Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely love a scary movie! I thought Sinister was so scary, something about the mr boogie guy in it really creeped me out 😬
I remember watching the exorcism of Emily rose when I was really young and it ruined my life for a short while I was absolutely terrified by it 😂

Oh my god. That film stayed with me for a long, long time!
Jesus Christ, I’ve just been reading up on this - sounds absolutely horrific!

Eden Lake and Wolf Creek were the two that really really got me. 😱

Reactions: 7
I've watched a lot of horror, especially as a teen. The Shining scared the tit out of me, more recently (sort of) Sinister with Ethan Hawke. Some truly creepy scenes that have stayed with me even 8 years later.

I've also watch a lot of horror. It's my favourite genre and as such I don't really find them scary but occasionally one does leave you feeling very uncomfortable. One of those films for me was 'Sinister'. Really unnerving and creepy. I started watching it one night and switched it off because I felt unnerved but was strangely drawn back to it the next day to finish it. I've never watched it again and never watched the sequels.

As a teenager 'Salem's Lot' was my scariest TV. I made sure all the windows were shut for months afterwards 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My whole family were disturbed by ghostwatch at the time! Seemed so real. Never watched even a clip but doubt it’s what I remember because of the time/hype etc

Reactions: 2
Years ago there was a series called 'Armchair Thrillers' and there was one particular episode that totally freaked me out and that was 'Quiet As A Nun' ... Nun in a rocking chair scene.

I watched 'The Nun' recently and it reminded me of it.

Nuns are always good for a scare.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've also watch a lot of horror. It's my favourite genre and as such I don't really find them scary but occasionally one does leave you feeling very uncomfortable. One of those films for me was 'Sinister'. Really unnerving and creepy. I started watching it one night and switched it off because I felt unnerved but was strangely drawn back to it the next day to finish it. I've never watched it again and never watched the sequels.

As a teenager 'Salem's Lot' was my scariest TV. I made sure all the windows were shut for months afterwards 😂
Salem's Lot was terrifying as a teenager, the window scene stayed with me for a long time!

Surprised no one has mentioned Event Horizon, that movie scared the bejesus out of me! Probably didn't help that it was billed as a sci fi movie so you really weren't expecting the turn it took. It was terrifying and really got inside your head. Have never been able to bring myself to watch it again 🤯

Reactions: 7
Two horror movies I’ve really enjoyed but would never watch again are Babadook and Hereditary. Something about them made me feel so uneasy. I love horror but rarely come across anything decent these days. Those two stand out for me.

Reactions: 10
My friend and I went to see When a Stranger Calls, in our local cinema, we shouldn't have been allowed in because we were only about 12 😀
When it was over, we came out petrified and ran all the way home 😀
I found it on YouTube a few years ago and watched it to see if I still found it scary, and I would recommend it, the beginning especially is good for a fright!
I would never watch The Exorcist again, once was enough, just too creepy!

Reactions: 8
My friend and I went to see When a Stranger Calls, in our local cinema, we shouldn't have been allowed in because we were only about 12 😀
When it was over, we came out petrified and ran all the way home 😀
I found it on YouTube a few years ago and watched it to see if I still found it scary, and I would recommend it, the beginning especially is good for a fright!
I would never watch The Exorcist again, once was enough, just too creepy!

I've watched all the Exorcist films numerous times and one called 'Possessed' which was also based on the true story.

One to swerve is called Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist. What a load of nonsense. Even Stellan Skarsgard couldn't save it.

Reactions: 3
Two horror movies I’ve really enjoyed but would never watch again are Babadook and Hereditary. Something about them made me feel so uneasy. I love horror but rarely come across anything decent these days. Those two stand out for me.
Really have to agree with Babadook. I’ve seen it a couple of times and even the second time it creeped me out.

I remember watching the original Japanese version of the Ring when I was about 14 and asking my dad if I could sleep in with him and my mum as I sure as hell wasn’t sleeping alone 😂😂

Reactions: 13
Sometimes a character stays with you longer than the film does. Can't remember much about Poltergeist 2 but I do remember Reverend Kane ...

Reactions: 4
Ghostwatch traumatised me when I was about 13. My mum let me and my best friend watch it when we were babysitting my little brothers. She thought we knew it was fake but we had no idea and the pair of us slept with lamps on for weeks after! 😂

A more recent one I’ve watched is Host on Shudder. It’s not very long but was genuinely the first film to really scare me in a long time. The Last Broadcast, and Session 9 terrified me too.

Reactions: 4
Really cheesy film called The Fourth Kind. I woke up at 3.33am every day for about a month after 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Nightmare on elm street
The gate
Both watched when I was about 12 - never recovered

• Heart