Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MunHun

VIP Member
This is WILD. I had a quick google but can't see anything about it. Bad enough going through that when you haven't done anything in the first place let alone for it to be your daughter accusing you. Jesus Christ. The poor man.
I don’t know why but I thought that was his step daughter. Not that it matters to be accused wrongly of child abuse is horrendously wrong.

Reactions: 1

BigMavis

VIP Member
bloody hell!!!! that’s awful. maybe i’d better not open a can of worms by posting about her...
He isn't on my radar anymore but her thread is still active, think its just piers Morgan life story talk and usual GC antics now so you should be safe

Sufija

[
Hahha I have heard that. She’s a bit of a party girl isn’t she? A friend of hers passed away in Barbados around new year, seems to be some speculation around the death with regards to drug use, I believe Andrea was there.
No, andrea Corr wasnt on holiday with them, she flew out to sing at Emma's funeral. They were close friends.

lalalanded

VIP Member
I am gay.

I'm really not offended by the word "faggot". I don't think it's particularly prevalent and is pretty outraged in itself.

The line in Fairytale of New York uses the word in its Irish context. In Ireland a faggot is a lazy, slobbish person. Context is everything, and I don't think it needs to be removed. I haven't met a gay man in real life who disagrees.

I find ponce much more offensive. Ponce is absolutely a homophobic slur, and is relatively widely-used. I'm not sure how you haven't heard it before. It's to indicate someone who is limp-wristed, and a bit soft and up themselves. Picture a man who works in a department store.

I think the original poster was mixing up ponce with n. A n is a pedalo.

I suppose we all have different views. I detest "queer".
Awww, this is really interesting. I've admitted further up that I had no idea what the word ponce meant and after seeing the description I would never use it. It's interesting how language evolves as well. Like certain words are ok when used by a certain group of people (usually marginalised who use the word to take back power). I'm not gay but love the word queer. I think it is used in quite a modern context even though I used to hear my Dad use it back in the day. Can I ask why you don't like it?

Where I grew up, the word faggot was an aggressive insult. I would never, ever say it.

Blurp

VIP Member
In the area of Norfolk where Rose and her husband live it’s an open secret about her and William - nothing particularly discreet about the whole affair in that part of the countryside.
Prince Phillip is said to have an illegitimate daughter living on the Sandringham Estate up here too - I’ve never seen her but those that have seen the woman says she is his double. Another Norfolk ‘secret’!
Isn't he supposed to have one in Australia? From about the time he and Liz weren't getting on, before Andrew's birth 😉

Restless Native

VIP Member
My mum mentioned reading about this. Apparently he was producing the show and planning on having another host but ended up doing it himself because lockdown meant his restaurants were shut etc.
Apparently he's lost alot of money through lockdown

BigMavis

VIP Member
Yes, if all the members of the RF who had gone romantically/sexually AWOL on their spouses were done for treason you’d need a prison bigger than Windsor Castle.

They’re not know for fidelity are they.
Well, since they now get to choose their own spouse, hopefully those days are over.