Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The second Mrs de Winter’s name is Caroline, as per the book.
Caroline is the name of the ancestor in the portrait that Rebecca dressed as. They introduce the 2nd Mrs DeWinter as Caroline because she is dressed as her.

Reactions: 11
home doesn't make them any 'less' than someone like me. And if you want to spend your life sneering at other women whilst munching on your 'toast' so you can prance around smugly, because you think your so 'interesting' fine. But i'd rather live in a mansion with an endless pot of mone
I agree with the sentiment, I do. But in the capitalist economy, me having kids (which I have) and working part-time (which I did) was the most economically risky thing I did as a woman and I would never recommend anyone becomes a stay at home mother. Capitalism exploits all forms of care.

• Heart
apparently Roman is extremely shy and not very confident in person. I’ve also heard he cheated on one of his girlfriends with a friend of his. Not sure which girlfriend it was though, and my info is second hand
I don’t know Roman and it’s really not my story to tell, but what I do know is that he was messaging my (absolutely gorgeous) friend on Instagram when he was with his ex gf!
My friend is in a relationship though and didn’t even entertain it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I agree with the sentiment, I do. But in the capitalist economy, me having kids (which I have) and working part-time (which I did) was the most economically risky thing I did as a woman and I would never recommend anyone becomes a stay at home mother. Capitalism exploits all forms of care.
My friend chose stay at home mum over well paid job because after she factored in childcare, she would have been making a loss. She waited until the youngest was in school before she went back part time. She was earning double what I'm earning now, so she would have been on about 44,000. It blows my mind that on that wage, childcare would have wiped her out. She's better off now, than she would be working full time and she earns a third less than she used to.

Reactions: 10
Wow. I do not recall reading that or hearing it said in the film!

Edit: Okay, wiki says at a party she is introduced as "Caroline de Winter" but this is clearly not her name(?)

Last edited:
Caroline is the name of the ancestor in the portrait that Rebecca dressed as. They introduce the 2nd Mrs DeWinter as Caroline because she is dressed as her.
Yes, the second wife‘s name is never known. The whole point being that she always feels inferior to the exciting, beautiful and vivacious Rebecca.

Reactions: 6
My friend chose stay at home mum over well paid job because after she factored in childcare, she would have been making a loss. She waited until the youngest was in school before she went back part time. She was earning double what I'm earning now, so she would have been on about 44,000. It blows my mind that on that wage, childcare would have wiped her out. She's better off now, than she would be working full time and she earns a third less than she used to.
Childcare is horrific. My nephew is in nursery (sadly they live almost 2 hours away otherwise I'd look after him for them) at 16 months old so his parents can work. 2 full days and 1 half day is 9k a year(!)

• Wow
Yes, the second wife‘s name is never known. The whole point being that she always feels inferior to the exciting, beautiful and vivacious Rebecca.
Accord to some reviews theyve completely rewritten the book as some kind of Mills and Boon romance, so its aimed at people who have never read the book by the looks of it! If thats the case, I'm really disappointed in Ben Wheatley and Jane Goldman. If anyone could write a decent psychological drama, I"d have thought they would.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Wow that was a lot of ☕ as I've just seen this thread.

Just some thoughts....Paddy and Holly, can see it, but more of a drunken mess/antics rather than caught feelings thing.

What about his wife Christine? Any ☕ on her, I did read a comment on her insta one time someone had said, put your clothes back on and look after your kids😬 I cant comment on her parenting but she definitely lacks clothing 🤣

Abbi Titmuss, rem she banged Callum Best in the toilets on the original love island years ago.

Jules and Tanya wow I hope they just really like babies 😬 you'd go far to find anyone who'd be game to shag Jamie! Gordon I can see, the Americans love him.
no offence but any endorsement “The Americans love him” it’s not that much o a recommendation.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We never find out her name. Caroline de Winter was an ancestor and Rebecca dressed up as her one year at the Manderley ball, the last ball she gave before Maxim murdered her. Mrs Danvers wanted to hurt Maxim because he had taken on a new wife, so she suggested his new wife copy one of the pictures in the gallery for her fancy dress ball outfit. That picture was of Caroline de Winter.

Reactions: 2
Thought this was interesting

A lot of people at the time felt it was quite a one sided relationship, and now she admits ‘stalking’ him. Also didn’t someone say on here a while back she got pregnant deliberately and he had to come back from Hollywood to standby her?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
To those who were asking - this article Amber Heard looks in good spirits as she joins lookalike sister Whitney and nephew on a shopping trip in LA says, the next stage of her ongoing legal battle with Johnny has been postponed by the courts until May next year.
It’s not her legal battle though. Johnny Depp is sueing the sun newspaper or similar, for what he claims are libellous claims that he was a wife beater. It’s a roundabout way of getting back at Amber but officially, it’s not her V him.

A lot of people at the time felt it was quite a one sided relationship, and now she admits ‘stalking’ him. Also didn’t someone say on here a while back she got pregnant deliberately and he had to come back from Hollywood to standby her?
I always thought their relationship was very one sided. In terms of star power, talent and general attractiveness he is way way out of her league. Plus she had a child already so came with a level of responsibility. She gained a lot more from their relationship than Tenant did, IMO. Not that that matters of course if two people love each other. But generally like is attracted to like, in life. I’ve heard the baby rumour before.

I always thought their relationship was very one sided. In terms of star power, talent and general attractiveness he is way way out of her league. Plus she had a child already so came with a level of responsibility. She gained a lot more from their relationship than Tenant did, IMO. Not that that matters of course if two people love each other. But generally like is attracted to like, in life. I’ve heard the baby rumour before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It’s not her legal battle though. Johnny Depp is sueing the sun newspaper or similar, for what he claims are libellous claims that he was a wife beater. It’s a roundabout way of getting back at Amber but officially, it’s not her V him.
I read the next stage of her ongoing legal battle with Johnny has been postponed by the courts until May next year, in the context of, it's a story about Amber (and also her sister as a witness to his violence/both of them being on the receiving end, allegedly), ergo they're mentioning Amber in connection to the legal dispute. My quote was simply to mention when the court proceedings start again - a few had asked on this thread.

Later in the story it says, Johnny is suing The Sun publisher News Group Newspapers (NGN) and its executive editor over claims he was violent towards ex-wife Amber.

Think you read too much into that original sentence!

Last edited:
I always thought the same. That first it was the thrill of going out with Peter Davisons daughter, but he wasnt all that serious. He was all set to go to America, then she got pregnant. However, hes stayed and had 3 more children with her, so however they started out, theyve tried to make a go of it.

I always thought the same. That first it was the thrill of going out with Peter Davisons daughter, but he wasnt all that serious. He was all set to go to America, then she got pregnant. However, hes stayed and had 3 more children with her, so however they started out, theyve tried to make a go of it.
I agree that It’s obviously worked out well for them, but before he met her he seemed to have a different girlfriend every week and had a reputation as a bit of a lothario. It was convenient she got fell pregnant when she did, I’m not sure it would have lasted had she not.

Reactions: 4
I'm sure I've read blinds about David Tennant sleeping around (probably when Popbitch's live Board was still happening) but, who knows.

We compromise more in marriage - even more so if there's financial insecurity or less options - maybe. I'm sure they wouldn't have lasted if there wasn't some love and understanding there.

The two of them getting together to make a podcast seemed to have wound up DM's female readership, judging by recent comments. Georgia seemed to get the lion's share of the flack, and the tone was pretty much the same - that she had "trapped" him into marriage.

But surely we can't be trapped unless we want to be?

The fact he adopted her son from a previous relationship shows its genuine. Not many men would do that in my experience.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.