Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not great ☹ got the flu bug thing and didn't take it for a few days. Spoke to the doc who was really supportive an recommended I start again once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids.

Hope you lovely lot had a good Christmas xx
Oh no, hope you’re feeling better soon. I also had the nasty flu bug thing. I kept taking it while on antibiotics though but as I couldn’t eat anyway it was probably pointless, I just didn’t want to have a break. Still not feeling 100%. Every time I think I’m getting better I’m floored by it again.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well or taking planned breaks, and that weight loss has continued for most of you 👏🏼

I’m about 10lbs away from goal now and then I’ll reassess. I have a condition which is affected by my blood volume and obviously the less you weigh, the less blood you have in your body so for me it will be a balancing act between weight loss and minimising side effects of my condition as I go forward. So far, I haven’t noticed an increase in side effects but I do know when I was at my lowest weight was when I felt the worst with it so we’ll see.

I think I’m going to start decreasing my dose in January too as I think sometimes it’s working too well at curbing my appetite and I’m barely eating some days.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Back on it today, back to fowllping sw and back to the exercise. 2 stone gain since the summer 😩 question - where can I order replacement needles from ? Tia :)

Reactions: 1
Back on today after taking December off Sax and the gym. 3.5lbs on which I was pleasantly surprised by but I will have lost muscle mass too so prob actually gained more fat that the scales seem to say 🙈😂.

Got 5 pens and I’ve started back on 0.6 and hoping to stay low for a while to make them last but will progress through the levels if the lower doses aren’t working as I do know when I got the 3 before I really felt it was working at it’s best.

I've just applied through Boots to start Saxanda. My BMI is 40.5 and I've always struggled with my weight. Really nervous for the side effects and that it's an injection but I had to give myself heparin injections after my son so hope these aren't as bad.

How has everyone found actually injecting? What happens if you stop taking it does your appetite return to normal again?

I've just applied through Boots to start Saxanda. My BMI is 40.5 and I've always struggled with my weight. Really nervous for the side effects and that it's an injection but I had to give myself heparin injections after my son so hope these aren't as bad.

How has everyone found actually injecting? What happens if you stop taking it does your appetite return to normal again?
They're nothing like the herapin injections so don’t worry. It’s the tiniest needle, most of the times I don’t even feel it. I inject in my tummy as it’s nice and fat 😂 but you can also do thigh or arm.

Your hunger comes back when you stop taking it unfortunately and I’ve sometimes found I’m extra hungry when I take breaks 🙈

Reactions: 2
Injecting is fine. Like @Lalalalaaaaaa85 I don’t even feel it 99% of the time. Occasionally it stings a little as the liquid is going in and even more occasionally it feels like a pinch when I’m putting the injection in but I’d say that probably happens on like 1 in 30 jabs 😂 I do have plenty of bruises to prove it’s actually going in though 😁

Hi ladies. I'm on 2.4 and while it is working for me I'm definitely still well able to eat so not sure if I'm getting the full benefit. I'm taking at night around 11pm before bed but thinking of changing to the morning to see if I see an improvement. Any thoughts on this or has it helped any of you? Only think I can't be sick all day or completely incapacitated as I need to be in the ball for work...that's why I had been taking it initially at night. Thanks

I was really looking forward to getting started with Saxenda.
I placed an order with Boots on 21/12. I appreciate that over the Christmas period delivery may take longer. I messaged on the Boots Online asking for an update, they told me to speak to the store. I have done thus several times and they said they've no record of my order. Called the Boots helpline - someone answered but it sounded like they were walking around with the phone in their pocket.
How long did it take your orders to arrive into the Boots pharmacy?
Feel like this is a sign and Saxenda isn't for me 😂

No supply of this and my GP has just moved me up to 1.7mg now but cannot get any in my pharmacies in the Republic of Ireland. Tried Northern Ireland too but there doesn’t seem to be any about. Hope they sort the supply issues out because it’s a game changer

Hi ladies. I'm on 2.4 and while it is working for me I'm definitely still well able to eat so not sure if I'm getting the full benefit. I'm taking at night around 11pm before bed but thinking of changing to the morning to see if I see an improvement. Any thoughts on this or has it helped any of you? Only think I can't be sick all day or completely incapacitated as I need to be in the ball for work...that's why I had been taking it initially at night. Thanks
I think the dose only lasts around 13 hours so it’s nearly gone out of your system if you are injecting at night. I went up very slowly, I’m on 1.2 + 4 clicks and loosing steadily. I did have constant nausea but the last few days I’ve switched from injecting in my tummy to my upper thigh and nausea seems to have stopped.

Just been approved on Boots to collect my order hopefully within 24hrs. I'm doing slimming world along side so really hope that I can lose weight and be healthier.

I'm worried about cancer risk and endocrine issues as have PCOS but i'm so obese that it isn't healthy either.

Just been approved on Boots to collect my order hopefully within 24hrs. I'm doing slimming world along side so really hope that I can lose weight and be healthier.

I'm worried about cancer risk and endocrine issues as have PCOS but i'm so obese that it isn't healthy either.
Obesity is the 2nd biggest cause of cancer in the UK.

I am, started on sax then moved to ozempic but when stock became unavailable I got rybelus instead.
How are you finding it? I’m day 4 or 5 and was wondering when you actually start to feel the benefits. I was so torn between this and ozempic injections

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.