Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shep

So Andrea Mclean is starting a MH support website for women charging £40 a month for membership as its her ‘vocation’. If she truly wants to help women she should not be charging. She earns enough money not to have to charge.
‘Is poverty affecting your mental health? Come and give me what little money you have and I’ll talk inane virtue signalling bollocks to you for £40 a month’

Maybe I should get a job in advertising

• Haha
Reactions: 47

NightCircus

Just saw the story about Rita Ora having gone to Egypt right before her illegal birthday party and I really hope she loses any upcoming work for a while. She does not deserve good fortune after what she's done and her pathetic apologies.

I wonder though how her mum can support her. I'd be heartbroken if I worked for the NHS and my more than old enough to know better daughter did that.

Reactions: 46
Myleen Klass was the ultimate first woman ever to have a baby. She even wrote a book at the time telling the rest of us how to do it. Instant promotion to top of my punch list.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

HubIreLovesMnD

From everything I have heard, Jon Bon Jovi is an absolute gent.

Guy I used work with had a part time job in the RDS in Dublin, setting up for concerts. One time he is setting up Bon Jovi's backstage area and is putting in a keg of Guinness, as was requested. Who walks in only the man himself. My man says "don't mind me. I'll be out of your way in a minute". Bon Jovi asks is the keg set up and my man replies that it is, and they can work away. Bon Jovi says "OK, pull up a chair, let's have a pint together". So my man pulls them both pints of Guinness and they chat for 20 minutes while they enjoy their pints.

Another person I know who worked as a waiter said that the entire band were eating in the restaurant and they couldn't have been nicer and humble and that they gave a great tip.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I see the inquest for Parys Lapper's death has been reported.

How utterly heartbreaking for Alison. Especially as some of Parys' mental health struggles have been attributed to being bullied at school over her disabilities. And she's right, mental health services are severely lacking.

Trigger warning. I've lost three people to suicide in the last two years, all men, all under 45. I, myself, also had a mental breakdown last year and was referred for counselling by my GP (I couldn't afford £50 a week to go private) and the waiting list was nine months long!! Luckily my employer provided me with counselling.

I really wish the government would dig deeper for mental health funding. I think the nation's mental health will reach a breaking point soon, so many people are affected by the impact of Covid.

Sorry to rant a little there. I've always admired Alison Lapper and for her to not only have lost her child, but her only child, that she overcame so much to have... It's just tragic. Poor woman.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The RSPCA are useless. I hate how they use chuggers to try and raise money, the ones who knock on your door are far more aggressive than any other charity. I’d sooner give my money to local shelters.

What did you want them to do? They're a charity, not the police! They have no legal authority.
What do I expect them to do? Spend the millions donated to them on actually helping animals in need maybe?

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Pinkblush

VIP Member
I won an art competion when I was at school and the prize was a tour of the bbc studios in white city which was a few miles up the road from my school. I was allowed to choose a classmate to come with me. We met a few famous faces that were there on the day.
Friendly:
Shane ritchie
Pat sharp
Terry wogan
Toyah wilcox
Bernard manning
Chris tarrant
Caron keating
Pamela stephenson
Jim davidson

Unfriendly:
Cilla
Bruce forsthye
Angela rippon
Frankie Howard
Max bygraves
Sarah green
Rowan atkinson.

It was a case of the woman we were with stopping people as we were being shown around to introduce them. Bruce had a face like thunder and waved us away. Smiling assasin cilla said she didn't do unplanned intros.

The friendly column all stopped and had a chat with us and made us feel welcome.

The woman who handed us over to the the person showing us around said under no circumstances should we be left alone. We thought it was because we were from a rough school. We couldn't have known at the time that some of the most notorious celebrity paedophiles in the country were wondering the corridors of that building.

• Wow
  • Heart

Trolleydollycoffeelover

on Philip Green, how many shops/companies has he bought that went to the wall? and eemmmhhh has anything ever done well under him>
I used to love Topshop (worked in Topman for a bit before Philip bought it) and I fell out of love with the brand when it seemed to have this weird new Cool Britannia kind of image I couldn’t relate to, around the time Kate Moss was modelling in the window in Oxford St and the prices seemed to go up overnight. You’d see a nice blouse or dress in there, pick it up and it’d be completely backless. I think when Lipsy (a non Arcadia shop) came out on the high street, everyone went there instead of Topshop and Miss S as they had fab going out dresses. Topshop was amazing in the 90s, the store in Liverpool used to have a DJ in the window and there was a rivalry with C&A clockhouse next door and they got a DJ a few months later!

• Heart

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I imagine he realised that that’s who he is. His wife posted that she’s proud of him. Please don’t use his deadname, it’s disrespectful.
Do you give a similar admonishing to people in the JM threads every time someone calls her a cunt or any of the other frequent insults said about her? That’s disrespectful too, much more disrespectful than not calling someone by a new name they announced three days ago. Not sure why ‘deadnaming’ is seen as particularly the ultimate worst sin

Anyway, back to gossip: Luke Evans has given a recent interview stating that he never hid his sexuality and tried to go “back in the closet” when he started to make it big in Hollywood 😯 But... that is a blatant lie! I sometimes wonder whether celebs know how the internet works and things stay on there forever lol.

• Heart
  • Angry

Shep

Looks like it was a well planned activity, with the back door entry and the lock in. I wouldnt be surprised if they had had quite a few celeb parties on the quiet, and they wont have been the only ones. Why do famous people turn into arseholes?
Apparently she is trying to find out who spilled the beans. No remorse, just who ratted her out. That’s clearly the important thing. Not the risk of transmitting covid or sending out the wrong message. She is just sorry she was caught

• Angry
Reactions: 39

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Just want to chime in on the charity chat. Cancer Research UK are notorious for spending a pittance on actual research and paying the top dogs millions of pounds. I researched it once and it said that the CEO lived in a £6 million house. They earn something like £250,000 a year!

Makes you think that realistically why would they want to cure cancer when they're making so much money from it still being around. Really gets my back up. It's hard cause I want to tell people but so many people have been so badly effected by cancer in one way or another and doing race for life is such a lovely thing. It's a shame that people don't know what they're actually giving to and are probably in a round about way making it worse.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I hope you're doing well, I lurk mostly but did notice you hadn't been around. Breakups are something pretty much all of us can relate to and I'm sure there have been some pandemic-related breakups (not saying that's what yours was - more of an aside and statement on the word today, I guess). Welcome back and hope you're okay.
I’m fine, to be honest. I’m better off without them. I’ve gotten drunk, I have cried, I have fought with them, changed my hair and shopped so I think I’m moving on lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Alex Bellfield summed it up really well, in one of his Youtube videos a few days ago.
Oh crumbs, always avoid anyone calling themselves ‘the voice of reason’!

Whatever your opinion is on BLM, Dibley’s always been political. The lampooning of David as a Tory councillor, the protests against the damn that would have flooded Dibley, the Comic Relief stuff about supporting disaster relief in Africa, gay rights, etc. If it’s only bothering folk now, then maybe it’s because it’s BLM rather than other political issues?

Anyhoo, back to the gossip.

Anyone remember Dawn French on Graham Norton a few years ago? A member of the public doing the Big Red Chair segment was starting to talk about seeing Dawn in her garden (is it Cornwall where she writes, I forget?). Sounded very much like the member of the public was about to tell us what Dawn said to her and the suggestion was that it wasn’t going to be flattering. Just remember Dawn leaping for the lever and flipping the person in the chair. I seem to remember other gossip snippets which suggested she wasn’t particularly happy to be spoken to by the plebs....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I hate the way she keeps telling us what a dick Brian McFadden is.
Yes, most of us figured that out when he dumped his wife and kids, moved across the world to be with his hot new young girlfriend and subsequently slagged off the mother of his children to anyone who would listen.
You also knew all of this, yet you went on to publicly defend and marry him and now suddenly want everyone to feel sorry for you.
My sympathy actually lies with Kerry Katona on that one, not you.
Totally agree with you. He dumped his children on Kerry Katona, who was hardly stable at the time to bugger off to the other side of the world and reinvent himself as someone who didnt marry and have children with Kerry Katona. Peter Andre did the same and reinvented himself as someone who didnt marry Katie Price. But at least he still parents his kids.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Another person agreeing with how bad the RSPCA are. A few years ago we had a neighbour who kept two German Shepherds in a 'run' in his back garden that was about 10 feet x 2 feet. They barely had room to turn around in there. They barked morning, noon and night. Couldn't blame the animals, they were obviously frustrated and probably scared. He kept them purely for breeding purposes.
A few of us living nearby were talking about it and the poor man living next door to him attempted to talk to him (politely) about it. The owner of the dogs got very abusive with him, because he didn't like what he was hearing.

In the end my husband and I rang the RSPCA about the situation. They were absolutely useless and couldn't care less. They told us that because the dogs weren't being starved or beaten then they weren't being abused. This despite the fact that they were locked in a tiny run 24 hours a day and were never taken for a walk.

The neighbour moved out a few months later (he was renting the house and the man that owned it had been working abroad, I can only imagine what he came back too)

After that I would never donate another penny to the RSPCA. There's a local group near me that does amazing rescue work for animals, mostly the smaller ones eg: cats and dogs, but they have rescued donkeys too. They're all volunteers, they don't get paid a penny and they spend all their OWN money on food, shelter etc for the animals, in particular feral and semi feral cats. The try to catch them and get them all neutered in order to break the cycle, and one of the local vets is absolutely brilliant. She does all the neutering, vaccines etc for them for a very reduced fee. There's a local pet shop that donates food and little houses etc. They are a charity that genuinely care so much about animals, yet receive no funding.

Apologies for going off topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Somewhere buried deep in my memory is the bo selecta segment with the Lorraine Kelly character constantly saying “do you want to see my growler?” In a thick Scottish accent. Was Leigh Francis trying to warn us all those years ago? 🤣🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

LaraQ

VIP Member
That's fair - I know most posters here are based in the UK, and I'm not. It's relatively common where I live. Regardless (and I too dislike the name Karen thrown around as an insult, I don't agree with its usage), I think calling someone 'Jameela' as a response isn't okay.
You're right.Calling someone Jameela is probably the most offensive thing I could've said about anyone.

• Haha
  • Heart

Fishwife

Chatty Member
As Bon Jovi could not tour this year because of corona virus he has been working at his restaurant which he set up to feed the homeless doing menial jobs like unloading stores and washing up.

• Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
The things I have googled because of this thread 🙈 I could have happily gone my whole life without seeing Lorraine Kelly naked, I don't know why I looked 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 34