Secret Celeb Gossip #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to recall him bullying someone else about trying to stay off the alcohol too. Or was that Galloway? But in any case I was appalled that Barrymore got to the final although thankfully he did not win and his comeback never happened either.
Yes he said to George Galloway "poor me, poor me,pour me another drink" 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Now if you’d have said that Aliona and Jay were at it, I’d have believed that. My all time favourite Strictly pairing, I watched their jive over and over. Amazing!
Can't remember if it was here or another thread but someone mentioned they knew Jay was gay and in a relationship with a guy who's in some of his instagram pictures. He seems like a lovely lad - came across as a complete sweetie on Strictly and he's still probably my favourite celeb who's been on the show (close between him and Danny Mac!)

On another note a few posts back people were discussing Simon Cowell, I downloaded Louis Theroux's autobiography on audio book to listen to while doing the housework etc, he reads it too which is fab as I could listen to him all day! He speaks in it about a documentary he did with Max Clifford years ago and more or less alludes to the fact Simon was gay, he questions why Max who was Simon's publicist leaked a story that Simon slept with a stripper or something like that. He kinda questions it in the book like why would your PR people put out that sorta story unless there's an angle to it. I'm guessing it's known in celeb circles and Louis knows it's true himself.

Someone also mentioned Ross Kemp in bed with male celebs, on a previous thread someone mentioned he was also caught with Gordon Ramsey - if all true he definitely gets about!!

Reactions: 8
The histrionics were off the scale when Idris Elba got a lifetime achievement award at the Baftas and other poc had the audacity not only to be on TV but to win awards( at a show they never watch and think is irrelevant but was strangely still important enough for them to get their knickers in a twist about!) The DM use their one front page about the killers of Stephen Lawrence over 20 years ago to demonstrate their anti racism credentials when everything they have done before and since demonstrates the opposite.
That front cover was iconic and it could have created a new path for the DM away from what they are today. They were so ballsy with that headline, now they are a joke. Successful but still a joke.

Reactions: 4
Exactly. Remember Jimmy Carr slagging off tax evaders, when he was the most egregious of them all. Went to court to get more money from his dad.
does anyone have any other tea on jimmy Carr (beyond the joke stealing and tax evasion) ... he seems to make an odd couple with his wife/girlfriend but never heard any rumours about him cheating or being gay .

Louis Theroux is truly nothing but a king in my eyes. Whenever I am faced with a situation, I just ask myself “What would Louis Theroux do!?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
does anyone have any other tea on jimmy Carr (beyond the joke stealing and tax evasion) ... he seems to make an odd couple with his wife/girlfriend but never heard any rumours about him cheating or being gay .
Not strictly tea, but I sat near him in the audience of a show at the Edinburgh festival maybe eight years ago (the show was by Adam Riches, who was really funny: perhaps Jimmy was after stealing his jokes?).

Anyway, close up he is the weirdest looking bloke. Bizarre. It’s his skin: it has this really strange waxen look. Pale, clammy and opaque, not like normal skin at all. Combined with the brylcreemed hair it made him look really odd. Also, he seemed to be in character all the time, and just didn’t move or behave normally. It’s hard to describe, but it’s like he thought he was on telly even when he wasn’t. He had the air of somebody graciously bestowing his presence on the show. As the audience filed out I’d have expected him to approach the performer, just to say “well done” or something for solidarity between comedians. No. Out he strutted. Really unlikeable from what I saw.

As for his tax avoidance: I know exactly what scheme he used. Him and a load of other chancers who like to pretend to be left-leaning. Until they have to actually, you know, pay tax in order to support schools or the NHS or the homeless. Unwilling to put their money where their mouths are.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not to defend Barrymore, but it was actually the other way round.
I remember watching that and Galloway was a bully in regards to Barrymore.
Also remember years ago when Galloway was running War on Want and got up to some very shady business.

One of my mates had jokes nicked by Jimmy.

Jimmy was on the same bill as him a good few years ago, with Jimmy being the main act.

A few months later, he sees Jimmy on the TV doing a routine. Doing one of his jokes.

He'd heard about Jimmy's habit of doing this. He also knew that, owing to Jimmy doing this so often, if you contacted him and complained about it. Jimmy would say "Fair enough" and send a small payment as compensation.

And that's exactly what happened.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Not strictly tea, but I sat near him in the audience of a show at the Edinburgh festival maybe eight years ago (the show was by Adam Riches, who was really funny: perhaps Jimmy was after stealing his jokes?).

Anyway, close up he is the weirdest looking bloke. Bizarre. It’s his skin: it has this really strange waxen look. Pale, clammy and opaque, not like normal skin at all. Combined with the brylcreemed hair it made him look really odd. Also, he seemed to be in character all the time, and just didn’t move or behave normally. It’s hard to describe, but it’s like he thought he was on telly even when he wasn’t. He had the air of somebody graciously bestowing his presence on the show. As the audience filed out I’d have expected him to approach the performer, just to say “well done” or something for solidarity between comedians. No. Out he strutted. Really unlikeable from what I saw.

As for his tax avoidance: I know exactly what scheme he used. Him and a load of other chancers who like to pretend to be left-leaning. Until they have to actually, you know, pay tax in order to support schools or the NHS or the homeless. Unwilling to put their money where their mouths are.
His face has an embalmed look about it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Riches has done Cats does Countdown a few times so it would seem odd if Jimmy was stealing his jokes...?

Riches seems lovely, I hope he really is and it's not a bit.

Reactions: 2

Jimmy was on the same bill as him a good few years ago, with Jimmy being the main act.

A few months later, he sees Jimmy on the TV doing a routine. Doing one of his jokes.

He'd heard about Jimmy's habit of doing this. He also knew that, owing to Jimmy doing this so often, if you contacted him and complained about it. Jimmy would say "Fair enough" and send a small payment as compensation.

“Fair enough” 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

As a huge comedy fan, I want to know who your friend is but I won't ask as I appreciate it breaches your, and their privacy.

This story just shows he has more money than he cares about, or it's another tax write off. 🙄

On the topic of comedians Josh Widdicombe is horrendously rude and up himself.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Can't remember if it was here or another thread but someone mentioned they knew Jay was gay and in a relationship with a guy who's in some of his instagram pictures. He seems like a lovely lad - came across as a complete sweetie on Strictly and he's still probably my favourite celeb who's been on the show (close between him and Danny Mac!)

On another note a few posts back people were discussing Simon Cowell, I downloaded Louis Theroux's autobiography on audio book to listen to while doing the housework etc, he reads it too which is fab as I could listen to him all day! He speaks in it about a documentary he did with Max Clifford years ago and more or less alludes to the fact Simon was gay, he questions why Max who was Simon's publicist leaked a story that Simon slept with a stripper or something like that. He kinda questions it in the book like why would your PR people put out that sorta story unless there's an angle to it. I'm guessing it's known in celeb circles and Louis knows it's true himself.
ause
Someone also mentioned Ross Kemp in bed with male celebs, on a previous thread someone mentioned he was also caught with Gordon Ramsey - if all true he definitely gets about!!
Ah really? 😊 Well, funny you should say that because I saw Jay on tv this morning as he’s in a show that’s opening soon and when he was speaking I thought then is he or isn’t he? Disclaimer - it’s only an observation, no judging going on. He does seem like a really sweet guy.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.