Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ok I didnt read it so didnt know the content. But there is only one reason why ' man splits up from his wife and then get another girlfriend months later' is a story and that is to make Lisa look bad and for another opportunity to mention the million divorce ( half, which is what she is entitled to)
I wish people would just leave Lisa alone. What she has been subjected to in the media is horrendous. She can’t do anything right in their eyes. People constantly having digs saying she has to move on, she moves on and they are now doing this to her.

She supported Ant all through his career and probably would have stood by him through his driving disaster. She then had her heart broken and is publicly humiliated when she’s dumped for their ex pa/friend.

I think is says a lot about her that she refused to sign a gagging order but has chosen to stay silent.

I wish her all the happiness in the world and enjoys her well deserved divorce settlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Anon_toread

So remember in 2002 when Robbie Williams signed the EMI record contract for 80 million!?

Well he donated exactly half to Great Ormond St as part of a huge redevelopment project, under the condition it was never publicised- an insider told me that and I thought it was really nice as he can often come across as a bit of a bell end!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Davina MaCall
My family member in recovery used to know her - they met at a NA stuff. He said she was great. Friendly, beautiful, a laugh, normal. Everything you hope she would be. He said all the blokes were being very pally hoping she’d be interested but she wasn’t. Lol. Sensible. And she wasn’t all flirty with the men and off with the women either. Just all round nice. This was early in her recovery I think, before marriage?

It’s strange, you don’t imagine that someone like her would be in an unhappy marriage with someone controlling. But then I was just like that too. I didn’t realise how abnormal some stuff was. You just get used to it. I loved her early fitness videos. Before they got super choreographed. Music was good too.
She seemed to lose her sparkle for awhile. I hope she got it back. I’m divorced now but I haven’t found my sparkle again. I look at people like her and it gives me hope that all isn’t lost to be divorced and starting again in my late 40s.
Just waiting to turn that corner myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Apparently it was her ex-pimp who attacked her. Not very 'super sweet' 😁
Eurgh, the smiley face emoji is insensitive. I feel uneasy about us gossiping about her attacker. It doesn’t matter who or what he was, he still ordered someone to throw acid in her face.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I still think Cliff is as dodgy as fuck, but like Savile it won’t come out till after he’s dead.

Reactions: 56

dee_mc

VIP Member
I mean, if you haven't seen a surgically enhanced, former minor celebrity deep-throating a Calipo in the park while flossing her arse, is it even Summer?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Just a big thanks to @S4buk for recommending the book Freak Like Me, I downloaded it for £3.99, bargain!

It's a fabulous read, I'm really enjoying all the 90s music memories and gossip, takes me right back. I also attended TOTP on a fairly regular basis like the author did.

In fact, the TOTP talk in the book meant I ended up down a rabbit hole I actually found myself on You Tube, filmed in 1994 on TOTP, watching Elastica and Cranberries. We were given free Suede T-shirts, hence looking so utterly tragic. That's me on the right. I've no idea what I've got on my legs. They look like day-glo trousers, but I swear they weren't.

Oh and this screen shot / trick of the light makes it look like I've missing teeth. 🥴 I assure you I still have a full set of my own gnashers at 43!

20200807_221751.jpg

I suppose it depends on whether you mind that he's a vocal Brexiteer - he said no lives would be changed by it, which is rather rose tinted no matter where you stand on the issue!
I'm a Remainer, but still like him and sense of humour. Typical rich posho by sounds of it though, no grasp on reality. Sad really.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Another anecdote I've remembered. Years ago (back end of the 90s) I was on a works jaunt to LA. As the company only paid for drinks while we were eating, we rammed off the food, just ate bread and drank as much as we could possibly get down us for the length of the meal. Anyhoo, the next day some colleagues went off on a tour of the star's houses while the rest of us went down to the lobby bar at the Beverley Hilton - some to carry on drinking, other to nurse their hangovers. So, I was one of the ones suffering from a monster hangover and there was an old guy at the bar surrounded by bimbos who was ridiculously loud, whooping and just generally being annoying. I kept shooting him evils and muttering stuff. He carried on, in the end I shouted in a very British way "'scuse me, can you just keep it down a bit please?" The guy waved and apologised and blew me a kiss as he was leaving. My colleagues were horrified. I'd basically (and unknowingly) told James Brown - the Godfather of Soul - to shut the fuck up!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I suspect it was a condition of receiving the £31 million that she kept quiet about his “pain killer” addiction, plus all his other indiscretions. But yes. The woman has never set her self up as an insta model and is not 18. Her appearance is no ones business but her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I learned this bit of gossip about a week ago but for some reason I’ve sat on it till now.

I have been told on good authority that when Letitia Dean and Roly the dog were on Eastenders Letitia needed an extra member of Security to protect her from Roly who would take any opportunity to corner her, and hump her.
Bloody BBC covering up for their sex pervert employees again. Roly should be on some registers.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Dinnerbag

Chatty Member
I think Sinitta and sc did have a relationship, I do think she’s older than her showbiz age. What I am guessing is.....her and sc split because he’s gay, she knows all about his beards etc then he gets what’s her face to have a child for him and Sinitta is put out because she still loves him and she wanted to be the one to carry his child......

as for lisa Armstrong, good for her, getting a fella, not feeling that she has to be a dolly bird. I might go against the grain here but I am disgusted by the whole ant drink driving thing. He gets front page coverage that’s pretty good, the itv pr team go into over drive etc etc they stand by him and what not, then they shit all over Caroline flack for a domestic argument. But ant can crash a car whilst over the limit, be addicted to drugs and alcohol but it’s ok coz he’s their darling

• Heart
Reactions: 49

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Re: James Blunt. No gossip but just loved this story about Keith Flint.

RIP Keith you were definitely one of the good ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Lisa Armstrong is having a hammering this morning on the Daily Fail’s comment section. Really harsh, but does anyone know if the her being an alcoholic rumours are true?
I’m not sure i feel sorry for her and I don’t think she would want to be seen as a victim and rightly so. She’s a strong woman with a good job and if it’s true what’s been documented in the papers she didn’t let him walk all over her in terms of divorce. It’s pretty low that her husband ran off with her friend/PA but you never know what goes on behind closed doors. I know they were also vocal on their struggles to start a family so I’m sure it wasn’t all happy regardless of their earnings. She deserves to be happy , doesn’t everyone, I think in general she kept a fairly dignified silence on what happened but she was clearly devastated and it was all played out so publicly. He had a drug and alcohol addiction and the probability is that she may well have, but we don’t know that. Her father passed away and she split from her husband in a short space of time. She deserves some happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Oh for goodness sake why the cloak and dagger approach? It's a gossip thread ffs, it's hardly stating it's legit. 🙄

The name being banded about is Mark Francois.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
I know the Simon Cowell homosexuality thing has been mentioned in previous threads but just chiming in with my story.

An ex boyfriend’s father was a businessman quite embedded in the Costa del Sol scene about 15-20 years ago and knew a local (English ex-pat) hotel manager very well. The hotel manager reported that one of his cleaning staff entered a room that didn’t have a Do Not Disturb sign displayed and caught Simon Cowell and Ross Kemp in the act! Not sure if the Ross Kemp connection has been mentioned before 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45