Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How’s everyone doing?
I’m having a really rough week. The sickness seems to be back with a vengeance. Thought it was a bug at first but I have no other symptoms other than the random vomiting every day. It started the same day I started a new pen so I’m not sure if there’s a connection there but probably a coincidence. I’ve got 2 days left of this pen so we’ll see if it stops then 🤣🤞🏼

• Sad
Reactions: 1
How’s everyone doing?
I’m having a really rough week. The sickness seems to be back with a vengeance. Thought it was a bug at first but I have no other symptoms other than the random vomiting every day. It started the same day I started a new pen so I’m not sure if there’s a connection there but probably a coincidence. I’ve got 2 days left of this pen so we’ll see if it stops then 🤣🤞🏼
Fingers crossed it will settle down for you.
I started on Wednesday so only my 4th day today. I don't have any sickness, to be honest I don't have any.....anything. Daft question, how do I know its working?

For me I knew it was working when I couldn’t finish a meal and stopped feeling hungry. It took a few days to start working properly.

I’ve been on the full dose for weeks with no side effects so I’m not sure. I’m hoping the sickness will disappear again soon 🤞🏼

Went up from 0.6 to 1.2 yesterday and the nausea has been ALOT 🤢 I've wasted the full day moping. anyone just gone from 0.6 to 0.9 maybe? ie 0.6 and 3 clicks?

I just passed 3 weeks yesterday - had been really anxious about not really seeing results on the scale given the cost, however I'd been seeing a change in my shape in the mirror. Got bad nausea on 1.2 but pushed through given no weight loss at that point and 1.8 was much more comfortable for some reason. I'm now doing 1.8 + 2 clicks so I think 2.0. In the past 3 or 4 days it all seems to have come together - 5.5lb down (like a keto woosh, zero change until then), definitely feeling the fullness feeling and appetite suppressant bit at last! The absolute relief I feel to get to a place where its working for me is so hard to put into words, and I can see how much it's going to help me adjust to better eating habits too and stop overeating

I'm not sure if this is a saxenda thing or just unfortunate timing but has anyone noticed increased hair loss since being on sax? I've lots of hair but it's waist length so I'm not sure if it's only slightly more than usual but because of the length just looks like tons and gets everywhere.
I also know I need to do WAY better to stay hydrated but does anyone have any recommendations for fibre supplements to ensure you're going to the bathroom regularly?

I’ve not noticed more hair loss than normal. I also have lots of hair - very thick and mid-back length, and it falls out quite a lot but I’ve not noticed an increase on Saxenda. Every few months my hair sort of ‘sheds’ and I have a couple of weeks where more seems to come out than normal. Could it be that for you?

I have no recommendations for a fibre supplement but I take dulcoease to keep things moving. It’s an every day tablet to keep things going rather than their laxative version.

• Heart
I get hair loss with Sax. Someone recommended Biotin but I found it gave me itchy skin 🙈 so now I just deal with the hair loss. It’s still slowed down a bit anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Travel sick pills usually work for me when I’m feeling sick if it’s not caused by food or a bug. I usually take them when I have a hangover 😂 haven’t tried them for Saxenda sickness though

Hey. I haven't posted on this thread before but I'm looking to buy the injections January/February time in a hope to shift some weight for a holiday in May. How long is 5 injections likely to last me? Realistically I've about 4-5 stone I'd like to lose. My thyroid is borederline underactive so hope I can get approved. x

Hey. I haven't posted on this thread before but I'm looking to buy the injections January/February time in a hope to shift some weight for a holiday in May. How long is 5 injections likely to last me? Realistically I've about 4-5 stone I'd like to lose. My thyroid is borederline underactive so hope I can get approved. x
It depends if you go up the doses as prescribed or not so. You could probably lose a couple of stone in that time. It's amazing how different you'd look

Thanks for the quick replies. I just don't want to go on another family holiday looking like a beached whale. I've read all your success stories and hope mine can be as successful.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
End of my 1st week! I've not noticed I'm eating less and I've only had the last 2 days of feeling something similar to morning sickness but nothing unbearable. But I'm 4lb down!
I was thinking to try an stay longer on the lowest dose? Would be grateful for any thoughts xx

End of my 1st week! I've not noticed I'm eating less and I've only had the last 2 days of feeling something similar to morning sickness but nothing unbearable. But I'm 4lb down!
I was thinking to try an stay longer on the lowest dose? Would be grateful for any thoughts xx
Well done! Lots of people only up the dose when they start feeling hungry again 😊 I upped from 0.6mg quickly but stayed at other doses longer.

• Heart
Some say follow the instructions exactly but I’ve seen others say stay on the lower doses and only up them if you plateau. If you’re losing on the lower dose, you’ll save a lot of money in the long run.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.