Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
That's so unnecessary. It's fairly widely known that deadnaming anybody is disrespectful, and even if it's not, @Rosalind96 said please. There's enough salacious gossip to talk about without messing with someone's preferred identity.
I agree there’s more than enough gossip to talk about, but I don’t think it is a widely known term. I only heard of it two days ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 28

Zanzi202

Vogue Williams, I find her incredibly fake and irritating... anyone got any tea on her? Social climber springs to mind

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Aww. I didn't know that. I did wonder why he and his younger wife didn't have kids. Bless them.

Ha I loved More! Wasn't that the one that featured a sex position in every issue?

I never got into glossy fashion msfs, I went straight onto what I call Granny Mags. Take a Break and That's Life! (No judgement!) 🙈
Same, I loved the stories in Take a Break where Marjorie, 71 from Stockport would cop off with 21 year old Turkish barmen. Found them weirdly more relatable than beanpole models with expensive clothes.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There’s a thread on Mumsnet at the moment discussing Britney and her weird behaviour on Instagram, so I went and had a look and OMFG. I knew she wasn’t well, but there is something seriously not right there. It feels very wrong and is actually quite unsettling to look at. Does her Dad still have power of attourney? Both of her parents have a lot to answer for. Her awful pushy mother who lived her dreams through Britney and her sister, and her dead beat Dad who sees her as a cash cow. No way would I trust a man with a history of failed businesses and bankruptcy to look after her money properly.

• Sad

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I must admit I had only read the gossip collums and then recently listened to the James English Podcast with her and totally changed my mind on my views :( she had been abused and was left to her own devices at such a young age. Well worth a listen or a watch on youtube if you get chance
Small amount of tea on Danniella. In my 20s I worked at Argos head office. Three times a year office staff are expected to work a half day, or a day in one of the stores. At cat launch (when the new catalogue came out twice a year) and near Christmas.

I used to go to the Borehamwood branch as my nan lived in Borehamwood, so I could get my fuel paid and go see my nan after.

Anyway, as the store was next to Elstree studios, you'd see people who were performing on Top of the Pops, in EastEnders etc.

I served Danniella one day, she came across as a lovely person. She was tiny and I remember she looked a lot older than her years close up, which made me sad that she'd lost her good looks so young from being ravaged by drugs.

Leslie Grantham also came in and bought some Elizabeth Duke jewellery.

That's all I've got!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
To be even handed, as I slagged the RSPCA off earlier, I should mention a positive experience. A few years ago our dog chased a squirrel into our kitchen, where it capered madly around the room, shitting profusely and then went behind a radiator and froze. Because of the position of the radiator we couldn't poke it out and it stayed stock still for hours. So we called the RSPCA for advice, they came out with a special pokey-thing and told us to wait outside. The guy gave it a good prod and it shot out of the door at the speed of light.

He had a cage with him as he was supposed to catch and kill it, as a 'pest'. But he said he didn't join the RSPCA to kill animals so he'd deliberately let it go. My kind of RSPCA inspector.

Anyway, sorry, last RSPCA story from me. Back to Lorraine's growler:ROFLMAO:

There's a joke, there. surely

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
I served Dawn when I was a waitress in the 90s. She was moody and rude and gave off a really unpleasant vide. She did scoff a big main and then a huge apple crumble with cream for desert which I remember thinking was a lot for a mid-week lunch.
She had also hired out a room in the restaurant to flog clothes for really fat birds and not one person showed up. Felt really bad for her then.

• Haha
  • Wow

lamaitresse

VIP Member
The trouble is the acceptable and correct terms change so rapidly so often a previously acceptable way to address someone is then deemed insulting. And I used to frequent gay clubs and Gay Pride but over the years the atmosphere changed so much there was often an unpleasant undercurrent especially towards straight people. Such a shame
I'd agree with that too. It's getting so complicated nowadays (the "Q" in LBGTQ was an insult not so long ago - maybe the word has been reclaimed? - and even I'm not 100% sure what that term covers).

Pansexual and all the different colours of sexuality are interesting, but we really do need simplicity - the rules and the definitions seem to be constantly changing. I bet even older gay men and women struggle with some of the terms and inadvertently "insult" some peers.

All I can advise is to be friendly and keep an open mind and hope that others respond the same. Surely we all want to be liked and accepted, but I can't deal with people who have their antenna on 24/7 looking to argue or be offended.

I did used to get "you're straight, what are you doing here?" (er, I'm out having fun with my friends?) but I'd imagine that will always happen. If you said you were bisexual it was kinda difficult to be accepted by some as you weren't "picking a team", which is just stupid.

Just try to get along, haha. Life is already hard, let's not make it tougher.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I can’t see if someone else has posted this (sorry if you have) but I see Katie Price has yet another puppy. Why don’t the RSPCA look into the dogs that have died in her “care”?

The RSPCA aren't the charity they used to be. They are useless and only care about making money. Not animals.

• Sad
  • Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
Anyone got any goss on James Martin?
I’d totally forgotten this until you asked. Years ago I worked at a conference centre that had a motor museum attached to it. He was there doing some promo work and apparently said to one of the young receptionists that he’d meet her in the museum later on and have her over one of the car bonnets. Always thought he was a sleaze ever since!

• Sick
  • Wow

Eirawen

VIP Member
I actually quite like Rita but was it really too hard for her to have a zoom birthday this year? I bloody did and so did most of us. She can probably afford (or has the contacts to hire) some kind of hologram technology if she needs 3d!
I think she is a selfish bitch to do this,it's bastards like her who are keeping Covid going.

Reactions: 26

HockyRorror

VIP Member
There’s a thread on Mumsnet at the moment discussing Britney and her weird behaviour on Instagram, so I went and had a look and OMFG. I knew she wasn’t well, but there is something seriously not right there. It feels very wrong and is actually quite unsettling to look at. Does her Dad still have power of attourney? Both of her parents have a lot to answer for. Her awful pushy mother who lived her dreams through Britney and her sister, and her dead beat Dad who sees her as a cash cow. No way would I trust a man with a history of failed businesses and bankruptcy to look after her money properly.
She’s still under a conservatorship, I believe. SHE had to pay her OWN FATHER’S legal fees in which he went to court to testify against her request to be freed from it. The Britney saga story is a sad one, I follow it because I’m worried but it makes very sad reading. She’s back in court in about two weeks but I don’t know if a decision will be made on that date

• Sad
  • Wow

Pixie06

VIP Member
What even is Brand Beckham? Everyone just laughs at them. Long past their sell by date!

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
In the wake of Barbara Windsor dying, I've quite forgotten to mention my mother and stepfather met her on a flight to Las Vegas, some years ago before her dementia was on the horizon. There weren't many people on the flight and she chatted to them and was really friendly.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I remember the Carry on films and On the Buses really fondly but saw some recently and they don't age well at all. Sid James and Bernard Breslaw look like creepy pensioners. On the Buses is worse - outright misogyny.
Holiday on The Buses is one of my guilty pleasure films. It was filmed in Pontins in Prestatyn. But yes, the two blokes in would be classed as dirty old perverts now, and they were both so fucking ugly as well. I can’t believe all that ‘crumpet’ would have touched them with a barge pole.

• Haha

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
I heard Joe Wicks on Desert Island Discs and he cried when talking about his dad being a drug addict, it was very moving.
But it was cringe when he said he married ‘his favourite page 3 girl’.

• Sick
  • Wow
I'd agree with that too. It's getting so complicated nowadays (the "Q" in LBGTQ was an insult not so long ago - maybe the word has been reclaimed? - and even I'm not 100% sure what that term covers).

Pansexual and all the different colours of sexuality are interesting, but we really do need simplicity - the rules and the definitions seem to be constantly changing. I bet even older gay men and women struggle with some of the terms and inadvertently "insult" some peers.

All I can advise is to be friendly and keep an open mind and hope that others respond the same. Surely we all want to be liked and accepted, but I can't deal with people who have their antenna on 24/7 looking to argue or be offended.

I did used to get "you're straight, what are you doing here?" (er, I'm out having fun with my friends?) but I'd imagine that will always happen. If you said you were bisexual it was kinda difficult to be accepted by some as you weren't "picking a team", which is just stupid.

Just try to get along, haha. Life is already hard, let's not make it tougher.
I am missing the time when this thread was all “shit dildos” and Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall allegedly jizzing in girls hair while they’re asleep.
Live and let live (I work in inclusion)

• Heart

HubIreLovesMnD

Hes after rewriting the lyrics to Fairytale Of New York. It's an absolute travesty. Leave the classics alone ffs .
Ah Bon Jovi, you were so perfect, no need to put a blemish on your legacy.

Another thing that grinds my gears: DJs who make a big thing of not playing Fairytale of New York. Virtue signaling at its worst

• Heart