Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whitechapel is pretty scary. Although I did watch it late at night on my own at home so that didn’t help either

Reactions: 5
Can anybody point me in the right direction where I can watch Ghostwatch?
There's loads of clips on YouTube but not the whole thing unfortunately. I've got it on DVD and I think you can still buy it. Warning the acting isnt great, but the concept is still really scary.

Jesus Christ I shouldn’t be looking at this thread at this time in the morning

Intrigued about Ghostwatch.. has anybody watched it as an adult since it came out? Is it still scary?
Watching it as an adult, its obvious that it isn't real, some of the acting is dreadful. But I personally do find it still very scary. The story around the "ghost" is chilling even if it is fake. Also the fact that it is set in a normal council house makes it ten times scarier for me. My partner had never seen it as a child as was too young and when I showed it to him he thought it was hilarious lol but I still find it very frightening.

Reactions: 4
It's cool to slate Blair Witch now but back in the day I thought it was pretty scary. It had a good sense of realism about it, I think the thing that let it down is that the leads were all incredibly annoying. The end scene is still pretty chilling.

Reactions: 28
It's cool to slate Blair Witch now but back in the day I thought it was pretty scary. It had a good sense of realism about it, I think the thing that let it down is that the leads were all incredibly annoying. The end scene is still pretty chilling.
I loved Blair Witch. Unfortunately it was a victim of it's own hype. Had it have sailed under the radar of a mainstream audience, I'm sure it would be better regarded.

Reactions: 5
Another vote for Ghostwatch from me. Although it was advertised as a drama and there was a cast list within the Radio Times and a "Written By" credit at the start for the fantastic Steven Volk, many were taken in by it simply because many viewers tuned in late - I believe there was a film on ITV which finished about half an hour after Ghostwatch started. These days you'll often find a Most Haunted/Ghost Adventures/Paranormal Lockdown show somewhere on TV but back in 1992 these shows were unheard of.

For those that haven't seen it, please try and track it down. I think you really have to transport yourself back to 1992. Forget about the internet where you can instantly join in with the discussions to "call it out" for being a drama and so on. I revisit it every now and then. The acting isn't the best but it is very enjoyable. A funny story I heard about the production was that Judi Dench was friends with Gillian Beavan who played the parapsychologist role - Dench left her a voicemail telling her she had ruined the film for her because she obviously knew she was an actress and not a ghost hunter.

Another favourite of mine is Dead End from 2003 - It tells the story of a dysfunctional family who find themselves on a neverending road in the middle of a forest during a routine drive on Christmas Eve. It is scary, funny and you are left with that feeling of looking over your shoulder after you have seen it.

Reactions: 7
I remember seeing "Jaws" at the age of around 12, scared the Hell out of me, especially the fisherman's head popping out of the side of the partly submerged boat!

Also "The Thing" was a great film, especially with the thing bursting out of some bloke's chest and biting the arms off a doctor. Which brings me onto another classic chest-busting scene in "Alien"

Finally, "The Haunting" (1963) always chills me, not least because its in gothic black & white rather than colour. But also it uses noises, shadows, and other weird sounds/lighting rather than gory visual effect to unnerve you. Great film!

Reactions: 9

See I know I'm in the minority but I thought and still think Blair Witch was incredible. I loved it and thought it was so original and chilling. Most people I know hate it.

Reactions: 20
I watched nightmare on elm street aged 11 & didn’t sleep for about a year, my dad loved horror we watched hell raiser & one called the hole I think. I’m not a fan of gory but liked jeepers creepers 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Watership down, haven't watched it for around 20 years and still can't bring myself to watch it haha! Xx

Reactions: 16
Watership down, haven't watched it for around 20 years and still can't bring myself to watch it haha! Xx
Absolutely cannot bring myself to watch it even once. I get overcome if I even hear a few seconds of Bright Eyes 😆

Has anyone ever seen Threads? That's one that I'm too scared to watch. Heard loads of people say they were traumatised after it!

Reactions: 13
Creeper out is a cbbc show thats now on Netflix that has given my LG nightmares for weeks.its not the stories as such though they are creepy buy the faceless character telling the story she thinks he is coming to take her as thats what the narrator hints at.quiye creepy for a kids show.
I think the film was called the hole about a hole in a basement that freaked me as a child a little
and any film with dolls

Reactions: 1
Absolutely cannot bring myself to watch it even once. I get overcome if I even hear a few seconds of Bright Eyes 😆

Has anyone ever seen Threads? That's one that I'm too scared to watch. Heard loads of people say they were traumatised after it!
I saw Threads years ago it was very powerful and the ending was awful.

Reactions: 2
The Ring - the ghost girl was creepy as duck
The Human Centipede- stumbled upon it by accident one night and couldn't believe what I was watching. Not really scary but totally gross 🤢
The Evil Dead - watched it as a kid & it scared the bejesus out of me
Can't watch Hostel or Saw movies - too gruesome

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Films:

Fire Walk With Me: I found it creepy and unsettling.

Eden Lake: Not a typical horror film but felt so REAL that it was genuinely horrifying.

Hostel: Not so much scary but disgustingly gross.

TV:

Twin Peaks: The typical scariest parts were bad enough but even just the shots with the long pauses where nobody says or does anything creeps me out.

Are you Afraid of the Dark?: Not scary now but as a child - TERRIFYING! 😱😭
Eden Lake was brilliant, because - as you say - it seemed so real! A friend recommended it to me and I was gripped.

Can't watch it! I remember the book really upsetting me when I was younger so I'll swerve the movie!

• Heart
Sinister! I watched it twice but managed to cover my eyes at the exact same time so I missed one of the scariest scenes and only saw it in the trailer a few years later. Nearly fell of my bed 😂

Has anybody watched The Invisible Man? It featured on Gogglebox last Friday and it looked good but very scary!