Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve ordered from the London Slimming Clinic and it comes in this massive package - I live with my mum and she can’t get very nosy and I don’t want to tell her all my business. Are there any other companies that don’t deliver in such big boxes?

All mine have been in big packages because of the ice packs to keep the injections cold and the insulation to keep the ice solid.

You could order through boots and collect?

Reactions: 2
I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice though I suspect the reality is that I’m just not eating enough. Something I didn’t really think would ever be a problem…!

I started taking Saxenda two weeks ago and I am finding that it’s suppressing my appetite to the point I am eating one reasonable meal per day, with a few snacks in between. I am taking 1.2mg per day and I have lost 1.1kg in two weeks. It is a loss but I had anticipated more.

I work as a nurse and so the days I am at work are incredibly active but considerably less so when I am not at work.

I’m not sure exactly how many calories I am consuming but I’d guess it’s in the region of 1100 per day.

Any advice/guidance/recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

Im starting back on my Saxenda tomorrow after a 2 week break, mix of being broke and waiting for order to come. I was on 2.4 but tbh it wasn't working hugely for me. I had been taking it at night as found myself exhausted in work when taking it in the AM but I'm thinking I will just have to suck it up and take in the morning to be more effective. I'm guessing I need to restart at 0.6 again? I'm tempted to chance 1.2 but really don't want to be sick!!

Reactions: 1
Took my first dose yesterday! 🥳

2 things I've experienced - no intense appetite suppressant effects right out of the gate (I felt fuller for a little longer), and nausea - I feel nausea easily so I've not been terribly affected by it, in that I managed to sleep and get on with things. Forced myself to have some breakfast, as I always do when I feel nauseous, and it helped as it often does.

Much of dealing with nausea my whole life has been about playing the game of knowing when to push through, and knowing 'nope, this time I need a break' and I imagine the next few weeks will be a lot of that.

I have an unfortunately large supply of snacks and sweet things right now (those January sales got to me), and I admit they managed to successfully entice me yesterday.

I have made a promise to myself not to excessively weigh myself, and not to excessively count calories.
Calorie conscious doesn't have to mean counting every one and weighing all my food, and looking for ways to cut them everywhere. I don't want this lifestyle change to turn dark or depressive or obsessive, I just want a hand in keeping on the right path diet wise.

I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice though I suspect the reality is that I’m just not eating enough. Something I didn’t really think would ever be a problem…!

I started taking Saxenda two weeks ago and I am finding that it’s suppressing my appetite to the point I am eating one reasonable meal per day, with a few snacks in between. I am taking 1.2mg per day and I have lost 1.1kg in two weeks. It is a loss but I had anticipated more.

I work as a nurse and so the days I am at work are incredibly active but considerably less so when I am not at work.

I’m not sure exactly how many calories I am consuming but I’d guess it’s in the region of 1100 per day.

Any advice/guidance/recommendations would be hugely appreciated!
1.1kg is still a loss so I wouldn’t be too disheartened!

I’m on day 3 today and was wondering about calories too! What does everyone else aim for?

I’ve 100% not ate enough the past 2 days, day 1 - 391 calories and yesterday- 790 calories.

I’ve not experienced any major side effects yet touchwood, just trying to drink a lot of water and keep hydrated. I also have some myprotein left, so may try have one of them a day to get a bit more nutrients.

Im starting back on my Saxenda tomorrow after a 2 week break, mix of being broke and waiting for order to come. I was on 2.4 but tbh it wasn't working hugely for me. I had been taking it at night as found myself exhausted in work when taking it in the AM but I'm thinking I will just have to suck it up and take in the morning to be more effective. I'm guessing I need to restart at 0.6 again? I'm tempted to chance 1.2 but really don't want to be sick!!
You’re supposed to start back at 0.6. I’d probably be tempted to start at 0.6 but add a few extra clicks a day so you get to 1.2 quicker. Your body will used to it so hopefully the side effects won’t be too bad.

You’re supposed to start back at 0.6. I’d probably be tempted to start at 0.6 but add a few extra clicks a day so you get to 1.2 quicker. Your body will used to it so hopefully the side effects won’t be too bad.
Thank you. Will keep you posted. I'm hoping it works for me anyway this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried both Saxenda and Ozempic - which one would you say is the better one?

I prefer Ozempic as the jab is only once a week. Saxenda stopped working for me after I lost 31 lbs…I gave up after a 6 month stall. Weight loss has been slow with Ozempic but it’s happening. I reckon I’d have lost similar amounts with it if I’d started with Oz rather than Sax, but I’ll never know.

Oz is also around £100 a month cheaper at full doses.

Reactions: 5
Lost 18lb since the beginning of December! Can only do 0.6 and couple of clicks or I feel rubbish and appetite increases. Still have about 3.5 stone to lose but starting to think about needing to stay on it and the costs!

Little update on the end of day 2 - the appetite suppressant/extremely full on a very small meal effects are here today! I ate at 6pm, and it was a smaller meal than normal, and I am still STUFFED now at 10:40. No desire to eat my favourite biscuits, of which I've got plenty in stock - now that's a miracle!

Is the process of skipping days here and there considered bad for the course of the weight loss? I'm not fond of playing about with medicine, but there is something in me that says maybe having a few days off here and there might make the experience of coming off less scary and less of a shock to the system?

You’re not supposed to skip days on Saxenda. It’s not like a diet where you can have a day off/cheat day etc. You need to take it consistently 😊

Sounds like it’s working well for you already. Yay!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Little update on the end of day 2 - the appetite suppressant/extremely full on a very small meal effects are here today! I ate at 6pm, and it was a smaller meal than normal, and I am still STUFFED now at 10:40. No desire to eat my favourite biscuits, of which I've got plenty in stock - now that's a miracle!

Is the process of skipping days here and there considered bad for the course of the weight loss? I'm not fond of playing about with medicine, but there is something in me that says maybe having a few days off here and there might make the experience of coming off less scary and less of a shock to the system?
Well done sounds like it's working. No don't skip days take it as prescribed for the best results

• Heart
Itchy skin!

I have had the worst itcy skin today, all over. I have little bumps, like hives. Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering if it's the saxenda or something else.

Thanks 😊

Itchy skin!

I have had the worst itcy skin today, all over. I have little bumps, like hives. Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering if it's the saxenda or something else.

Thanks 😊
How long have you been using it?

I’ve only had itching once and it was when I injected close to my belly button. Another poster said they’d experienced the same when I asked about it here. But other than that, no itching.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.