Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
max Clifford died in prison in 2017.
there is a Ch4 shown on Monday about him
Clearly he was not on my radar in 2017 😵 It's come back to me about him going to prison though. It was part of yewtree. I remember having conversations about it at the time. People I worked with when I was in PR had dealings with him. I won't say who because I'll give myself away but he told one of his would-be clients that she would have to starve herself skinny to get people talking about health concerns just to get her in the papers. She didn't work with him in the end! And she's not the only one he's encouraged to do that...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Any tea on the historian Lucy Wosley who seems popular despite being seen as poor.
No gossip but I can never work out if I like her or not. I dont rate her as highly as Dan Snow, Dan Jones, Susannah Liscombe (think that's her name) and Kate ...surname I've forgotten.

Reactions: 6
I randomly found out the other day that Lily Allen is married to the guy who plays Jim Hopper in Stranger Things. My husband and I were pretty shocked as they don’t seem like people who would go together. Apparently met on a Celeb dating site and got married in Vegas last year with just her girls from her first marriage there.
Probably common knowledge or no one cares if they don’t watch Stranger Things (he’s probably got a massive CV but that’s the only thing I know him from) but he’s my absolute favourite character!
yup and he’s bloody gorgeous! Not tea or gossip but if you follow her on Instagram she’s always putting up videos of him with her kids, he seems so sweet! Also I’m not exactly a fan of hers but I think their wedding pictures are fabulous.
ED34A17D-7C31-402A-AA87-E938C8AE5EC9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Very disappointed to hear about Jane McDonald. Totally bought her act.

Another one I was disappointed to hear about was George Clarke. I like his programmes too and he seems warm and friendly. On the Jack Monroe threads there are a couple of posters who've had professional dealings with him, and apparently his ego is huge, and his knowledge/ability isn't that great.
Don't know how anyone could be taken in by here. She came across as totally up herself with the Northern lass shtick on that cruise programme. Kym Marsh was another one with that crap on Popstars...

Reactions: 12
I hadn't realised Clifford was in prison. He preyed on vulnerable women. You just have to look at the list of people he worked with.

What a painfully attractive couple 😍
He’s absolutely lovely too, I met him last year. Nicest man ever. (David Harbour not Max Clifford 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Don't know how anyone could be taken in by here. She came across as totally up herself with the Northern lass shtick on that cruise programme. Kym Marsh was another one with that crap on Popstars...
I can't bear Kym Marsh but she seems to get regular high profile work despite being allegedly a complete cow. I loathe the way she flirts with her co-hosts on the morning programme she does, as if she's bleeping irresistible. And the faux sympathy with the older ladies who have been fleeced of their life savings on the romance scam programme makes me feel a bit sick.

Reactions: 22
Kym Marsh has had more husbands and partners that the rest of us have had hot dinners. I’ve always felt for her kids with that endless parade of Uncles coming in and out of their lives. Apparently she blamed Jack Ryder when they split up because he wanted to stay at home and her look after her kids, while she wanted to go out clubbing.

Reactions: 13
Kym Marsh has had more husbands and partners that the rest of us have had hot dinners. I’ve always felt for her kids with that endless parade of Uncles coming in and out of their lives. Apparently she blamed Jack Ryder when they split up because he wanted to stay at home and her look after her kids, while she wanted to go out clubbing.
I wonder what the dynamics are like between her and her oldest daughter? I wonder if there is any jealousy on Kim's part? I think she was unforgivable for claiming her kids didn't exist when she applied for Pop Stars but it doesn't seem to have done her any harm.

He’s absolutely lovely too, I met him last year. Nicest man ever. (David Harbour not Max Clifford 😂)
It would have been scary if you had met Max Clifford last year :eek: :eek: :eek: He would make the most malignant ghost!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wow! I’m jealous! I nearly started a riot at the end of series 3 when it looked like we’d lost Hop but I’ve seen the trailer for 4 and I’m ok now 🤣

Reactions: 3
To deflect from the language convo- here's a bit tattle.

My group of mates in the 00s used to say that Fearne Cotton was hell bent on getting herself a rockstar husband. She used to go out with the biggest pete doherty wannabe any of us ever met (and we lived and partied in camden) and was so meticulous about appearing to be the funky, cool, slightly laddish girl on the Soho club scene. Shouting about the bands she liked and the songs she loved, she liked every thing whoever she was talking to did. She was desperate to fit in with the "in" crowd- you know like the appletons, gallaghers, Doherty. Quite sensibly she never went as far as most ppl in that crowd, drugs and bravado wise. But it didn't really suit her. She is a lovely person but you could just see the anxiety of trying to appear a certain way eating her up in the 00s and it was so uncomfortable to be around. After a few years we all felt a bit terrible for gossiping about her and saying she was a rockstar desperado... But then she married Ronnie Wood's son 😆 so we were right- she was ALWAYS going to marry a rock"star"

I think she drove herself mentally into the ground trying to be something that she really wasn't. I'm glad she's found her Zen!
That makes me feel sad (for her)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haha- that clarification!

I'm just sitting reeling a little at the amount of absolute dirt birds in the entertainment industry like Clifford and that awful, awful man Stuart Hall. We need a few more David Harbours in the mix.

I'd love to hear people's stories about lovely people they've met- like blown them away lovely.

I obvs move in certain circles and from my old job I met loads but three people always come to mind. I mentioned on a previous thread how much of an absolute lady Tara Palmer Tompkinson was. One of the first celebrities I met through work and I met her quite a few times at envelope openings and what have you. Never thought she was above talking to "staff" at things, whereas a lot of people did. You'd get a lot of celebs staring you down waiting for you to check their name off the list without them saying their name but she always saved any potential embarrassment by saying "it's Tara, I'll be only one, darling, nice to meet you." She was an utter GEM and mad as a brush.

Had a great experience meeting Larry Lamb too through. Very mild mannered and captivating. Not just because he's easy on the eye. He just has an incredible way about him that keeps your attention without being showy.

Jason Donovan 😍 My older sis was very jealous. Happy to report he is one of the best people I've worked with. Very warm, big cool uncle vibes, I felt. Very undemanding and never assumed anyone should know who he was, always introduced himself, and even sent us thank you cards and gifts when projects when done.

So come on- anyone who blew you away with kindness or just not being a dick, as the bar is on the floor when it comes to celebrities, actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've been told they have quite a normal relationship in that when they hit a bump, they work on it rather than just divorcing at the first sign of trouble. They didn't "put up" with each other's tit either, which a lot of couples do. I met her at her concert in Wembley a few years ago and she is *breathtakingly* beautiful like, goddess territory but she's so rambunctious, in a great wah, that you come crashing back down to earth pretty quickly 😆
Didn’t they get divorced and then got back together? I seem to remember something happened between them

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.