Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well I've just had a huge vomit and brought up my dinner and an orange that I've eaten today. do you think I should go back to 0.6 for a bit?

Reactions: 1
Some people go up in smaller amounts or do
It gradually, so 0.6 + a few clicks until they reach the next dose. You could try that. Or maybe give 1.2 another go for your next dose and see how you get on. It could be a one off 😊

I wanted to ask too, has anyone spoken to their GP about going on it? I know that getting a prescription through the GP will probs be impossible as although I fit the BMI requirements for it, I'm not diabetic or anything, but I would like to have a chat with my doctor, and maybe get him in the know so that I can get them to run tests if I feel unwell at any point (touch wood this doesn't happen, but the pancreas issues really do scare me).

I am wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, did your GP try to dissuade you from using it? Were they supportive? I have rarely used much medicine at all (except literally ibuprofen and the odd bit here and there) all my life, so I suppose it might be reassuring to hear from my doctor about it.
I spoke to my gp, (1st conversation was awful. Phone call with a male locum doctor who just said "no, you're not diabetic ".)
2nd time was a face to face with one of the practice doctors. She was amazing!! Said it was approved for weight loss by the GMC but the PCT was not releasing funding so she couldn't prescribe it - if that changes she would be happy to. Sent me for full blood tests so she could keep an eye on me and then referred me back to weight management clinic "just incase". 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve spoken to my GP as I have a health condition that I wanted to be sure wouldn’t be impacted when I started. They’ve been supportive. I’ve had a couple of extra blood tests but all come out perfect. I’m currently not very well (chest infection that won’t shift after flu in December) so I’ve been recently and we’ve discussed it again and they did bloods again. I monitor my heart rate and blood pressure myself anyway because of my condition. The only thing they wanted to make me aware of was blood sugars so I bought myself a monitor and if I’m feeling crappy I check them to make sure it’s not that.
They didn’t try to put me off at any point.
That's good to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience, and I hope your chest infection clears up soon and you're feeling better!

I spoke to my gp, (1st conversation was awful. Phone call with a male locum doctor who just said "no, you're not diabetic ".)
2nd time was a face to face with one of the practice doctors. She was amazing!! Said it was approved for weight loss by the GMC but the PCT was not releasing funding so she couldn't prescribe it - if that changes she would be happy to. Sent me for full blood tests so she could keep an eye on me and then referred me back to weight management clinic "just incase". 😊
Thank you for sharing your experience with me! I'm glad to hear you got to speak to someone more supportive, I was worried that your first experience would be the shared one but it's good to hear you both had such a supportive experiences. I've already ordered the pen so maybe if I just lead with that and insist I intend to use it, and would just like to get some support on keeping an eye on my health, my doctor may be more amenable? I'll see anyhow!

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, I’m thrilled to find this thread ❤ I’m on Ozempic 12 weeks now (I’ve just completed one month of 1mg) and have lost 19 pounds, which i was happy enough with, although I thought I’d have lost more. This week, I stuck to 1500 calories a day and when I weighed myself I was up three pounds, I can’t believe it, I am so disappointed. I have a lot of weight to lose (BMI is 40), so I never expected that. I have to force myself to eat 1500 calories, so I definitely didn’t overeat, and I’m also eating very little sugar (maybe a fun size bar a few time a week) which used to my downfall (I also have PCOS). Has this happened to anyone else? I find my weight loss is erratic anyway, down 1/2 pound one week, three the next for example, but I have never put on weight while on Ozempic. I’m finding the whole thing disheartening.

• Heart
Thank you for sharing your experience with me! I'm glad to hear you got to speak to someone more supportive, I was worried that your first experience would be the shared one but it's good to hear you both had such a supportive experiences. I've already ordered the pen so maybe if I just lead with that and insist I intend to use it, and would just like to get some support on keeping an eye on my health, my doctor may be more amenable? I'll see anyhow!
[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed all goes well! The 🤞🤞🤞
Let us know how you get on x

• Heart
Hi everyone, I’m thrilled to find this thread ❤ I’m on Ozempic 12 weeks now (I’ve just completed one month of 1mg) and have lost 19 pounds, which i was happy enough with, although I thought I’d have lost more. This week, I stuck to 1500 calories a day and when I weighed myself I was up three pounds, I can’t believe it, I am so disappointed. I have a lot of weight to lose (BMI is 40), so I never expected that. I have to force myself to eat 1500 calories, so I definitely didn’t overeat, and I’m also eating very little sugar (maybe a fun size bar a few time a week) which used to my downfall (I also have PCOS). Has this happened to anyone else? I find my weight loss is erratic anyway, down 1/2 pound one week, three the next for example, but I have never put on weight while on Ozempic. I’m finding the whole thing disheartening.
Please don't be disheartened. You have lost 19lbs, that is to be commended! And from your post, it sounds like that has been achieved without starving yourself or over-exercising or succumbing to cravings or being dominated by food thoughts every minute. I'm not going to lecture on calorie count, if 1500 kcals is working for you, continue. You are losing approx 1.6lbs a week which is sustainable, healthy weight loss. Keep going, take pictures, take measurements, they show progress as well. When you look at your overall loss over a month rather than weekly, I'm sure it's all going on the right direction 💪

Reactions: 4
I’ve lost a stone on Ozempic since August. It’s very slow and very up and down with a general downward trend. I don’t do anything like counting calories though. I just eat less because I don’t fancy eating as much.

Reactions: 3
Hi all. 😊 I’ve restarted Saxenda after a 6 month break. I gave up last time because the side effects were so bad but hoping with perseverance, I can work past them this time🤞

Im on day 3 and all ok apart from the most awful headaches. Praying, PRAYING they will go !!

I’ve put down a few things that I’ve learned - do let me know if there’s any other tips/advice you have that might help!

- Inject in the morning (nights didn’t work for me)
- Drink a LOT of water (and then some)
- Constipation - I was told to try Mag07
- Only increase dose once side effects have subsided
- Prepare for the tiredness in the first few days, (I re-started when I knew I would be off work)
- Do not over-eat. I did this and it spelled the end for me and Saxenda last year. Night out, loads of fried food and a glass of bubbly and I was the sickest I have ever been. Vomiting for 12 hours, stomach pains and headaches for days after. Never felt anything like it !

Anything I’m missing ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone else had really poor sleep since starting? I’m not the best sleeper anyway but since starting 2 weeks ago I’m tossing and turning all night so constantly feeling awful all day. I take it in the morning.

Has anyone else had really poor sleep since starting? I’m not the best sleeper anyway but since starting 2 weeks ago I’m tossing and turning all night so constantly feeling awful all day. I take it in the morning.
Me but I never know if it’s due to Sax/general sleep issues/time of the month 😩

I think I’ve accidentally injected in to muscle today. I usually do stomach but for the past week or so I’ve been doing my thighs because my tummy is so bruised. Anyway I did outer thigh, slightly higher than I have been doing and it’s now soooo painful and it’s swollen like an egg. Feeling the area on both sides it does just feel like muscle rather than fat because there’s no ‘squish’ or anything.

Do I need do anything? Google doesn’t really have anything all the results are about injecting insulin in to muscle. This will teach me for rushing and not ‘pinching’ first 😂

• Sad
I think I’ve accidentally injected in to muscle today. I usually do stomach but for the past week or so I’ve been doing my thighs because my tummy is so bruised. Anyway I did outer thigh, slightly higher than I have been doing and it’s now soooo painful and it’s swollen like an egg. Feeling the area on both sides it does just feel like muscle rather than fat because there’s no ‘squish’ or anything.

Do I need do anything? Google doesn’t really have anything all the results are about injecting insulin in to muscle. This will teach me for rushing and not ‘pinching’ first 😂
Oh no!! I remember being told that "things injected into a muscle are metabolised faster" but this wasn't saxenda related an a few years back.🤷‍♀️
Can you call 111 or a pharmacist for advice.
🙏 hopefully it'll just be a little lump an nothing adverse xx

That’s what Google is saying about insulin too, that the body absorbs it faster than it does in fat. I guess it will be the same.
I could call 111 but I reckon I’d be waiting hours and hours for a call back 😩 I’ll see how it goes the rest of the day. Really annoying because I’m going out this afternoon and it feels like a wasp sting, so sore.

• Sad
hey, i’ve started saxenda today! does anyone have any tips? when do people take it? x

That’s what Google is saying about insulin too, that the body absorbs it faster than it does in fat. I guess it will be the same.
I could call 111 but I reckon I’d be waiting hours and hours for a call back 😩 I’ll see how it goes the rest of the day. Really annoying because I’m going out this afternoon and it feels like a wasp sting, so sore.
how have you been feeling today? Is it still sore? Has it gotten better? Do let us know x

Thanks for checking in! 😊 it’s still a little sore, especially if I touch it. I didn’t seem to have any other side effects other than the soreness and swelling though.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.