Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long have you been using it?

I’ve only had itching once and it was when I injected close to my belly button. Another poster said they’d experienced the same when I asked about it here. But other than that, no itching.

used sax for a few months last march, and have recently started it again a couple of weeks ago. I may have jumped up too quickly. I just can't stop itching, and I'm wondering if I need to lower the dose, or ploughing through.

Reactions: 2
You’re not supposed to skip days on Saxenda. It’s not like a diet where you can have a day off/cheat day etc. You need to take it consistently 😊

Sounds like it’s working well for you already. Yay!
Well done sounds like it's working. No don't skip days take it as prescribed for the best results
Okay, no skipping then! I'll follow the scheme as it's been fine so far!

Update on the GP - Rang up and basically let them know that I'm on it, and honestly, I felt like a bit of a numpty because the Doctor was basically saying in a very professionally disguised manner - 'okay, so what? I don't care'.

It made me feel a bit cringe at myself, but to be fair to me, the place I got mine from literally encourages you to tell your doctor soooo... 🙈. I was very clear that I'd already started and she was already going on a 'we CANNOT diagnose it' tirade, so maybe I shouldn't feel too bad, as she just didn't come across all that warm or welcoming in general.

Right as I hung up I thought, I might as well have kept that to myself because what a waste.

Reactions: 1
My husband was prescribed this by a clinic in Newry. Ozempic. It was £300 for a months supply, we are in Ireland (South). They sent my husband the actual pen, can we get the prescription off them and get it cheaper locally? Or is it not available in Ireland at all? Seems extremely expensive

My husband was prescribed this by a clinic in Newry. Ozempic. It was £300 for a months supply, we are in Ireland (South). They sent my husband the actual pen, can we get the prescription off them and get it cheaper locally? Or is it not available in Ireland at all? Seems extremely expensive
I have been prescribed it too but there is no supply in the South that I’ve been able to locate and earliest estimate is late March before supplies return to normal. It’s also no cheaper really because as your dose increases so does the price. I started on 0.25 and up to 1.5. Up to 1mg is about 140 euro for a month but after that you have to get two pens one of 1.0mg and one of 0.5mg. So it’s €280 on my last 1.5mg prescription. I’m hoping more companies will manufacturer it now so the price will come down because the demand is unprecedented.

That does seem very expensive for Ozempic which can range from E120 - €170 per month. I'm ecking out my last pen by clicking and lower doses to just maintain losses which I did over christmas.

That does seem very expensive for Ozempic which can range from E120 - €170 per month. I'm ecking out my last pen by clicking and lower doses to just maintain losses which I did over christmas.
Ozempic in the price range you mention is if someone is on up to 1mg. Once the dose goes higher, two injections are needed to make up the dose so the price goes up. There's no way around that until Wegovy is released.
Though that person could just use 1mg pens and give one and a half doses by counting the clicks. That would keep cost down a bit. Three of the 1mg pens would last eight weeks, rather than having to buy 2 x 1mg and 2 x 0.5mg.

I'd love to hear experiences of anyone who has had to switch from ozempic and what doses of each you used? I was on 1mg of ozempic and losing slowly but steadily which I was happy with. Now I've been switched to liraglutide 3mg. So going from the lower diabetic dose of ozempic to the full weight loss dose of saxenda. It's so much dearer I'm debating not going to the full 3mg.

Last edited:
I’m on 1mg but buy from more than one pharmacy and have just moved to taking it every 5 days, rather than weekly. I’ve just had about 6 weeks of every 6 days.

what do you so when you don't have enough foe a dose in a pen ? do you so two injections oe just under dose one. I used the rest of ny first pen up today but didn't have enough for 1.8mg so I just finished off the cartridge as far as it would go.

what do you so when you don't have enough foe a dose in a pen ? do you so two injections oe just under dose one. I used the rest of ny first pen up today but didn't have enough for 1.8mg so I just finished off the cartridge as far as it would go.
Before I was on 3mg I used to just save the bit left and use it with the next injection to get the full dose. Now I’m on 3mg I just finish it off with the last dose from the pen. It’s about 3 clicks worth. It would drive me crazy trying to work out the dose every time if I didn’t though so I live on the edge and have that tiny dribble extra with the last dose.

I've been on Saxenda for 2 weeks now and lost 1lb. I've been eating less than 1500 calories and having 2 litres of water at least. More movement as well but doesn't seem to be having much impact on the scales. Any advice or suggestions, feeling a bit defeated!

Re the price, if you calculate what you're saving on food, particularly takeaways it probably won't be so bad

Reactions: 4
Took my first injection just now, is there anything i should expect or will the symptoms come in the coming days? Can’t remember from the last time I took it (a few years ago).

Took my first injection just now, is there anything i should expect or will the symptoms come in the coming days? Can’t remember from the last time I took it (a few years ago).
First time the nausea hit me about 12 hours later, immediately after I felt nothing

Oh god - Send help !!!! I’m a few days into 1.2 and it is kicking my backside. I have had the very worst diarrhoea for days along with a gurgling tummy, it’s awful.

I don’t remember having this last time - Will it go ? Any tips to manage the diarrhoea and nausea?
I’m tempted to jack it in again as it’s making me feel awful but I don’t want to give up so early again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.