Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a post about somebody who said their friend applied to be a beard. Am I allowed to share posts from other forums here? I'll copy and paste just to be safe:

"A long time ago (circa 2006), I went to visit my friend in NY who was roommates with a model at a big modeling agency. She told me that Leonardo DiCaprio was hooking up with the gay owner of the agency and all of his model girlfriends were contracted. Supposedly, she auditioned for one of the contracts. You were paid ~$1mil/year and could not be seen with any other men at all for that time. Had to travel with him, be photographed with him, etc. Not sure if it's true, but it's always stuck with me, and I've noticed that he only ever dates models for only about a year so it kinda rings true."

I never said it was criminal, I just don't like how the industry does that to it's stars. I personally think it's wrong because it's what they are told they have to do. If somebody wants to stay in the closet for their own personal resons that's their decision and nothing wrong with that.
Yes I agree - not criminal and we aren't gay-hating. It is simply the image created of these blokes being female hearthrobs and that they go along with it. This went on from the earliest days of Hollywood. I can't believe 100 years has made no difference.

Reactions: 8
Yes I agree - not criminal and we aren't gay-hating. It is simply the image created of these blokes being female hearthrobs and that they go along with it. This went on from the earliest days of Hollywood. I can't believe 100 years has made no difference.
Rock Hudson was a famous one, with the truth only emerging when he died of AIDS in 1985.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Right. It is them who are gay hating by forcing their stars to beard and stay closeted. I do not blame the actors in the slightest because they have a career to defend. Coming out is a very personal thing and everyone has a right to do it, or not, in any way they wish. But to be forced into it is a different matter. It's quite sad in this day and age that it's still such a taboo thing in Hollywood. All this progressiveness and their stars have to be seen to be heterosexual.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Louis Walsh is just private and doesn’t talk about his personal life. Simon desperately wants us to think he’s this hetero stud when he’s obviously anything but.

Reactions: 17
I am not talking about his choice, I think you misread me. I am talking about his acts and how they have to be closeted. I disagree with any execs who do that, and there are alot of them, not just Cowell.
Remember after the rumours came about Danyl (a teacher) sleeping with Lloyd (a 16 year old boy) who were both contestants and Simon’s creepy grinning insistence “you really enjoyed that, didn’t you?” to Lloyd after he performed with a load of female dancers. It was creepy at the time.

I think both contestants have come out now.

just went to see if I could find a clip of the above but maybe I got mixed up with the contestants but the first result was this from a few months back about how Lloyd “wasn’t allowed” to come out on the X factor:

Reactions: 2
I find it strange that there is still so much homophobia around. These people, for the main part, are actors. They are acting the part of another person. So why can't a gay man act the part of a womanising heterosexual man, or a lesbian act the part of a loving girlfriend to a man? Why are same sex relationships still hidden? My daughter is gay, my niece is gay, my best friend is gay. No-one gives them a second glance in the real world. Then again, none of them are Hollywood stars or members of a pop group.

Reactions: 29
Remember after the rumours came about Danyl (a teacher) sleeping with Lloyd (a 16 year old boy) who were both contestants and Simon’s creepy grinning insistence “you really enjoyed that, didn’t you?” to Lloyd after he performed with a load of female dancers. It was creepy at the time.

I think both contestants have come out now.

just went to see if I could find a clip of the above but maybe I got mixed up with the contestants but the first result was this from a few months back about how Lloyd “wasn’t allowed” to come out on the X factor:

I forgot about Danyl and Lloyd, I remember the story at the time, and Cowell's creepy comment. Thanks for the link, I am happy they can be open now. It also talks about how Rylan, who was already out, was cast as a gay stereotype.

I find it strange that there is still so much homophobia around. These people, for the main part, are actors. They are acting the part of another person. So why can't a gay man act the part of a womanising heterosexual man, or a lesbian act the part of a loving girlfriend to a man? Why are same sex relationships still hidden? My daughter is gay, my niece is gay, my best friend is gay. No-one gives them a second glance in the real world. Then again, none of them are Hollywood stars or members of a pop group.
I agree and good point. They think the audience is attached to a fantasy and it would ruin a star's bankability if they came out. They clearly have little faith in today's audience. Every aspect of Hollywood is fantasy; we don't know any of the actors, only what PR tell us. I know I have no chance with any actor I find attractive, even if they are straight, as much as if there is a lesbian/bi female star I think is beautiful is not going to be attracted to me just because I am female.

Reactions: 2
You don’t think it’s wrong to force people to lie about their sexuality?
I was talking about someone personally choosing not to reveal they were gay, like Simon Cowell allegedly, who the poster I responded to in that reply was speaking of.

Nothing criminal or wrong in that, unless we are talking about illegal or immoral acts.
I think it is wrong to force someone to deny their sexuality ( if that's what hes doing) although the fake girlfriends all go into it with open eyes I think, and straight celebs do it too for publicity. It's how Chris Hemsworth met his wife.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This is what I replied to.

I read 'he' and 'his' as referring to Cowell, so his choice about himself.
If I was talking about Cowell I would have said I disagree with him being closeted. I clearly said I find it revolting that he expects his acts i.e the people he signs to his label, or X factor contestants, to be closeted. I can see you misread me and I have since then explained it a few times. I hope it is clear now.

Reactions: 1
I am not talking about his choice, I think you misread me. I am talking about his acts and how they have to be closeted. I disagree with any execs who do that, and there are alot of them, not just Cowell.
I misunderstood you! I've realised that, when you said his 'acts,' you mean the performers appearing on his shows. I thought by 'acts' you were talking about his private sexual acts as a gay man! I think that's cleared it up now!:)

Reactions: 5
I misunderstood you! When you said his 'acts,' you mean the performers appearing on his shows. I thought by 'acts' you were talking about his private sexual acts as a gay man! I think that's cleared it up now!:)
lol. Oh, you meant his own ACTS. It seems I misunderstood your interpretation. lol. All good. :)

I think a lot of it is Hollywood studios being terrified of losing money, so they dont go out on a limb in any way. They are scared of losing money in the Far East for example, although films with gay characters still get released in China.
I think a lot of studios use it as an excuse rather than being brave and standing up to homophobia in the industry.
I also think a lot of it is fanfiction and wishful thinking though. Most actors for example have had gay rumours about them, yet in the general population, approximately 10-15% of people are gay, which is probably the case with celebs too.

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure I believe the rumours about George being gay. I just don’t understand why Amal would be interested in being his beard. She’s a highly intelligent, successful professional who happens to also be beautiful. She doesn’t seem to crave fame like some spouses of other A listers. What does she get out of marrying George if it wasn’t for love? Surely she could have children and a more than comfortable life with someone else? 🤔

Reactions: 16
While we’re on the topic of X Factor (sorry if you’re sick of hearing about it ha!) isn’t Louis Walsh rumoured to be gay?
Apparently it's well known around his home town. People say he doesn't want his mum to know. But he is very private so people might just be making up stuff to suit themselves

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.