Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moving up to 1.2 tomorrow and looking forward to it! Lost a few pounds which is great as did go out for a bottomless brunch on Saturday and had a takeaway last night. Absolutely eating less then I would normally so chuffed!

Reactions: 1
Hello!
Following this thread - just ordered pending Dr review. Does anyone here have an under active thyroid? I’m active - exercise regularly but literally find it so hard to lose weight! X
Hi Ashfox 👋
I have under active thyroid. I lost 10kg in march and April on santander, and kept it off. I'm back on the pen now to try and shift a bit more, but it's much slower this time.
Good luck!

Reactions: 2
Hi Ashfox 👋
I have under active thyroid. I lost 10kg in march and April on santander, and kept it off. I'm back on the pen now to try and shift a bit more, but it's much slower this time.
Good luck!
Thank you 🥰 that’s good to hear & well done!!!
It’s going well so far - keeping my meds & the injection quite spaced! I’m focusing on changing habits with the pen secondary iyswim. Good luck too xx

• Heart
Has anyone had side-effects like vomiting / sulphur burps and been able to manage / overcome those symptoms?

I had to stop at 1.2mg as the vomiting was severe and with each sulphur burp I would gag.

I’m thinking to try Ozempic instead. Stay on the lowest dose.Take probiotics and drink plenty of peppermint tea?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.I desperately need a kickstart to lose weight 😔

Has anyone had side-effects like vomiting / sulphur burps and been able to manage / overcome those symptoms?

I had to stop at 1.2mg as the vomiting was severe and with each sulphur burp I would gag.

I’m thinking to try Ozempic instead. Stay on the lowest dose.Take probiotics and drink plenty of peppermint tea?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.I desperately need a kickstart to lose weight 😔
I persevered through them and am now up at 3.0 and almost all side effects have gone. Getting there was a challenge though as I was so sick and had the sulphur burps too. Glad I stuck it out though.

I'm thinking to try Ozempic instead. Stay on the lowest dose.Take probiotics and drink plenty of peppermint tea?

On Ozempic 5 weeks, lowest dose. Can't say I have personally experienced many symptoms... Only nauseous if I grossly overeat (same as pre-Ozempic really & I ate enough Chinese for 3 people) and burping etc when eating garlic or peppers so nothing new there & def not tinged with sulphur. Different for everyone though 😕

I didn’t have the burps but have had the vomiting at various stages. I’m at 3.0 and generally symptom free now but do get the odd couple of days with sickness. Last week was particularly bad but absolutely no symptoms again now.

Pepprmint oil is great.

I'm nearly 6 months on Ozempic.

So a bit of a rambly post here I've lost 40+ lbs and saw a number on the scales I hadn't seen in years. 10 st 12 lbss. In my head thats nearly goal. Naked is a hot mess. 5 pregnancies; 3 kids, emergency section so the saggy belly force is strong and loose creepy skin on top of thighs and arms but its lovely to be back in clothes. Somone suggested lipo etc but tbh I don't think its for me.

I need to get in an do a massive detox on wardrobe. In my head Im probably nearly done actively loosing weight so next challenge is maintaining. Its been my life long challenge. I have lost weight before but never hold it. Though the slow creeping gain meno years was another level. I had resigned myself to never loosing again.

Its expensive but my head is in a good place. I found myself at the beginning of the year hiding away I was so ashamed of how I felt I looked. Stupid too the pressure we put ourselves under but there were health considerations too in doing this. I was slow to go up. Stuck to each lower dose till I felt it stopped working. Only on 1 mg for the last 7 weeks. That is very slow but I think thats part of being at my bodys preferred weight. I did have symptoms. Burps awful Peppermint oil capsules are a godsend. Yesterday was jab day and last night was awful with trapped wind and epic bombs which was new.

Christmas is a challenge I'm trying to get my head around. We have alot of parties and big fam get togethers. I found Ozempic has turned me off wine. I cant face a drink at all. Was never a huge drinker anyway. Alot of nights as designated driver await. But its the mindless eating I'm half worried about. I dont want to give up hard faught gains but I want to enjoy as well. I did find myself mindlessly eating the kids trick or treat loot at Halloween and need to avoid the mindless binging in the future.

Was wondering about titrating to half my normal dose. Injection day is thursday or are others just going to stick to normal routine. Any maintainers please share experiences too about doseage etc.

Last edited:
Morning week one done & I up my dose today.

2.7kg loss which I’m chuffed with, definite loss of appetite, which reduced snacking & any comfort eating.

Planned well (sadly!) so small regular meals - mainly from the Fast 800 recipe books so knew they were healthy / nutritious along & bucket loads of peppermint & ginger teas

Two nights out - didn’t stop me but I didn’t finish my meal on one of the nights.

Limited side effects - some heartburn & definitely need some fibre!

Bring on week two x

Going to check back as flying abroad in a couple of weeks for a few days - so wondering how I’ll carry on. Cool bag? X

Reactions: 4
Simple online pharmacy have a Black Friday sale on Saxenda (bit weird).

I’m trying to tell myself I don’t need any more but I probably will end up getting some. Unless anyone has seen any other deals around? I’ve got 13 pens left but I’m flying through them at 3mg.

Attachments

• Wow
I’m on my third day starting Saxenda and had been really looking forward to starting after reading these threads!
I’ve not had any side effects but it also doesn’t seem to have really reduced my appetite, as I was going through threads it felt like most people noticed a difference quite quickly. For people that didn’t feel any difference in themselves from 0.6, how long did it take you to see any impact?

I know it’s so early to be worried it won’t work, but I’ll be gutted if I’m one of the people that it just doesn’t work for. I take Elvanse for ADHD and that’s also meant to be an appetite suppressant (it gets prescribed for binge eating disorders I believe) but it’s never worked like that for me so I worry that my body is unwilling to play ball at all.

I’m on my third day starting Saxenda and had been really looking forward to starting after reading these threads!
I’ve not had any side effects but it also doesn’t seem to have really reduced my appetite, as I was going through threads it felt like most people noticed a difference quite quickly. For people that didn’t feel any difference in themselves from 0.6, how long did it take you to see any impact?

I know it’s so early to be worried it won’t work, but I’ll be gutted if I’m one of the people that it just doesn’t work for. I take Elvanse for ADHD and that’s also meant to be an appetite suppressant (it gets prescribed for binge eating disorders I believe) but it’s never worked like that for me so I worry that my body is unwilling to play ball at all.
Please try not to worry. It’s very early days. I think a lot of the full effect people feel on day 1 is probably partly placebo - we all feel great and determined on day 1 of any diet. Saxenda works in 2 ways so it regulates your hunger hormones but it also delays gastric emptying so not only do you not feel hungry but you do actually have a full stomach too so it may take a few days to get to that point for you. You’ll probably find over the next day or so even if you are feeling hungry that when you try to eat you’ll be full after a much smaller portion. You’ll get there, good luck 😊

Going to check back as flying abroad in a couple of weeks for a few days - so wondering how I’ll carry on. Cool bag? X
You don’t have to keep the injection cool after you’ve used the first dose from it. If you manage to time it right with your pens if you’re only going for a few days you may not have to worry about keeping it cold/cool bags etc 😊

• Heart
I'm going up to 1.2 tonight! No side effects really so far, hunger has been a little tiny bit less, and a horrible taste in my mouth after taking the injection. Some small bruising around the injection site, I find I prefer injecting into my thighs as in my stomach it makes me feel weird (not the product but the physical act of injecting lol). My thighs do bruise so easily though!!

Newyou50 for 49.99 off 5 pens. Bringing it to 190 for 5

On boots sorry

Reactions: 3
I started at beginning of Sept, did well but was very sick at times, just extreme nausea. Did it for a month and stopped for a week while on holidays, didn't gain but stayed the same. Anyway it hasn't really worked properly for me since then. I'm even beginning to wonder are the ones gone off but still clear. I have however been going up extremely slowly like one or two extra clicks every few days as I really can't deal with the sickness and found I couldn't concentrate or do my job properly. I'm in 1.2 + 8 clicks now which i take before bed as I was so tired thing it in AM. I'm not as hungry as if I would be without it but I'm still well able to eat or almost push through the initial feeling of fullness. Hvnet been sick at all this time but not losing the weight either. One pen left and really unsure of whether to order a new batch. I probably just need to take it as prescribed but can't deal with the sickness. Any advice? Thanks

Great offer 👏🏼
Fab isn't it and not just for new customers

I started at beginning of Sept, did well but was very sick at times, just extreme nausea. Did it for a month and stopped for a week while on holidays, didn't gain but stayed the same. Anyway it hasn't really worked properly for me since then. I'm even beginning to wonder are the ones gone off but still clear. I have however been going up extremely slowly like one or two extra clicks every few days as I really can't deal with the sickness and found I couldn't concentrate or do my job properly. I'm in 1.2 + 8 clicks now which i take before bed as I was so tired thing it in AM. I'm not as hungry as if I would be without it but I'm still well able to eat or almost push through the initial feeling of fullness. Hvnet been sick at all this time but not losing the weight either. One pen left and really unsure of whether to order a new batch. I probably just need to take it as prescribed but can't deal with the sickness. Any advice? Thanks
Probably because you stopped. I'm really not being horrible but if it doesn't work you need to increase the doses correctly until it does. I know a lot of people on FB do the clicks. The best way is to take as instructed otherwise it can be a waste of your money. I know it's expensive. But if you go up to 1.8 you may find it starts working and you're not wasting your money

Yes it’s a great offer. I bought some. I keep saying it but I’m hoping that will be my last purchase now 🤣 3.5 stone down and from a 22 to a 14 so far. It’s been worth every penny for me.

Probably because you stopped. I'm really not being horrible but if it doesn't work you need to increase the doses correctly until it does. I know a lot of people on FB do the clicks. The best way is to take as instructed otherwise it can be a waste of your money. I know it's expensive. But if you go up to 1.8 you may find it starts working and you're not wasting your money
Agree with this. I don’t think it works like a diet where you can have breaks or cheat days/weeks. You have to be consistent. And if it’s not working for you then you have to go up a dose. The side effects should wear off. I’ve had some awful weeks but pushed through them. If the sickness is bad try changing what you eat - bread and anything greasy always triggers sickness for me since starting. I’d go up a dose before writing it off completely. Good luck

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.