Secret Celeb Gossip #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20200731-131331_Libby.jpg

I'm currently reading this 2006 (slightly rubbish) biography of Davina McCall. Is there any 🍵 in regard to her 2017 marriage split? He seemed a bit controlling (not allowing her to eat coloured sweets etc.) She seemed to have paid him 2.5m in the divorce settlement.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Don't get me wrong, Roger is awesome (and was a bit of a dish in his The Saint days), but I remember seeing this on a Bowie fan forum... https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...nd-007-friends-dylan-jones-book-a7965561.html

(It was mentioned in a few dailies, this quote is from The Telegraph):

“One of the weirdest people to be in Bowie’s orbit was Roger Moore," said Jones on Tuesday, speaking to Telegraph rock critic Neil McCormick at a launch event for the book. "Kureishi told me this story, that when David Bowie moved to Switzerland at the end of the Seventies to escape tax and drug dealers, he didn’t know anybody there. He was in this huge house on the outskirts of Geneva – he knew nobody.

"One day, about half past five in the afternoon, there’s a knock on the door, and there he was: ‘Hello, David.’ Roger Moore comes in, and they had a cup of tea. He stays for drinks, and then dinner, and tells lots of stories about the James Bond films. They had a fantastic time - a brilliant night.

"But then, the next day, at 5.30… Knock, knock, it’s Roger Moore. He invites himself in again, and sits down: ‘Yeah, I’ll have a gin and tonic, David.’ He tells the same stories – but they’re slightly less entertaining the second time around.

"After two weeks [of Moore turning up] at 5.25pm – literally every day – David Bowie could be found underneath the kitchen table pretending not to be in.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Another anecdote I've remembered. Years ago (back end of the 90s) I was on a works jaunt to LA. As the company only paid for drinks while we were eating, we rammed off the food, just ate bread and drank as much as we could possibly get down us for the length of the meal. Anyhoo, the next day some colleagues went off on a tour of the star's houses while the rest of us went down to the lobby bar at the Beverley Hilton - some to carry on drinking, other to nurse their hangovers. So, I was one of the ones suffering from a monster hangover and there was an old guy at the bar surrounded by bimbos who was ridiculously loud, whooping and just generally being annoying. I kept shooting him evils and muttering stuff. He carried on, in the end I shouted in a very British way "'scuse me, can you just keep it down a bit please?" The guy waved and apologised and blew me a kiss as he was leaving. My colleagues were horrified. I'd basically (and unknowingly) told James Brown - the Godfather of Soul - to shut the duck up!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
My pal was guitarist in a band who were support act for James Brown, probably in the 90s. My pal’s band were really good but only usually did small local venues, so this was huge for them. He was doing his set and when he looked to the side of the backstage, James Brown was dancing to their stuff, really going for it and getting down with his big cloak on and doing all his signature moves. My mate was deliriously happy at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
James Brown was a nasty bit of work. He raped one of his female backing singers. He also beat her up very badly in a lift.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
View attachment 197793

I'm currently reading this 2006 (slightly rubbish) biography of Davina McCall. Is there any 🍵 in regard to her 2017 marriage split? He seemed a bit controlling (not allowing her to eat coloured sweets etc.) She seemed to have paid him 2.5m in the divorce settlement.
He sounds very controlling. Sounds like an awful husband. When I listen to stories like this, I am so pleased that I am divorced I am sooo happy now!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I learned this bit of gossip about a week ago but for some reason I’ve sat on it till now.

I have been told on good authority that when Letitia Dean and Roly the dog were on Eastenders Letitia needed an extra member of Security to protect her from Roly who would take any opportunity to corner her, and hump her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.