Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do you all get yours? I used the London Slimming Clinic but I was wondering if there was a better place or it was cheaper somewhere else?
Also how many pens do you buy at once?

Reactions: 1
Where do you all get yours? I used the London Slimming Clinic but I was wondering if there was a better place or it was cheaper somewhere else?
I’ve used boots a couple of times when they have discount codes as their codes are usually better than anywhere else. Asda a couple of times as they work out cheaper with no discount offers and then they sometimes send a discount code by email. 5 at a time from each of them.

And then Simple Online Pharmacy once because I wanted to order 10 pens to get a few built up rather than needing to order almost as soon as an order came and they were the only place I could find to get 10 at a time.

I ordered another 3 from boots with a black Friday discount reluctantly, this is my second restart and so far its not working 😭

Used Asda again as I didn’t have to go through the whole process again. They could see my previous order - checked my other meds & I was approved again in minutes x

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know why there is a shortage on Ozempic and not Saxenda? Is Ozempic more efficient and better for weight loss? From websites I’ve been on it’s more expensive.

Does anyone know why there is a shortage on Ozempic and not Saxenda? Is Ozempic more efficient and better for weight loss? From websites I’ve been on it’s more expensive.
Ozempic is used by diabetics, I imagine there is more need for it. Also, it's a different drug, one is liraglutide, the other is semaglutide. It's possible one of them is short

Has anyone managed to get rid of the full sharps bin? I'm In Scotland, boots said they don't take them

My consultant said that Saxenda is only being prescribed in England to people with pre-diabetes and another cardio-vascular risk factors but from spring 2023 Semaglutide (known as Wegovy) will be prescribed. It’s usually only for those with type 2 diabetes but a higher dose is coming out for people without type 2 diabetes. They aren’t sure what the criteria will be. It’s really interesting and such a big moment in weight management treatment.

My consultant said that Saxenda is only being prescribed in England to people with pre-diabetes and another cardio-vascular risk factors but from spring 2023 Semaglutide (known as Wegovy) will be prescribed. It’s usually only for those with type 2 diabetes but a higher dose is coming out for people without type 2 diabetes. They aren’t sure what the criteria will be. It’s really interesting and such a big moment in weight management treatment.
Wegovy is meant to be insane!!

Has anyone managed to get rid of the full sharps bin? I'm In Scotland, boots said they don't take them
My boots chemist does but it’s the one attached to the GP surgery. I’m surprised they do, the pharmacy manager is a battleaxe.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just came back from the US and the number of times I saw the Ozempic advert on tv was mind blowing.
Now I’m back and need to get on track - had success with Saxenda but wondering if I should switch to something better?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.