to them and i sent them all a pack of those frosties sweets as i read in a magazine that frosties was their favourite sweets!! I never did get a reply though. ;)

Does anyone remember 5ive being on the tv show 'Neighbours from hell'?
I was going to say "sorry, no idea, I never spoke to them", but that's not strictly true, as I've just remembered.😳 😂This was 20 years ago, in my defence.

I had been told, by the wardrobe woman, to stand on this ramp/walkway leading down from the middle of the stage (to backstage) and to hand Richie something when they came off. Either a mic or some piece of clothing, maybe a jacket. Memory v blurry.

Anyway, they all came out past me in a rush, and I did my part, but Richie had been last and the others had all disappeared by the time he took the thing off me. And he looks at me (in a panic) going "which way? Which way?". I just shrugged, "I dunno?! Umm... that way??".

I never did find out if I sent him in the right direction. There really should have been someone else about. 😂

Aside from that, my only real dealings with them (and not their clothes) was during one slow song that 3 of them weren't on stage for. Jay and the 2 other rappy (rhyming with crappy not drapey) ones sat in the vicinity of me and my rack of sweaty clothes. Nobody said anything (they were out of breath and drinking water). I could hardly breathe. And was very conscious of turning around because my trousers were kinda see through (weird black chiffon things (it was 2000-2001)) and I was aware that Jay had his eyes fixed on them. I was 21 and trying to be cool. Also, partly afraid of speaking to them incase their mics were on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought the same, I feel so sad for her and her kids, but how could her husband give informed consent. I'd hate people to see me like that, especially if I wasn't yet well.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.