Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone advise the best place to get needles from? Mine have accidentally been thrown away and I only have 2 weeks worth left

Reactions: 1
Hi I know this about saxenda however I’m on victoza iv been told it’s the same as saxenda? Except I think you can go abit higher with the dose with saxenda then you can victoza. I started months ago lost around a stone and half. Did work quite well then I feel like it just stopped working and my appetite came back with a vengeance!!

Hi I know this about saxenda however I’m on victoza iv been told it’s the same as saxenda? Except I think you can go abit higher with the dose with saxenda then you can victoza. I started months ago lost around a stone and half. Did work quite well then I feel like it just stopped working and my appetite came back with a vengeance!!
They're the same drug just different brand names, the 1.8mg dose is the highest recommended dose for diabetics for weight control. You can go to 3mg but this is off licence if you like because there isn't enough data to support some risks associated with a dose this high. As for it stopping working in not really sure why that happens, I guess it's like any drug and you build up a tolerance to it.

Hello all.

I'm based in Ireland and looking for advice on Saxenda and Ozempic. I have 4/5 stone to lose. I have started exercising and calorie counting in the last couple of months again but it's barely making any difference. I'm not in denial, I have work to do, but I genuinely think my metabolism is shot to tit and I need a kickstart. It's demoralizing.

I am reluctant to go to my GP as I highly doubt she will prescribe it. Has anyone here any experience with the My Best Weight clinic in Dublin (or similar set ups- that's the only one I could find) or using Slim Transformation to order from UK to ROI? Is the latter genuine? I've never ordered medication online and would be slightly anxious about going that route.

Lastly, which is more effective? I don't know whether to opt for Ozempic or Saxenda. Do you titrate doses more quickly on Saxenda so lose more quickly? Are the side effects worse on either of them?

Thanks for any and all advice! Encouraged by everyone's experiences here.

Reactions: 2
If I was starting from scratch again I’d choose Ozempic over Saxenda. It’s about £100 a month cheaper at full dose and injections are weekly rather than daily. Results seem to be much the same. Plan to be on it for at least a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m really hoping the Ozempic shortage ends soon. I’d prefer to move to it as can’t really afford Saxenda anymore

In the past few weeks I'd had some acid reflux and what felt like trapped gas in my stomach - there was one night where it was literally impossible to sleep with it (bad trapped gas in the stomach/intestines can feel like you're having a heart attack google said- mine didn't feel heart attack level, but I was close to an a&e trip) and it made me really sick too, couldn't even keep water down. I didn't put it down to Saxenda at all, just some bug I must have got, but over the xmas break I've been around richer food even when eating less and had some similar discomfort and gassy/bloated feelings, so I ended up stopping injections as a just in case.
All bloated feelings, gassy feelings, general discomfort seemed to be gone within 1-2 days. I'm gutted if this is not just a coincidence and my body is just saying no to it after it had started to work for me! I was at 2.4 when it started, but dropped to 1.2 for the second bout of discomfort. I'll be starting again on 0.6 tomorrow and hopefully have a better time of it.

Hopefully this doesn't worry anyone that's looking into trying Sax - I think the benefits of it are huge and I'm willing to try again to find a balance with side effects if my body will play ball 😊

In the past few weeks I'd had some acid reflux and what felt like trapped gas in my stomach - there was one night where it was literally impossible to sleep with it (bad trapped gas in the stomach/intestines can feel like you're having a heart attack google said- mine didn't feel heart attack level, but I was close to an a&e trip) and it made me really sick too, couldn't even keep water down. I didn't put it down to Saxenda at all, just some bug I must have got, but over the xmas break I've been around richer food even when eating less and had some similar discomfort and gassy/bloated feelings, so I ended up stopping injections as a just in case.
All bloated feelings, gassy feelings, general discomfort seemed to be gone within 1-2 days. I'm gutted if this is not just a coincidence and my body is just saying no to it after it had started to work for me! I was at 2.4 when it started, but dropped to 1.2 for the second bout of discomfort. I'll be starting again on 0.6 tomorrow and hopefully have a better time of it.

Hopefully this doesn't worry anyone that's looking into trying Sax - I think the benefits of it are huge and I'm willing to try again to find a balance with side effects if my body will play ball 😊
I got horrendous trapped wind too but it seemed to subside once I got to 3.0. My side effects at full dose have been negligible compared to when I was on lower doses which is bizarre.

For trapped wind I found drinking warm water really helped.

• Heart
For the acid reflux I just keep some gaviscon tablets nearby and have a couple of those if it starts up. It’s made me sick a couple of times but mostly doesn’t bother me now. I find certain foods make it worse. For example I used to love marmite on toast but that’s definitely a no-no now as I can guarantee I’ll suffer afterwards.

Like TheWitch my side effects are much less/often at 3.0 than they have been at any other dose.

Hopefully when you restart it works for you. I’ve seen a lot of people saying it’s less effective after a break.

• Heart
Vestibular migraine sufferer here so had to deal with nausea all my life.

for me;
Stugeron is the best OTC drug but can make you drowsy and increase appetite a little.
Cyclizine for prescription but again, can make you drowsy and increase appetite.
Seabands can work - you can get them cheap off eBay (search nausea bands) and they work the same as the official ones. I find it’s best to wear them before the nausea hits as a preventative. Sleeping in them helped me a lot.
You can also get electric ones, these are miracles for me and stop nausea quickly but are expensive
ginger can help a little. You can place it under your tongue so it works quicker. Holland & Barrett do ginger sweets which are nice.

• Heart
Hello all.

I'm based in Ireland and looking for advice on Saxenda and Ozempic. I have 4/5 stone to lose. I have started exercising and calorie counting in the last couple of months again but it's barely making any difference. I'm not in denial, I have work to do, but I genuinely think my metabolism is shot to tit and I need a kickstart. It's demoralizing.

I am reluctant to go to my GP as I highly doubt she will prescribe it. Has anyone here any experience with the My Best Weight clinic in Dublin (or similar set ups- that's the only one I could find) or using Slim Transformation to order from UK to ROI? Is the latter genuine? I've never ordered medication online and would be slightly anxious about going that route.

Lastly, which is more effective? I don't know whether to opt for Ozempic or Saxenda. Do you titrate doses more quickly on Saxenda so lose more quickly? Are the side effects worse on either of them?

Thanks for any and all advice! Encouraged by everyone's experiences here.
Maybe just ask your doctor first? All she can do is say no. Then go down the route of ordering online. I don’t know if any of those companies. Im in Ireland but I visit the U.K. a lot so I just bring them home with me . I’ve a stone and a half gone in 8 weeks. I’m on 1.2 side, side effects minimal. I’m trying to go up as slow as I can cause it’s expensive. I believe there is an ozempic shortage at the moment so Saxenda probably your best bet.

How’s everyone doing over Xmas?
Hey, doing ok - stayed at my current dose - didn’t want to pick up any side effects etc by moving up & im feeling ok - didn’t over eat which is positive & enjoyed! Just weighed myself now & I’m down a 1kg since 2 weeks ago. Takes it to a 6.5kg loss in total.

Think I may stay on 1.8 for a week or so & see what happens.

How are you doing x

How’s everyone doing over Xmas?
Not great ☹ got the flu bug thing and didn't take it for a few days. Spoke to the doc who was really supportive an recommended I start again once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids.

Hope you lovely lot had a good Christmas xx

I took December off because I’m really not going to be able to afford Saxenda much longer 😢😢😢 really want Ozempic stocks to pick up.

I’ve got 5 pens and so will start again 1st Jan on lowest dose and see how I get on, hoping to stay on low doses as long as possible to prolong how long these pens last me.

Reactions: 3
I stayed the same and am delighted. Whats bursting my bubble is Ozempic is very low in stock in Ireland. Have a new pen but going to go back to .5 or .75 to get through Jan with no disasters.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.