Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reverend

VIP Member
They have no power of entry.
They have no power of seizure.
They have no power of arrest.

All they have is the power to prosecute... privately. Everyone has that power! :LOL:
If they don't have the power to rescue animals in danger, they certainly give that impression on their TV adverts, and the begging letters that I have had recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

torontoon

Chatty Member
Yes it was confirmed as him

PS are we not talking about Ellen Page transitioning to male?
I assumed we'd already talked about it and I just missed it. I think it's fantastic news that Elliot has felt ready to come out at this point, and hope it gives courage to others dealing with anything similar. It must have been such an awful burden to carry.

• Heart

HubIreLovesMnD

I dunno if this is allowed here but has anyone picked up on Michael Gove and Sarah Vines daughter on TikTok?

She is beautiful considering her lineage (sorry) but totally wild in that way that the kids of the rich and privileged seem to be able to get away with (see also Jamie Oliver’s daughter on TikTok)

She’s always moaning about her dad on TikTok including saying he doesn’t speak to her. She’s quite open with her references to drugs (normal for a teenager but quite funny considering her father is such a square...) she posted about how all the teachers hated her at school because of her dads education reforms - I think her parents sent her to state school which is pretty much a recipe for bullying. Definitely worth a follow for a novelty factor... she deletes a lot, probably when her parents tell her to

I don't know much about her, but Michael Gove is a fucking weasel

• Haha

fluffyglitterbug

VIP Member
I vaguely remember this on TV, ouch!

This is a true story - I woke up one day and there was a HORSE tied up outside my house to a lamp-post. At first I thought I was dreaming but nope, actual horse. I rang the RSPCA and they said ‘it’s not illegal to tether a horse’. Yeah but surely not on a street with cars going past?! Ended up phoning the police in the end because the RSPCA just refused to do anything.
The wonderful charity that also refused to come out to move two horses that had been tethered to the ground on a flood plain with rapidly rising water levels...

You can imagine my response when they called a week later to ask if I’d consider donating a small amount each month to them.

(We managed to get the horses removed and into the care of people better suited to them)

• Wow
  • Sad

Sothernsoftie

Anyone got any goss on James Martin?
Yeah he's an absolute prick!
I sort of worked with him a few years ago, by sort of he came to our teaching college to host an event. I was working a few jobs as well as attending college and turned up later in the day. I spoke to one of the tutors who told me he had been unbelievably rude to the students, not interested in the pre planned Q&A and spent most of his time playing video games with the head chef from the visiting hotel. It was an event, people paid for tables wanting to see him and he couldn't care less! Didn't lift a finger to help prep or cook, just barked. Think Gordan Ramsey in Hell's kitchen with 16 year olds.
As I walk into the kitchen, he's pacing at the pass, bumps into me with enough force to make me stumble (didn't hurt much but he wouldn't have missed that he made contact) I look up at him (he's tall, I'm short) to apologise and he doesn't acknowledge me, doesn't even stop, as if I wasn't there at all. I think that annoyed me more than if he were to have had a go at me. Completely ignoring me, we were the only 2 people in the area, it wasn't noisy. He's rude to everyone, belittled the students in the kitchen, I was so happy I was front of house. The students cooked his menu but he criticises everything they've done, and gets them to make it again. He had planned some really poncy shite too, think quails scotch eggs with a soft yolk!
The worst part in my opinion, was when he came out towards the end of the evening to have a chat with the guests. As he walked through the door, you could see his stage persona come out almost instantly. It was so weird and hypocritical. He's laughing and joking, great showman and story teller, saying how well the students in the kitchen have done, how amazing the day has been, blah blah. Everyone is lapping it up. He walks back in, straight back to playing video games, not helping to finish service or clear down. Doesn't care about being there, like the whole day was an inconvenience for him.

We had a few chefs come over. Cyrus Todiwala was the best, Raymond Blanc was creepy and arrogant.

• Angry

Reverend

VIP Member
I think she still has implants now. They’re just smaller ones. Anything was an improvement from the other implants they she had.
I remember her denying she had ever had any! The fact they looked like a couple of beach balls stuck to a barbers pole didn't really make people believe her.

• Haha

Emmadale

VIP Member
I think my other half is looking at me weirdly today. Last thing I said to him last night was have you seen the Lorraine Kelly nudes, do you want me to show you? 😂

He said no

• Haha

LaraQ

VIP Member
Read a review of a show Corden is in. There is the most succinct phrase that sums up Corden in my opinion.

" Corden’s aggressively charmless performance would be seen as a disaster in its own right but it’s his regressive and clumsy attempts to try and camp it up that edge it into something far more heinous. "

Aggressively charmless - two words that sum up Corden's whole persona.

Speaking of James Corden,this reminded me of a very convincing post on another site a few years ago by a guy who said he used to have sex with him back in the day.I've heard other rumours he's into men,so you'd think he'd be able to play a gay guy more convincingly.Another guy on the same site said he had sex with Phillip Schofield,this was about 4-5 years ago.

• Wow

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Minx was a poor imitation of more! if I remember correctly. I used to buy all the magazines, no matter how shit. Thank fk for the internet and me stopping that awful habit.

To be fair I did bin Cosmo years before the rest after it ran an article on how to apply makeup at bedtime so that you still looked pretty for your man in the morning.
Same! Cosmo was misogyny disguised as intelligent feminism, Company was marginally better and I was also disappointed at Glamour when it launched, 2001 but belonged in 1981. Actually make that 1961, 80s women were progressive! I remember buying all these mags as a teen and my parents flipping through them and commenting ‘you’ve just paid for a brochure of ads and more ads described as product recommendations’.

Sketchy

VIP Member
I bet there's a clip of it on YouTube.

EDIT: here it is.

I remember it well and was horrified at Sharon Osbourne's outburst that night. Nasty nasty nasty. But Simon Cowell should have defended Steve Brookstein more and jumped right back at her with something like 'Sharon, those remarks were shockingly unkind, uncalled for, and unprofessional. And because of what you've just said, your services will no longer be required on this programme - now make yourself scarce ... you foul-mouthed, over-rated, baby-voiced, common piece of shit'. That's what he should've said. :mad:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

50sGirl

VIP Member
Somewhere buried deep in my memory is the bo selecta segment with the Lorraine Kelly character constantly saying “do you want to see my growler?” In a thick Scottish accent. Was Leigh Francis trying to warn us all those years ago? 🤣🤮

• Haha
  • Wow

Reverend

VIP Member
Yes, that was it. As I say, I always admired her and her attitude to life.

Ah, thank you so much. I think 2019 was the worst year of my life. I had ten bereavements (including my mum) and attended five funerals.

At the end of November I started cracking up. I didn't even realise it was happening. It proper crept up on me and bit me on the arse, I'd never felt so out of control. I couldn't, eat, couldn't sleep, crying all the time, stopped taking care of myself, couldn't face people in person, or via messages and sometimes couldn't even leave the house.

Then just after Christmas, one of my best mates took his own life. I was hoping to see him at a gig the night it happened but was struggling and said I couldn't face the crowd and that I'd catch up with him just the two of us the next week.

When he died, it tipped me completely over the edge. Really dark times. I wouldn't wish a breakdown, or depression on anyone. Especially as there's so little help out there.

My counsellor through work was fantastic and I'm better now. Although I've been feeling wobbly recently, time of year etc.
I lost my dad, my mum and girlfriend were seriously ill, several of my friends left our employer and there was a big (huge!) re-organisation at work all in 6 months. I was fine until november (this was when everything had settled work wise, my mum and gf were much better), then I absolutely crumbled. I started hearing voices, believing the people walking outside my flat were spying on me, starving myself etc. and I nearly ended up in the local mental health unit. Looking back now I can see where it started going on, and at least from that I have warning signs.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Top Tips!!! That’s what it was called!😂😂😂 The pictures were bloody hilarious. Will take a look 👀
*Top tip
Convince your fella that he's followed through by placing a chocolate button in between his azz cheeks when he's sleeping* 😂

• Haha

PinkFigs

VIP Member
Gary Lucy did one of those 'meet and greets' at a local nightclub here when it first opened. It was when he was in The Bill (2008)

He was awful!!!!! A lot of women reported on the facebook page of the club that he'd refused to have pics with them because he'd called them ugly - he refused autographs unless he thought the girl was worth his time. Called a girl who was stood with her friend a fat see-you-next-Tuesday because he'd thought she was about to approach him and didn't want to speak to her.

He was engaged with a kid at the time! (and went on to have another three and marry the same woman)
What a horrible man! It's hardly like he's some kind of of gorgeous A-Lister is it? An average looking bloke with a womens name as a surname who appeared many years ago in a couple of mediocre TV shows.

• Haha

Clickbait

VIP Member
I went to school with someone who is now a minor-celebrity but a few years ago was one of the people signed up to or independently promoting an anti-bullying campaign. He relentlessly bullied my brother at school and used to pull out his pubic hair and flick them at him in the classroom. He also had a nickname for his creepy/sleazy ways around girls. It made my blood boil that he’d seemingly forgotten that side to his character.

How much do you think people forget about their teenage years? Is this a case of growing up and forgetting the misdemeanours or wanting to brush it under the carpet to appear squeaky clean?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I was at school with a minor celebrity who has also banged the anti-bullying drum. Back in the day she not only treated the other pupils badly but also locked a teacher in a cupboard.

• Wow