Secret Celeb Gossip #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you want to go one step further, Malcolm has created Freak Like Me playlists on Spotify.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
There’s a really good podcast called ‘They walk among us’ and it covers Stuart Lubbock’s death in great detail. He really has done his research and it’s absolutely fascinating if anyone wants to really know what went on in regards to the evidence amassed and the police investigation and what each of the witnesses told police.
I’ve listened to it, very clearly explained the situation and timeline of events of that evening. Barrymore must know more than he’s saying.

Reactions: 6
Listen to the podcasts it tells you all! Also definitely not trying to derail the thread ( I don’t want any replies just passing on a bit of info) if you want to listen to true crime podcasts. Casefile and the true crime enthusiast are the best ones. IMO they are definitely the best way to ease a commute 😂
Give Morbid a listen too, although miss the first few (the hosts will warn you about their crappy sound set up for the first few) But yeah, They walk among us, Casefile, Morbid, Up and Vanished, and True Crime Garage (to an extent) are my usuals. I did like Crime Junkie but then the plagiarism stuff happened and their reaction was so shady.

Reactions: 2
Has the chrissy teigen/epstein conspiracy been talked about yet? I mean, from from what I've read its BS...wondered what you guys thought?

It seems to the DM and it’s readers, anyone who succeeds and isn’t a straight white male only got where they are due to tokenism.
The histrionics were off the scale when Idris Elba got a lifetime achievement award at the Baftas and other poc had the audacity not only to be on TV but to win awards( at a show they never watch and think is irrelevant but was strangely still important enough for them to get their knickers in a twist about!) The DM use their one front page about the killers of Stephen Lawrence over 20 years ago to demonstrate their anti racism credentials when everything they have done before and since demonstrates the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
missed this. can you recap?
I was thinking the same and found the Chrissy thread and it’s all on there. I think it’s a load of old rubbish. I don’t doubt there is child abuse in Hollywood just in the way there is probably cases in your own neighbourhood. I don’t believe this conspiracy theory

Reactions: 6
Tbh I believe a lot of celebs are tories as they protect their wealth but put on a labour façade so ppl think of them as woke because they pretend to truly care about people living from wage to wage.
Exactly. Remember Jimmy Carr slagging off tax evaders, when he was the most egregious of them all. Went to court to get more money from his dad. I take the posturing of most celebrities with a pinch of salt. Most aren’t paying their fair share, have a retinue of staff and send their kids to posh schools. Then try to polish their man/woman etc of the people act.
Furthermore, I’ve known a lot of people who seemed genuinely left wing but who treated others and their employees like tit. They think it gives them a free pass.

Reactions: 10
Re Barrymore.
Anyone remember him on C.B.B? To me he came over as completely in sincere. I reckon he’d been prepped to within an inch of his life on what to say and how to act, but it came over as hammy and forced. Fake humility.
As has already been pointed out he was his old self obsessed vile psychopath without shame or remorse when he met the victims father. Trying to be matey and charm a grieving Dad?

lim not a vengeful person, but I really hope him and the other creatures without conscience who partook in that evil or covered for it get theirs.
cant believe he did quite well on that programme with the public, probably younguns who hadn’t read about him?

Yeah but Jimmy's a joke thieving prick.
As bad as Joe Pasquale?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly. Remember Jimmy Carr slagging off tax evaders, when he was the most egregious of them all. Went to court to get more money from his dad. I take the posturing of most celebrities with a pinch of salt. Most aren’t paying their fair share, have a retinue of staff and send their kids to posh schools. Then try to polish their man/woman etc of the people act.
Furthermore, I’ve known a lot of people who seemed genuinely left wing but who treated others and their employees like tit. They think it gives them a free pass.
yes, the Stephen Lawrence support was the only good thing that rag has ever done.

Reactions: 4
Re Barrymore.
Anyone remember him on C.B.B? To me he came over as completely in sincere. I reckon he’d been prepped to within an inch of his life on what to say and how to act, but it came over as hammy and forced. Fake humility.
As has already been pointed out he was his old self obsessed vile psychopath without shame or remorse when he met the victims father. Trying to be matey and charm a grieving Dad?

lim not a vengeful person, but I really hope him and the other creatures without conscience who partook in that evil or covered for it get theirs.
cant believe he did quite well on that programme with the public, probably younguns who hadn’t read about him?

As bad as Joe Pasquale?
Way worse.

Reactions: 1
yes, the Stephen Lawrence support was the only good thing that rag has ever done.
The Lawrences only got the support from the Mail that they did because Neville had been working at the DM editor's house. Before that the coverage they got was the usual nasty innuendo people of colour get in that rag.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Re Barrymore.

As bad as Joe Pasquale?
I remember Barrymore and Pete Burns on that. As far as I can remember they spent a lot of time bitching about everything and especially seemed to have it in for Jodie Marsh to the point where I felt sorry for her. And I’m not really even keen on Jodie Marsh! They just seemed unpleasant to me.

Reactions: 13
I remember Barrymore and Pete Burns on that. As far as I can remember they spent a lot of time bitching about everything and especially seemed to have it in for Jodie Marsh to the point where I felt sorry for her. And I’m not really even keen on Jodie Marsh! They just seemed unpleasant to me.
I seem to recall him bullying someone else about trying to stay off the alcohol too. Or was that Galloway? But in any case I was appalled that Barrymore got to the final although thankfully he did not win and his comeback never happened either.

I think a lot of them are the kind of Corbynista 'left wing', who's romanticisation of poverty is seen through the prism of wealth, and as long as poor people do what they think they should. The ones that don't are 'gammons' or 'Karens' or 'chavs'.
They are left wing as in 'tax the rich' when it means the rich are those richer than them. They send their kids to state schools but do it by buying property for over the odds in nice areas of London and paying for endless tutors and out of school classes so their kids still have an advantage. Fair enough, I'd do the same if I could, but don't then pretend you are the same as people who don't have that opportunity or that yo are sacrificing yourself for your principles. The probably have never seen a 'poor' person, unless they are dong their cleaning or serving them in a shop. They are 'left wing' as long as its other people doing the work- the government, big corporations (unless they want an advertising gig with them) etc but will still put their own money in tax avoidance schemes because they went on a march saying Google should be paying more tax.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.