Secret Celeb Gossip #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

At 45 years old he's split from his 23 year old girlfriend less than a year after their child was born. He's as creepy in real life as the character he played on Big Bang Theory that intensively stalked a woman until he won her over, cheated on her and used to put her down all the time like when he made a comment about her weight when carrying Penny in to their home after getting married.
If it's possible to emanate "vibes" from (casual, not "at work") photographs, he's always struck me as seeming rather arrogant - the polar opposite to his character in Roseanne/The Big Bang Theory. There's definitely a creeper aura about him as well.

Reactions: 8
I think I’ve told this story here before but since odious little cnut Phillip Green is making the headlines...

My friend worked in the flagship Oxford Street Topshop. Phillip Green was visiting and kept his cigar lit inside, smoking it as he went. No ashtray so he had his PA follow him holding her cupped hands out to catch the ash.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I think I’ve told this story here before but since odious little cnut Phillip Green is making the headlines...

My friend worked in the flagship Oxford Street Topshop. Phillip Green was visiting and kept his cigar lit inside, smoking it as he went. No ashtray so he had his PA follow him holding her cupped hands out to catch the ash.
In a similar vein but not celeb related- I had a friend who worked for Arcadia as some kind of analyst for HR. It sounded awful working there. Some of it is your general office cut-throat, will stab you in the back to advance, kind of colleagues. But the higher up management sounded abysmal. Basically got paid the big bucks to be on holiday most of the time, sometimes expensing it out and getting a load of bonuses whilst the junior and lower levels of staff got very little, if anything. No doubt these directors will get a lovely redundancy package to tide them over whilst the rest suffer.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
In a similar vein but not celeb related- I had a friend who worked for Arcadia as some kind of analyst for HR. It sounded awful working there. Some of it is your general office cut-throat, will stab you in the back to advance, kind of colleagues. But the higher up management sounded abysmal. Basically got paid the big bucks to be on holiday most of the time, sometimes expensing it out and getting a load of bonuses whilst the junior and lower levels of staff got very little, if anything. No doubt these directors will get a lovely redundancy package to tide them over whilst the rest suffer.
Yep, sounds exactly right.

Reactions: 9

One of my friends worked for him at BHS. He was unhappy at the product layout so he picked up a bed linen set and threw it at my friend.

Before that incident her and another buyer flew out to Monaco with him, his wife and a couple of the Directors. The bleep had his belongings in a black rubbish bag. As he made his way down the plane steps the bag burst and his clothes, shoes etc were strewn all over the runway 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
So many of these 'amazing' businessmen are usually found to be nothing more than paper tigers. Branson has done nothing for many years, a lot of the business that have the word Virgin on them (Virgin Radio, Virgin Media, Virgin Money, etc.) are not owned or run by him. People have paid him for the use of the Virgin name, and nothing more.

Tony Blair had a businessman called George Simpson as an advisor. Simpson managed to bankrupt GEC Marconi which had been one of the shining lights of British industry. He also was a big fan of Fred Goodwin, Cameron got Green in, Harold Wilson had Kagan, Miller, Thatcher had Ernest Saunders and Jack Lyons etc.

Come to think of it, I'd be more suspicious of business people hanging around politicians than the other way round.......

• Heart
Reactions: 23
One of my friends worked for him at BHS. He was unhappy at the product layout so he picked up a bed linen set and threw it at my friend.

Before that incident her and another buyer flew out to Monaco with him, his wife and a couple of the Directors. The bleep had his belongings in a black rubbish bag. As he made his way down the plane steps the bag burst and his clothes, shoes etc were strewn all over the runway 😂
He seems to destroy every shop he buys! He bought Etam (the UK franchise, it’s still going in France) and ran that into the ground, the Sears Group (Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Warehouse, Wallis and Richards) and BHS. Richards was a lovely shop and used nice fabrics, was decent for middle aged women going on cruises etc and even the Miss Selfridge stores were lovely before, stuff washed well, the shop layout was plush then he seemed to move them to smaller locations as if he wanted to send them into decline. The Manchester and Liverpool stores had fab central locations then just got shoved in the basement of Topshop and as part of Outfit.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
He seems to destroy every shop he buys! He bought Etam (the UK franchise, it’s still going in France) and ran that into the ground, the Sears Group (Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Warehouse, Wallis and Richards) and BHS. Richards was a lovely shop and used nice fabrics, was decent for middle aged women going on cruises etc and even the Miss Selfridge stores were lovely before, stuff washed well, the shop layout was plush then he seemed to move them to smaller locations as if he wanted to send them into decline. The Manchester and Liverpool stores had fab central locations then just got shoved in the basement of Topshop and as part of Outfit.
You’re right - I remember Richards shops. The clothes were of excellent quality. Plus, I used to buy from Miss Selfridge a lot. Then, the quality declined while the prices increased. Such a shame.

Reactions: 12
You’re right - I remember Richards shops. The clothes were of excellent quality. Plus, I used to buy from Miss Selfridge a lot. Then, the quality declined while the prices increased. Such a shame.
Even the staff in Richards were well trained and attentive. Although it was a chain it seemed more like a boutique where they cared about customers as individuals.

Reactions: 11

Fantastic, he is a disgusting lump of shite

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I really hope Green has to bow to public pressure to fill the pension hole. He has few friends in the media, so hopefully he'll get slaughtered. Those poor workers out of jobs just before Christmas.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
If she’s treasure she should be buried very very deep 😂
Much as I’m sure we all admire the sentiment, think about how all that plastic will take 1000s of years to decompose.
In that time if we leave her above ground there will be no virgin males left and there will be a world shortage of cocaine

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I really hope Green has to bow to public pressure to fill the pension hole. He has few friends in the media, so hopefully he'll get slaughtered.
I think the only thing that scum will understand is a threat to take away his knighthood. He wont do anything to fill that pension hole unless the alternative is utter humiliation. I wonder if anyone in government will have the balls to do it, or if any of his celeb mates will decide not to have a freebie holiday on his yacht because they disapprove of his treatment of staff in the UK? I doubt it somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Did he fill in the BHS pension hole? I can’t remember.
Not sure but I know he sold the BHS brand and the rights to it to Janet Jackson’s ex husband and his family (al mana) and they reopened stores in the Middle East and registered the business in the British Virgin Isles. Looks legit lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I have absolutely no sympathy for Phillip Green, he was responsible for the closure of one of my favourite High Street stores - BHS. He does not deserve his knighthood, it should be removed. Sometimes karma is wonderful thing.

Reactions: 27
Has anyone seen the film Greed? It came out at the start of this year so may have got lost in the start of lockdown drama. It’s basically based on Philip Green even down to the Steve Coogan character paying his ex-wife a large dividend.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Christ. Richards! Blast from the past

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.