Secret Celeb Gossip #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ. Richards! Blast from the past
I can remember the lyrics to the Richards advert jingle.
Richards shops are filled with all the pretty things
Soft and lovely pretty things to wear
Hey there pretty face
Make the world a prettier place
Come pretty up
Come buy your clothes at Richards shops.

Profound isn't it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To say that someone is a good businessman is basically lauding what a psychopath they are.

Philip Green threatened to kill a colleague's children decades ago.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
On the news today they said Phillip Green didn’t have a computer. That blew my mind! He really does do nothing more than holiday and ruin lives.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Check out the Joe Wicks thread, there's a whole account there of everything he's done. Multiple holidays and breaks away around the country, having friends over all the time, travelling around including over borders, family in and out of his house going well over the rule of 6 and in the original lockdown - you name it! Plus his gross showing off by Instagram of every luxurious place he's been staying in. Fewmin!
It always seems to be that the ones who shout the loudest about how great the rules are and how virtious they personally are, are the ones who break the most rules in the worst ways. Sick of these spoiled, entitled arseholes. I really am.

Reactions: 17
He seems to destroy every shop he buys! He bought Etam (the UK franchise, it’s still going in France) and ran that into the ground, the Sears Group (Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Warehouse, Wallis and Richards) and BHS. Richards was a lovely shop and used nice fabrics, was decent for middle aged women going on cruises etc and even the Miss Selfridge stores were lovely before, stuff washed well, the shop layout was plush then he seemed to move them to smaller locations as if he wanted to send them into decline. The Manchester and Liverpool stores had fab central locations then just got shoved in the basement of Topshop and as part of Outfit.
Remind me where the Miss Selfridge was in Manchester- in the Arndale I think? - I am racking my brains and can’t remember! ❤

Reactions: 3
I know of some who had business dealings with him. Yes, he’s an hole. Basically he took all the credit for the Body Coach stuff when actually it was his business partner who was the brains behind it.
I do recall when he was just starting out he had a girlfriend who just got on with her life quietly and then all of a sudden he was famous and got with some glamour model who he has kids with, the ex seemed brushed under a carpet and never sold him out as far as I am aware. I really went off him after that

Reactions: 16
I do recall when he was just starting out he had a girlfriend who just got on with her life quietly and then all of a sudden he was famous and got with some glamour model who he has kids with, the ex seemed brushed under a carpet and never sold him out as far as I am aware. I really went off him after that
iirc he had been with her an awfully long time, 12 years or so!

Reactions: 6
Has anyone seen the film Greed? It came out at the start of this year so may have got lost in the start of lockdown drama. It’s basically based on Philip Green even down to the Steve Coogan character paying his ex-wife a large dividend.
Lol. Yes. What a twit. Thank god the lion ate him!!

• Haha
I can remember the lyrics to the Richards advert jingle.
Richards shops are filled with all the pretty things
Soft and lovely pretty things to wear
Hey there pretty face
Make the world a prettier place
Come pretty up
Come buy your clothes at Richards shops.

Profound isn't it!
I salute you! I can’t remember that much 🤣

Ah you've reminded me of an old Mumsnet thread about him, when a MNer was a teenage Boyzone fan she claims he trapped her head in the electric window of the car, so her mum punched him :ROFLMAO: (allegedly etc)

it's in this thread here about halfway down page 1:

He always comes over as insincere.
Ooh I’ve just had another flash to bang time. Forgive me I’ve not long had a stroke and I forget things🤦‍♀️ Back in early 2000s I think during ‘you say it best’ era. Ronan ran a competition to win going to see him at RAF Cosford at a little gig. You could meet him. My ex hubby was in RAF so could go anyway and as I was working plus couldn’t stand him, he took a friend of mine. They said he was awful. Couldn’t really sing but worse than that looked bored to be there, couldn’t wait to leave. And seemed to be rather anti the armed forces. Daft place to be then lol. Didn’t meet anyone, got in his car and left. Leaving upset women and kids. Hope I’ve remembered correctly

• Wow
Reactions: 10
It always seems to be that the ones who shout the loudest about how great the rules are and how virtious they personally are, are the ones who break the most rules in the worst ways. Sick of these spoiled, entitled arseholes. I really am.
Mmm, he’s also been very frank at times and in interviews about how great this year has been for him. They moved to a HUUUUGE house this summer. Yes, PE with Joe itself was free but he was clearly going to benefit from all the new followers and YouTube subscribers who then signed up to his plan and bought his books and clicked his swipe ups and bought Gousto. He’s not been backward in coming forward about how well he’s done. Combined with how flagrantly he’s been breaking rules over and over again, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Reactions: 18
Ooh I’ve just had another flash to bang time. Forgive me I’ve not long had a stroke and I forget things🤦‍♀️ Back in early 2000s I think during ‘you say it best’ era. Ronan ran a competition to win going to see him at RAF Cosford at a little gig. You could meet him. My ex hubby was in RAF so could go anyway and as I was working plus couldn’t stand him, he took a friend of mine. They said he was awful. Couldn’t really sing but worse than that looked bored to be there, couldn’t wait to leave. And seemed to be rather anti the armed forces. Daft place to be then lol. Didn’t meet anyone, got in his car and left. Leaving upset women and kids. Hope I’ve remembered correctly
[/QUOTE]

He is such an arse, never heard a good word about him. I particularly enjoy his DM articles with 'Storm' and the comments just go mental with Sharoooooon, her name isn't even Storm, its Sharon and she hates it. Nothing wrong with the name Sharon its just the fact she is so against her birth name 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
To say that someone is a good businessman is basically lauding what a psychopath they are.

Philip Green threatened to kill a colleague's children decades ago.
His knighthood needs to be removed asap.

I'll stop there or I may get banned for abuse as what I think about him is unprintable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yeh you are right! She has! She’s quite beautiful in her own way.
I don’t care whether she’s plus size, but whether you are skinny or fat I’m sick of seeing so many girls on insta with half their clothes off!!! 🙈🙈🙈but I think that’s just my age!
But in regards to her I always can’t help but feel that her getting her kit off is some sort of karma for her dad- I still think what him and Russel Brand did to Andrew Sachs was disgusting and disgraceful. Him and his granddaughter didn’t deserve any of that at all. Who a woman sleeps with is her business and not to be shared to the world, it was so disrespectful and Ross’s language was appalling. So I hope Honey keeps taking her clothes off and it might give Jonathan just a bit of embarrassment that their family felt at the time. Odious little man.
Interesting way of looking at it, I didn't think of any of that!

(Although as much as Ross deserves it, I think Honey is harming herself more than anyone.)

I agree she has a unique and beautiful face, but she looks sooo unhappy. I think the reason she looks "old fashioned" is because the portraits hundreds of years ago were very austere and stern looking, as depicting smiling was not permitted.

Reactions: 7
He seems to destroy every shop he buys! He bought Etam (the UK franchise, it’s still going in France) and ran that into the ground, the Sears Group (Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Warehouse, Wallis and Richards) and BHS. Richards was a lovely shop and used nice fabrics, was decent for middle aged women going on cruises etc and even the Miss Selfridge stores were lovely before, stuff washed well, the shop layout was plush then he seemed to move them to smaller locations as if he wanted to send them into decline. The Manchester and Liverpool stores had fab central locations then just got shoved in the basement of Topshop and as part of Outfit.
Richard Shops was indeed a lovely shop. I used to buy many of my work outfits from there.

These businessmen become greedy and want to scoop up everything. I‘m glad he didn’t get his hands on Mark’s and Spencer.

Reactions: 10
Interesting way of looking at it, I didn't think of any of that!

(Although as much as Ross deserves it, I think Honey is harming herself more than anyone.)

I agree she has a unique and beautiful face, but she looks sooo unhappy. I think the reason she looks "old fashioned" is because the portraits hundreds of years ago were very austere and stern looking, as depicting smiling was not permitted.
It was me that said she has an olde Tudor type face. At least I know why, don’t think I’ve seen her smile in any pics.

Reactions: 4
On the news today they said Phillip Green didn’t have a computer. That blew my mind! He really does do nothing more than holiday and ruin lives.
Not forgetting all the plastic surgery his wife has treated herself to. She still looks bloody awful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.