Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a story a few weeks ago that at one point during her daytime chat show, not a single person was tuned in watching.
I have watched it a few times and it is OK - she has 4 or 5 people doing it with her so not just her carrying the show like it was when it was from her home during the first lockdown.

Reactions: 6
Can actually second this, one of my children managed a store very near Olly's house, he use to come in & wander round all nose in the air, one day my son was going about his work & said 'excuse me' to mr murrs ( he wanted to get buy to assist a member of staff) Olly huffed & said oh I can't do autographs, can't you see I'm trying to shop. My son said why would I want your autograph, I'm just trying to get past- but I will take your g/f number if she wants. & Carried on walking.
He actually had no idea who he was untill a colleague told him. Says Olly has the most massive mole on his nose ever!!!

I can third this!! I was in Chelmsford Nandos and he was acting like an absolute prick. Pretending not to hear when someone asked for an autograph. I think he brought dinner for the whole table of about 7/8 too. I think he had a black card though. Not 100% sure.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else sometimes see a celeb and not realise who it is at first, as in that they are even famous? I’ve done it loads and I’ll just be there racking my brains for where I know this person from in my life. Happened with this girl behind me in the top shop Oxford st queue once and I was trying not to stare as I figured it out.. school? A past job? Only when she spoke I realised it was ruby from eastenders loool ( that gravel voice) this was like 2007 mind
Yep, was about to say hello to a guy I recognised in the Custard Factory in Birmingham, thinking it was someone I vaguely knew. Luckily, milliseconds before opening my mouth and making a part of myself I realised it was Joe Lycett and not anyone I knew...

Someone I know went on a coach holiday in the 90s to Euro Disney with their family. They were in a queue for a ride she spotted someone she recognised, thought she knew them from the coach. She started chatting away for ages asking how they were enjoying the trip etc etc. As soon as they got off the ride the her husband is like “erm, you do know who that was you were talking to?” Turns out it was a famous footballer with his family and not someone on their coach trip from Brum! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not recent gossip but I was reminded about it today and thought it would be a nice share. (Also, he’ll be on tv soon because... Christmas.)
Eric Morcambe lived on the same road as us. Well, actually, he passed away before I was born but my parents remember him well.
My dad said he was absolutely charming, always happy to stop and chat, always involved in local events and always absolutely bonkers!
His wife still lives in the same house and is lovely. The house got broken into a few years ago while she was honouring Eric at some event. Very sad.
My dad said on the day of his funeral the whole town (which is very small) was full of celebrities.
Strangely enough, Harry from Mcfly got married in the same church as Izzy is also from here.

They have to be small to fit into our tellies. :cool:
I saw Richard Osman once and he is truly a giant! I actually gasped!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not recent gossip but I was reminded about it today and thought it would be a nice share. (Also, he’ll be on tv soon because... Christmas.)
Eric Morcambe lived on the same road as us. Well, actually, he passed away before I was born but my parents remember him well.
My dad said he was absolutely charming, always happy to stop and chat, always involved in local events and always absolutely bonkers!
His wife still lives in the same house and is lovely. The house got broken into a few years ago while she was honouring Eric at some event. Very sad.
My dad said on the day of his funeral the whole town (which is very small) was full of celebrities.
Strangely enough, Harry from Mcfly got married in the same church as Izzy is also from here.

I saw Richard Osman once and he is truly a giant! I actually gasped!
Ernie Wise lived in a house on the river near me. People used to wave to him when they went past on their boats, he would (jokingly) be grumpy at being disturbed from reading his newspaper .

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I read once that even very z-list actors get at least 10k per week for appearing in panto. Very lucrative!
About Panto salaries...
Coleen Nolan got £200k!
I saw Stacey Solomon in panto a few years back and my Nan thought she was drunk! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Was rita ora in the voice ? I seen an ad tonight introducing the singer Ann Marie as a new judge

Reactions: 2
Yes I totally know what you mean! I’ve seen Amanda Holden a couple of times in Tesco and at first I thought she was someone I knew then realised who she was.

My husband went on a ride in Florida and was sitting next to Tom Daley. He thought at first that Tom was someone he knew from our home town, as we always seem to see people we know from home wherever we go. Then he realised who he was! Tom is tiny; very slim and probably under 5ft 6 in height.
I was so shocked to see how short Simon was. I saw him in Barbados walking along the beach with his 2 dogs outside his sandy lane property. He was really friendly, speaking to everyone and letting everyone take pictures. On that same day we saw mark Wahlberg who was even smaller than simon 😦

You will be aware then, that everybody knows each other in Vegas! And lots are big families all related! So highly likely I will know your friends too! Kym lives in penketh.. has done for about 2years... I've never yet bumped into her... n us pies generally sniff out our own! 😂😂😂
No Ash Vegas for me, just outside Wigan. Kym used to live in grappenhall years ago and penketh is a random place for her to live 🥧🥧🥧

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
With celebs I completely get they must have bad days and have days where they don’t want to get noticed. But a lot of celebs manage that and are very private! I think they have chosen a job where they are in the limelight and want to reap the benefits of it even something like olly murs having a black nandos card! I think that means he gets it free and he wouldn’t do that without fans, imagine if no one wanted his pic that would be worrying. Like I said we all have bad days but it’s their job, I can’t go in to work when I’m having a bad day and just decide I won’t be speaking to customers that day!

I’m sure it was Gary Barlow recently joking on graham Norton to say since the masks he’s been able to go in to his local aldi as no one recognises him now lol

And also my comments are more aimed at someone like olly murs, within the space of a day, three people have already said about bad encounters they’ve had with him - that’s a lot considering there’s probably loads more who don’t use tattle/ haven’t seen this thread!

Reactions: 23
I agree. Politicians babies dont need have their faces plastered all over the place in order to humanize their parents ( although that didnt work when Jacob Rees Mogg paraded his weird mini me children during the election!

I read on here I think that Henry had an std from all his shagging around, which was why so many of his babies died. The Boleyns were dreadful people, just offering up their girls to the Royals for their own advancement. Even after Anne was murdered they put 19 year old Kathryn Howard in his way, but the Spencers did the same with their daughters how many hundreds of years later. The aristocracy live to pass their children around to advance and cement their social status. The only difference between them and the Middletons is that the Middletons are middle class pretenders trying to infiltrate the aristos and playing them at their own game.
The modern day equivalent the Khadashians? The momager, or whatever she calls herself was pimped out to older rich men, you can see where she got her moral code from. sad.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I was so shocked to see how short Simon was. I saw him in Barbados walking along the beach with his 2 dogs outside his sandy lane property. He was really friendly, speaking to everyone and letting everyone take pictures. On that same day we saw mark Wahlberg who was even smaller than simon 😦

No Ash Vegas for me, just outside Wigan. Kym used to live in grappenhall years ago and penketh is a random place for her to live 🥧🥧🥧
It could be worse... fingerpost could have been up there with the choices.....but I’m surprised not Rainhill though 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
New to this thread but thinking about the few times I stayed at Lowry hotel Manchester. (Always celeb heavy!) first time was the only time X factor final filmed outside of London.
Met Tuilsa and she was tiny but friendly enough,
Louis Walsh was lovely and chatted for ages (had huge carrier bags from Gucci!)
Caroline Flack wasn’t allowed into party area as the security guard didn’t know who she was, she had to call over Gary Barlow to be allowed in!
following morning got stuck in a lift with Howard from Take That, were in it so long he said Merry Christmas when he got out!
only realised after we left the reason we were stuck was not allowed to a certain floor as the whole Manchester United team were having a meeting there.
stayed twice since and saw Mel B, rudest person ever. I was behind desk as allowed to use computer to print off a ticket I needed and she walked in demanding a suite with 2 bedrooms and walked to lift leaving luggage.
and finally I saw Jason Donovan. Looked messy and car was a tip, said hello and friendly but looked like he wanted us to ask for autograph.
For a small country girl this was all some serious excitement!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I worked in a nightclub about 10 years ago, just at the start of TOWIE and MiC. We had loads of those people coming to do PA’s. All very sweet and nice, although this was at the start of their ‘career’.
We had JLS come once to do a meet and greet and Marvin did a DJ set. I was super excited about this as I loved them - so disappointed. When they arrived, we were told not to speak to them as they’d just had a long journey and were tired. They were so grumpy and really didn’t want to be there but polite (and to be fair, the nicest out of them was Marvin who made more of an effort to speak to people) However, their bodyguard was Graham Quinn formerly Mr Mylenne Klass and he was an absolute asshole. So rude, and very heavy handed with the women. Everyone commented on what a horrible man he was.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.