Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tenuous link but I don’t know if anyone followed the fake Derek Griffiths from Playschool on Twitter? He did a scam auction to meet him. Paddy McGuinness won it, paid up, and fake Derek legged it. Properly bizarre.
Not quite a scam auction, and maybe tenuous even mentioning him in a Celeb thread, but Jerry Sadowitz has a "gig in your house" (or a live comedy magic show, to be precise) ebay auction ongoing at the moment. Tentatively pencilled in for December (who knows if COVID-madness will be over, it's not looking likely).
How about Hamble from Play School? I've heard rumours that there was a fierce rivalry between her and Jemima!
Even when I was a child, I thought Hamble was a weird name for a doll!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone know anything about Rebel Wilson and the guy she’s seeing? He just looks so camp and fake...just an odd looking pair

Reactions: 6
I interviewed Johnny Ball when I was a hack. Went to his house and he was a blast. So funny, so lovely, exactly as he was on tv. He was making a ‘trick table’ in his garage when I arrived there- never did find out why. My then boyfriend was waiting outside in his car for me and JB went out to him and invited him in for a cup of tea.

Who is she with?
Francis Boulle, he was portrayed as a bit unlucky in love on the shoe but it seems outside of the show he does quite well with the ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Poor old Hamble!
My mother in law is adamant that her name was Annabel but it was said/ spelled Hamble because that’s how a child would say it. Have I missed the glaringly obvious or has she really overthought that?!
Love this ❤ I hope it's true 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
@ Phoenix Lazarus - Here is something I posted a while ago about TM;
Re: Timmy Mallett; my sister and I were stewarding at a music concert at Wembley as teenagers in the late eighties (can’t remember which one as we did a few) when she caught him trying to blag himself a much better seat than the one he had. She said he was completely obnoxious to her and said to her the immortal line ‘Do you know who I am?’ To which she replied ‘Yes, you’re that prat off the Wide Awake Club, now get back to your proper seat’ He then slunk back to his assigned seat up in the gods with his tail between his legs! 😂

How about Hamble from Play School? I've heard rumours that there was a fierce rivalry between her and Jemima!
I heard that too! Apparently they got involved in a HUGE cat-fight and Big Ted & Little Ted had to step in to separate them!! 😳😂😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Greedy bastard.
anybody seen this.☹
Avaricious parasite! 🙄 I cannot believe the cheek of these people coming out of the woodwork with a real sense of entitlement. He should pay for his own extravagant lifestyle, nobody forces him to live that way.

Reactions: 5
Re Kenny Goss....... for AAGGGGES I thought he was the famous saxophonist...... only recently did I realise the saxophonist guy was Kenny G...... not Kenny Goss!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've mentioned it many threads ago - Jan Moir should have been sacked for the hateful, bigoted crap she coughed up about Stephen Gateley when he died. I remember how angry I was, and the comment I made at the time. I could not believe what I'd just read and how it was allowed to be published. The family should have hauled her through the courts.

Although the DM audience can tend to have a stick up their arses, it was heartening to see the flood of comments basically calling her a nasty bleep.

She did apologise (likely forced into making a mea culpa to keep her job), but it had the heavy whiff of insincerity and passive aggressiveness. She's a witch.

DM is a bit like social media, you know it's bad for you but you can't help looking.
I thought the DM comments section was finished now? Or am I confusing that with the forums?

Cowboys and Angels is a beautiful song from George.
I love it too, right from when I first heard it. I love his voice and I would have loved to have seen him in concert. ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The Play School dolls were oddly dysfunctional role models by the standard of those more traditional times. Hamble looked bulimiac; Gemima looked anorexic; Big Ted and Little Ted were portraying a one-parent family; Humpty Dumpty was a health and safety nightmare with his climbing walls and then falling off them.

@ Phoenix Lazarus - Here is something I posted a while ago about TM;
Re: Timmy Mallett; my sister and I were stewarding at a music concert at Wembley as teenagers in the late eighties (can’t remember which one as we did a few) when she caught him trying to blag himself a much better seat than the one he had. She said he was completely obnoxious to her and said to her the immortal line ‘Do you know who I am?’ To which she replied ‘Yes, you’re that prat off the Wide Awake Club, now get back to your proper seat’ He then slunk back to his assigned seat up in the gods with his tail between his legs! 😂
Brilliant! Waccawally, Waccadickhead!:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve heard stories that would make your hair curl about what happened in that basket with Andy Pandy Little Ted and Looby Loo o_O And don’t get me started on Muffin the Mule.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hamble reminds me of Princess Margaret. Grumpy face, ‘done’ hair, looks like she should have a fag in her mouth and a glass of gin in her hand.

I just switched the telly on (yes, I have the telly on whilst WFH and I am unashamed) and Carol Vorderman just appeared, in an advert for funeral plans. Christ, what has she done to her face? How much filler?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.