Secret Celeb Goss #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were a great read! I wasn't sure if it was complete bullshit or whether it was really an ageing glamour model reliving her past glories and pretending it was still happening. The things she was describing still happen, with the yachting and paying for reality TV 'stars' etc to attend parties with A listers so I didn't think it was THAT unbelieveable. But why would you invite a glamour model from the 90's who must be knocking on for 50 instead of one of the many Love Island contestants and Towie/ MIC lot who supplement their income doing these things now and are 30 years younger?
Yeah, the people involved in the Yachting are going to be the young IG models etc, plus maybe some people like Lohan who are desperate for money and big enough names that they can get clients on name alone.

Reactions: 5
You really shouldn't do this kind of cruel stuff that is passed off as "banter" unless you know your target really well and know that they will enter into to it and give as good as they get. Brooker very obviously didn't know Nicky well at all.

Mild and weak tea, I was at uni with Nicky, on the same course, but I think the only time we spoke was when I told him to sit down and shut up on the late bus from the union to halls! He was very much a lovie while I was in a sports team.
I completely agree - I wonder if Brooker assumed a friendship that wasn't there?

I've got friends where I can say 'duck off you cow, you smell bad' and they will laugh and respond with an equally insulting put-down. But if I said something like that to a person I barely know, they could be crushed and spend the rest of their life thinking they have fish odour syndrome and no-one has told them before.

It just seems odd to launch such a cruel attack on someone who - by all accounts - had done nothing to deserve it.

Reactions: 18
Just jumping in to share my astonishment some years ago when I discovered she was mother to Janet Leigh (of being-murdered-in-the-shower Psycho fame) and is Jamie Lee Curtis' grandmother!
Thora Hird isn’t the mother of Janet Leigh. She had one daughter who was an actress called Janette Scott. Nothing to do with the Leighs

• Haha
Reactions: 27
But Rossy, has asked us all to Be Kind when talking about his “model” daughter.
As far as I know Ross mentioned in the past one of his daughters was autistic and he refused to say which one as he didn’t want her subjected to trolling and harassment.

I think Honey is the child that has autism and that is why he’s trying to ask people to be kind.

Personally I don’t really care about his daughters feelings as what you said above he didn’t care about the feelings of the parents of the daughters he was harassing and insulting.

Thora Hird was mother to Janette Scott, not Janet Leigh.
Here’s a bit of movie trivia from my favourite film of all time Janette Scott is forever immortalised in the Rocky horror picture show opening theme!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As far as I know Ross mentioned in the past one of his daughters was autistic and he refused to say which one as he didn’t want her subjected to trolling and harassment.

I think Honey is the child that has autism and that is why he’s trying to ask people to be kind.

Personally I don’t really care about his daughters feelings as what you said above he didn’t care about the feelings of the parents of the daughters he was harassing and insulting.
Yes, I agree. He is perfectly happy to treat other females as subjects for his cruel humour but his own children are off limits. All of his children are a bit niche, to put it politely. Lucky for him no tv colleague, or comics, have laid into them for their unusualness. He is just your average middle aged misogynist who tries to cover up the fact by his “kooky” personality.

Reactions: 25
I really don’t like Jonathon Ross. I don’t understand why people love him so much
I remember reading Jonathan Ross's autobiography and he said an author (think it was the guy that wrote Empire of the Sun) had had sex with his wife almost immediately after she had given birth to reclaim her body as his. He said he wasn't quite that bad but was pleased they had sex pretty much straight away. I saw him in a different light after that and now thinks he's pretty creepy.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Long marriage but they started seeing each other when she was 16, he was 26.

And I think the relationship carried on, I was sort of a parent figure as well as a husband,” the telly and radio personality admitted.

:sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I remember reading Jonathan Ross's autobiography and he said an author (think it was the guy that wrote Empire of the Sun) had had sex with his wife almost immediately after she had given birth to reclaim her body as his. He said he wasn't quite that bad but was pleased they had sex pretty much straight away. I saw him in a different light after that and now thinks he's pretty creepy.
“reclaim her body as his” grim.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Had the pleasure (eye roll) of an encounter with Jonathon Ross at an awards ceremony a long while ago. I was helping a friend that night as the company she worked for was running the event. I had agreed to shuffle celebrities around from stage to print press to TV interviews to photographers etc.
Jonathon was expected in the big room with all the journos and he had gone missing. I had to go and find him. In the mens loos. Yep, had to get a drunk Jonathon Ross out of the gents and then stand with him in the corridor while he was doing up his flies and falling all over the place. Leaning on my shoulder - probably with piss all over his hands - saying "where do we go then, come on lead the way" and then pretending to go into another room and shut us in there as though we were going to cop off. Probably just having a joke (ha ha and all that) but it was bleeping stressful. I had to literally drag him down the corridors and into the press room. Could not wait to get him off my hands.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Richard Branson's going to the edge of space today.

Best news in a while if you ask me. Hopefully it will break down and he will orbit earth until the end of his days. Can't afford to bail his company out my arse.

Reactions: 11
Had the pleasure (eye roll) of an encounter with Jonathon Ross at an awards ceremony a long while ago. I was helping a friend that night as the company she worked for was running the event. I had agreed to shuffle celebrities around from stage to print press to TV interviews to photographers etc.
Jonathon was expected in the big room with all the journos and he had gone missing. I had to go and find him. In the mens loos. Yep, had to get a drunk Jonathon Ross out of the gents and then stand with him in the corridor while he was doing up his flies and falling all over the place. Leaning on my shoulder - probably with piss all over his hands - saying "where do we go then, come on lead the way" and then pretending to go into another room and shut us in there as though we were going to cop off. Probably just having a joke (ha ha and all that) but it was bleeping stressful. I had to literally drag him down the corridors and into the press room. Could not wait to get him off my hands.
Sorry you had to go through that, but it is good tea ☕

Reactions: 10
Usually just read rather than posting but I met Jonathon Ross once too at an event with work and had a very very similar experience to @DeluxeTruffles he was absolutely smashed and just looked like a dishevelled mess. It was so hard to get him where he was supposed to be and he kept wandering off and jabbering on about nonsense, clearly thinking he was hilarious. He was not. Never looked at him in the same way after that

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh my. I can imagine him and Graham Norton are a nightmare pissed. It reminds me of one of the sketches from Extras at the award ceremony! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.