Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dub2020

How’s everyone getting on?

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.
Well done! 3 sizes in 3 months is amazing 👏

Reactions: 4

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Has anyone had heart palpitations 🙃 I’m 5 days in on my first dosage and feel generally shitty with heart palpitations? Not sure if I should just give up with this 😞 then I’m stuck with nearly a full pen and two other full ones.
No, but I was warned about an increased heart rate before starting. I have a condition which also affects my heart rate which I told them about during my original consultation with Boots so I had a few extra checks and extra info sent to me. So it’s definitely a side effect. If it continues I’d send a message to whichever pharmacy prescribed to you and ask them for reassurance. Your heart doing funny things is one side effect you probably don’t want to ignore and push on through.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Yes it’s a great offer. I bought some. I keep saying it but I’m hoping that will be my last purchase now 🤣 3.5 stone down and from a 22 to a 14 so far. It’s been worth every penny for me.

Probably because you stopped. I'm really not being horrible but if it doesn't work you need to increase the doses correctly until it does. I know a lot of people on FB do the clicks. The best way is to take as instructed otherwise it can be a waste of your money. I know it's expensive. But if you go up to 1.8 you may find it starts working and you're not wasting your money
Agree with this. I don’t think it works like a diet where you can have breaks or cheat days/weeks. You have to be consistent. And if it’s not working for you then you have to go up a dose. The side effects should wear off. I’ve had some awful weeks but pushed through them. If the sickness is bad try changing what you eat - bread and anything greasy always triggers sickness for me since starting. I’d go up a dose before writing it off completely. Good luck

Hodgies

Chatty Member
This is probably a really daft question but for those of us who boredom eat/emotionally eat/binge eat etc, how do you not do that when using saxenda? What do you do at the times you'd have eaten now as that kind of eating isn't driven by hunger in the same way.

Lac1985

So I've finished my 3 pens and lost half a stone. I need to lose 3 stone so not a bad start tbh. Could I have lost that without Sax? Yes, definitely. Sax made me feel full constantly, like to the point of nausea. So it stopped me eating BUT it also stopped me going to the gym. On the days I did go I became quite unwell, headache,dizzy etc, as I clearly hadn't eaten enough.

So overall I'm glad I tried it, but I'm more glad it's over and can get back to normal. Also on the plus side I found drinking water helped and ive continued to keep hydrated since it finished.

Good luck everyone!
Well done! I know what you mean though - I’ve nearly finished week 2. Lost 3lbs first week and nothing so far this week - I definitely could’ve lost that sticking to weight watchers and I wouldn’t of spent the last 2 weeks feeling sick (but on the plus side I’ve felt full for 2 weeks, which I wouldn’t if I’d been consciously dieting!)

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Sounds like a good place to me.
Is it also easy to measure how much to inject?
How much have you lost? X
It’s really easy. You just turn the dial at the end of the pen. It has doses marked on it and clicks around and in to place. Then you put the injection in to a fatty bit of your body (tummy, thighs etc) and press & hold the button at the end. It clicks around as the dose goes in. Then hold in place for 6 seconds and you’re done.

I’m 5 weeks in and 21lbs down.

• Heart

Ashfox

Chatty Member
Morning!
Just a quick update on week 2 on Sax. 1.2kg this week (4.1kg total). Minimal side effects on the new dose - slight nausea one night. Still planning the crap out of it meal wise & I wasn’t as healthy this week as period kicked in, and that’s definitely impacted on how I’ve felt - not as positive!

I’ve still drank alcohol & the only difference is I’ve not drank as much!

onwards to week 3 & have a good week x

Wearesailing13

10lbs off in a month. Ive never gone over 1.2 as sometimes feel a bit bleugh on 1.2. Overall happy with that, hope it continues

Dollybird

VIP Member
Hello All

I'm new to this thread and have spent a few days reading all the posts

I finally decided to order from online pharmacy but it was Friday afternoon before bank hol weekend so no news is expected until Tuesday or Wednesday

I have been following SW since March and at first did good but it's so darn hard now. I'm over 40! Previously on antidepressants which seem to see me gain 3 stone ! Off them now and since hitting 40 can't shift a lb without wiring jaw shut!

Managed to loose 1.5 stone since March but I think constantly about food and even after I have eaten I'm hungry like an hour later and its all the time

So I'm awaiting my first order of 2 pens and will commence , fingers crossed no issue

I'm 5ft 9in and have around 2 stone more to loose

I won't be telling SW I am on it as I will still be following their WOE
I relate to this so much . Anti depressants mess with your gut health and appetite I think , well they did me anyway . I was never so fixated and insatiable appetite before I was on them . Saxenda will help you so much . It has with me ❤

• Heart

KeepitontheDL

Hi everyone, I’m thrilled to find this thread ❤ I’m on Ozempic 12 weeks now (I’ve just completed one month of 1mg) and have lost 19 pounds, which i was happy enough with, although I thought I’d have lost more. This week, I stuck to 1500 calories a day and when I weighed myself I was up three pounds, I can’t believe it, I am so disappointed. I have a lot of weight to lose (BMI is 40), so I never expected that. I have to force myself to eat 1500 calories, so I definitely didn’t overeat, and I’m also eating very little sugar (maybe a fun size bar a few time a week) which used to my downfall (I also have PCOS). Has this happened to anyone else? I find my weight loss is erratic anyway, down 1/2 pound one week, three the next for example, but I have never put on weight while on Ozempic. I’m finding the whole thing disheartening.
Please don't be disheartened. You have lost 19lbs, that is to be commended! And from your post, it sounds like that has been achieved without starving yourself or over-exercising or succumbing to cravings or being dominated by food thoughts every minute. I'm not going to lecture on calorie count, if 1500 kcals is working for you, continue. You are losing approx 1.6lbs a week which is sustainable, healthy weight loss. Keep going, take pictures, take measurements, they show progress as well. When you look at your overall loss over a month rather than weekly, I'm sure it's all going on the right direction 💪

Crazymum

VIP Member
I signed up with boots this morning and was approved tonight and collecting tomorrow. Looking forward to results. I lost ) drive in 6 months on a vlcd plan in 2014. Gained a couple of stone over a few years then in lockdowns put on 2 more . I need to lose 4 stone so hopefully this will help.

• Heart
Hi what is the difference in them?
Thats what I found once you stop Saxenda your appitite comes back and you start gaining which is annoying after all the money you spend on it.
You only inject Ozempic once a week. It’s around £150 a month as opposed to £250 at the full dose of Saxenda.

Jazzyjeff

My first week done and I've lost 5lbs! Yay! Although I forgot my jab yesterday and today I've been picking like crazy. No side effects yet and hoping to lose a stone by the end of the month!

• Heart

megsmagoo

VIP Member
4lbs off this week and a new low for the last 2 years 💃🏻 so glad it’s working after a restart, bought another 5 pens to keep me going

• Heart

CrazyRed

Hello All

I'm new to this thread and have spent a few days reading all the posts

I finally decided to order from online pharmacy but it was Friday afternoon before bank hol weekend so no news is expected until Tuesday or Wednesday

I have been following SW since March and at first did good but it's so darn hard now. I'm over 40! Previously on antidepressants which seem to see me gain 3 stone ! Off them now and since hitting 40 can't shift a lb without wiring jaw shut!

Managed to loose 1.5 stone since March but I think constantly about food and even after I have eaten I'm hungry like an hour later and its all the time

So I'm awaiting my first order of 2 pens and will commence , fingers crossed no issue

I'm 5ft 9in and have around 2 stone more to loose

I won't be telling SW I am on it as I will still be following their WOE

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Tree_

VIP Member
Little update on the end of day 2 - the appetite suppressant/extremely full on a very small meal effects are here today! I ate at 6pm, and it was a smaller meal than normal, and I am still STUFFED now at 10:40. No desire to eat my favourite biscuits, of which I've got plenty in stock - now that's a miracle!

Is the process of skipping days here and there considered bad for the course of the weight loss? I'm not fond of playing about with medicine, but there is something in me that says maybe having a few days off here and there might make the experience of coming off less scary and less of a shock to the system?
Well done sounds like it's working. No don't skip days take it as prescribed for the best results

• Heart
End of my 1st week! I've not noticed I'm eating less and I've only had the last 2 days of feeling something similar to morning sickness but nothing unbearable. But I'm 4lb down!
I was thinking to try an stay longer on the lowest dose? Would be grateful for any thoughts xx
Some say follow the instructions exactly but I’ve seen others say stay on the lower doses and only up them if you plateau. If you’re losing on the lower dose, you’ll save a lot of money in the long run.

• Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I couldn’t get approved for saxenda because I had pancreatitis 20 years ago. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Or, as I only wanted to do it for 2 months, am wondering to go to a different supplier and miss off the pancreatitis. Actually that sounds desperate but then my weight has ballooned so much and is starting to affect me in other ways, I guess I am desperate. 😢
Pancreatitis can be fatal, please don’t risk your life to lose weight. I read an article in the BMJ about alternatives to Saxenda, and there’s another injection also used to treat diabetes (as is Saxenda). I’ll try and find the link for you ❤

• Heart

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
Started ozempic last week, have done 2 injections & I don’t think I can carry on with it I feel so so sick! Exhausted & nauseous all day. Making myself eat dry ryvita because I feel so sick the thought of food is making me wretch 🤢 honestly don’t think any weight loss is worth making myself this ill but am I being a wimp, should I just push through & finish the monthly course? Does it ease off? I lost 9lb in first week but couldn’t even feel happy about it with this nausea!!! I’m due to do jab 3 on Tuesday but I’m about to throw it in the bin today unless I hear any stories of hope from you lovely people!

• Sad