Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got my appointment mixed up 🤦‍♀️ it’s not till Wednesday! Is there much point if there is a shortage on sax? Anyone any other ones they using?

I got my appointment mixed up 🤦‍♀️ it’s not till Wednesday! Is there much point if there is a shortage on sax? Anyone any other ones they using?
I don’t think there is a shortage on sax? I think it’s ozempic the other posters are referring to which is the weekly jab rather than daily. I’ve never had an issue with getting Saxenda.

Reactions: 2
Ah sorry, no I’m in England. I didn’t realise you were asking about Ireland. I’ve just googled and had a look on the Facebook groups though and can still only see about ozempic shortages in Ireland however that may not be everyone’s real experiences. It may be worth joining the Facebook groups and asking? Fingers crossed you can get it. It’s literally changed my life.

Is Sax available to perscribe in Ireland. We are a bit behind in the medicating field. No 2 mg pens for ozempic either.

I ordered an extra 5 saxenda pens yesterday to account for the post Christmas rush and to make the most of the Black Friday offers! I should hopefully have enough now to see me through to my goal weight

I ordered an extra 5 saxenda pens yesterday to account for the post Christmas rush and to make the most of the Black Friday offers! I should hopefully have enough now to see me through to my goal weight
How many do you have ‘stored’ to get you through? And how many lbs til goal?

Hoping to lose 2 stone and I have 12 pens now, I’m hoping for 2lbs a pen! Christmas might make it tricky but I’ll hope for the best 😅

Reactions: 1
Similar to me then! I’ve got 17 pens left now after my Black Friday ‘safety’ buys, I’m averaging 2lbs a pen at the moment although some weeks more, some only 1lb. I only have about 1.5 stone to lose til goal now though but I’m planning to reduce down the dose at the end rather than just stopping to see if that stops any of the sudden hunger and weight gain others report. And I may go a bit further than goal, it depends how it impacts my health condition which always gets worse the less I weigh because of reduced blood volumes. So if that remains controlled I may go for another half a stone.

Xmas will be interesting. I’m really worried about ruining Xmas dinner or offending our hosts if I can’t eat much 😂 I’m thinking I’ll inject earlier Xmas Eve and much later Xmas day to give a little break so I can hopefully enjoy lunch.

• Heart
Similar to me then! I’ve got 17 pens left now after my Black Friday ‘safety’ buys, I’m averaging 2lbs a pen at the moment although some weeks more, some only 1lb. I only have about 1.5 stone to lose til goal now though but I’m planning to reduce down the dose at the end rather than just stopping to see if that stops any of the sudden hunger and weight gain others report. And I may go a bit further than goal, it depends how it impacts my health condition which always gets worse the less I weigh because of reduced blood volumes. So if that remains controlled I may go for another half a stone.

Xmas will be interesting. I’m really worried about ruining Xmas dinner or offending our hosts if I can’t eat much 😂 I’m thinking I’ll inject earlier Xmas Eve and much later Xmas day to give a little break so I can hopefully enjoy lunch.
I’m not too worried about Christmas Day as I don’t like roast dinners usually but it’s all the social engagements that are my down fall 😂

I’m thinking of maybe aiming for a little lower too so will see how I go and then when I’m down to two pens make a decision. I’ll be getting my wedding dress altered around April time so I don’t want to lose much more after that point otherwise it’s going to be expensive lol

Hey, 👋🏼clearly I’ve approached this with blinkers on!
I thought I had to stick with the one place that approved me for Sax - bit like a repeat prescription, and apply again once I’d nearly run out but appears not. Can you apply to multiple places wherever there is the deal on… ? 🙄:unsure:

Hey, 👋🏼clearly I’ve approached this with blinkers on!
I thought I had to stick with the one place that approved me for Sax - bit like a repeat prescription, and apply again once I’d nearly run out but appears not. Can you apply to multiple places wherever there is the deal on… ? 🙄:unsure:
Absolutely. I’ve used boots, Asda and simple online pharmacy depending on where the best deal has been.

Definitely worth shopping around! I hadn’t ordered from boots in months and was approved no problems, just had to take a picture

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.