Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god - Send help !!!! I’m a few days into 1.2 and it is kicking my backside. I have had the very worst diarrhoea for days along with a gurgling tummy, it’s awful.

I don’t remember having this last time - Will it go ? Any tips to manage the diarrhoea and nausea?
I’m tempted to jack it in again as it’s making me feel awful but I don’t want to give up so early again.
Stay hydrated - sounds cliche but with diarrhoea you lose a lot of fluids plus it can help settle the nausea.

Reactions: 1
Little update - I’ve given up. For whatever reason , it just doesn’t agree with me and I can’t withstand the side effects, I have been so unwell it’s a joke.
I thought I could do it this around knowing what the side effects are like, but I really can’t. It’s been too much.
So pens have been thrown in the bin and it’s back to the drawing board! Gutted but already feel better today by not having todays jab.

I hope you all have loads more success than me - there are so many fantastic success stories with Saxenda, that it most definitely works for a lot of people. x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Little update - I’ve given up. For whatever reason , it just doesn’t agree with me and I can’t withstand the side effects, I have been so unwell it’s a joke.
I thought I could do it this around knowing what the side effects are like, but I really can’t. It’s been too much.
So pens have been thrown in the bin and it’s back to the drawing board! Gutted but already feel better today by not having todays jab.

I hope you all have loads more success than me - there are so many fantastic success stories with Saxenda, that it most definitely works for a lot of people. x
I promise you if you can battle the first week you'll be great 🙏🙏🙏 Its lucky I work from home as I had to work from bed the first few days xxx

Reactions: 2

I can totally understand where you're coming from with this, I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you ❤ Hope you find something that does.

I'm on my 2nd day of 1.2mg, and I've been so nauseous all day that I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering jacking it in after I finish this pen. Been retching and very very close to vomiting, with headaches and low energy. Not fun.

I must say, today is the first day that I've significantly reduced my calorie intake, and it's happened to coincide with the day in which i've felt the worst, and I can clearly tell not eating has made that happen for me. Other days the nausea was manageable, so I'll keep persisting to find the level of eating that works for me nausea-wise, without slowing my weight loss to a point that makes spending 60 quid every couple weeks not worth it.

I'm still not losing any weight and on my first day of 1.8mg. Calorie intake has reduced as I cant stomach much. Any tips?

Drink lots of water. Have a glass as soon as you get up and carry on all day. Make sure you’re getting at least 2 litres. Last time I made an effort with getting my water in, I lost 5lbs that week!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is super weird. I’ve been taking the injections since Tuesday and that day I weighed myself in the morning before food. I’ve not experienced any side effects (so far) and was feeling a bit down. Got on the scales and I’ve lost 6lbs?! Does this burn fat or anything because even though I’m having smaller meals and gone for 2 short walks I don’t get how I’ve lost so much in such a short time!

Reactions: 3
No it doesn’t burn fat. It decreases appetite by slowing down your stomach emptying so you feel/are full. Don’t forget you will probably lose some water weight too when you first start as you’re eating less. I lost 6.5lb in my first week too 😊

No it doesn’t burn fat. It decreases appetite by slowing down your stomach emptying so you feel/are full. Don’t forget you will probably lose some water weight too when you first start as you’re eating less. I lost 6.5lb in my first week too 😊
Oh that makes sense! I was getting a bit worried/confused by it so wanted to double check. How much have you lost total?
Also have found I’m needing to use the loo more since starting the jab so that could be contributing.

I’m just over 60lbs down since July. I haven’t weighed for a couple weeks (battery ran out on the scales 😂) so it’s probably a little more as my clothes are feeling looser than when I last weighed. Also a 22 down to a 12/14.

Sounds like it’s working great for you! If the needing the loo more is 💩 then be aware that will probably slow right down. Lots of the ladies on this thread need a little something to help it along. But keeping on top of water will definitely help that.
When you say no side effects do you mean none of the nasty ones (sickness, headaches etc) or not feeling full quickly?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m just over 60lbs down since July. I haven’t weighed for a couple weeks (battery ran out on the scales 😂) so it’s probably a little more as my clothes are feeling looser than when I last weighed. Also a 22 down to a 12/14.

Sounds like it’s working great for you! If the needing the loo more is 💩 then be aware that will probably slow right down. Lots of the ladies on this thread need a little something to help it along. But keeping on top of water will definitely help that.
When you say no side effects do you mean none of the nasty ones (sickness, headaches etc) or not feeling full quickly?
That’s amazing, congratulations! I bet you feel so much better!

I mean needing to urinate a lot haha. That’s the only side effect so far. Not feeling full, no headaches, no sickness etc. I will probably get them when I increase the dosage as I’m on 0.6mg (the starting dose).

I really do. It’s been life changing for me.

It probably is some water weight too then 😊 the feeling full might take a little longer to kick in but it definitely will. It’s quite satisfying to get half way through your meal and realise you can’t possibly manage another mouthful because you’re so full. Hopefully you can avoid any of the nasty side effects. I have mostly, other than going to 2.4mg - that was horrendous for me at first, but when it settled I was fine and every other step has been easy. I’ve had a few bad days (sickness mostly!) but generally no awful side effects.

Good luck 😊 seems sensible to wait until you have a few days off just incase but hopefully you won’t get any side effects

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.