Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
Help! I’ve decided to start Mounjaro and started my application on Friday with Med express. I need to submit a photo but I don’t expect to be refused as my BMI is 35 and I have no other health problems or take any medication.
My problem is probably trivial and I’m overthinking it so reaching out to people who are on it for their advice. I’d decided I was doing it but was going to start first week of August when I get back from holiday. Then last week I had a major wobble and thought sod it let’s start now, hence I started the process.
But now I can’t decide what to do

Start asap - pro’s, could actually lose a bit of weight before holiday and could help limit the usual massive weight gain. Cons, I’m worried about side effects while away, the extra faff of taking it with me. I don’t actually want to be a misery on holiday and while I’m not an alcoholic I do enjoy a beer and few wines every day, hence the usual massive weight gains!

Start when I get back - pro’s, holiday is done so won’t have to worry about side effects as much. Cons, I go mental on holiday and actually if I lost 7lb before holiday I’d feel in control.

Having seen it written down I’m basically worrying about the side effects and just wish I could guarantee that I would get off lightly.

Your experience would be appreciated

whatwver

The risk as far as I'm aware with gliclazide is lows. I'm with Voy for my MJ as couldn't get through NHS and on sitagliptin, metformin, glimepiride and dapagliflozin and told them about all those. Maybe if you can do a consultation over the phone to discuss with someone you can find a provider as the online forms are just gliclazide = no.

I'm hoping my nurse will re-refer me to get this on prescription as it's so expensive but honestly life changing for my diabetes. I was constantly above target due to my diet but since taking the MJ have been 80% in range with nothing over 13mmol for weeks whereas before I'd have dawn phenomenon higher than that.
Thanks so much for responding. Do you mind me asking about your experience of them not prescribing it on the nhs? I’m running away with the idea they’ll definitely prescribe it, my bmi is 36.5 and my diabetes hasn’t been well controlled for a while now - your results on MJ sound great! But I’ve received a DESMOND referral in the post yesterday ( I told them I’d already done it and that wasn’t the problem, the binge eating it) and that did make me wonder maybe they won’t go down the MJ route first.

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
So after receiving my MJ without the needles from Numan on Wednesday and raising it with them straight away I STILL haven’t been sent any. 😡

I am determined to start today with it being Monday, 1st of the month blah blah so can anyone advise on what needles I should get and from where? Can you even buy needles over the counter?

Also - interested to know what I should expect initially. I know everyone reacts differently but in general. I’m thinking of doing the 8 week blood sugar diet while I’m on MJ but not sure if I’m pressuring myself. Do you all mostly eat what you used to but just less of it?

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Took my first Mounjaro last Friday and for the last couple of days have had a persistent niggly pain in my left side, quite low down. I’m fairly sure it’s trapped wind or similar but is there anything concerning I should be worried about?

mindlessness

VIP Member
Is it med express that lets you carry on until a BMI of 23? I’m sure I read one pharmacy does x
Boots have told me they will supply me until I reach a BMI of 23 or my goal weight (presumably whichever comes first?). If you message Medexpress I am sure they could confirm for you what their cut off is!
---
I am in week 13 of taking mounjaro and have lost 2 stone. Today I have had stomach cramps and bad sulphur burps, have had no side effects whatsoever up until now, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Thanks
Congrats on your weight loss! I wonder if maybe you ate something new/unusual that you'd not yet eaten since trying the med? I hope the side effects go away quickly!

kittypaws

VIP Member
Do I need to store my pen in the fridge all the time? It says keep refrigerated but also says it’s fine out the fridge for 30 days so I’m like which is it lol.

Did my first jab earlier and put pen back in the fridge is that ok?

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Unfortunately guys I've had to come off MJ. It was affecting the oral progesterone I have to take, it altered the absorption of it and I started bleeding heavily. I declared it when I did my initial consultation and they didn't query it. Apparently any ladies that are taking oral contraception need to be careful too.

Such a shame because other than that I didn't really have any side effects, a slight icky feeling but that was all.
Could you get a coil instead and continue on the MJ?

fimfim

VIP Member
Hi can some explain to me how it works. I have put my details in on Medexpress, I will send payment then what happens? What do I need to do next?
Keep an eye on your order in your ‘account’ as that’s where I got a request to upload a photo. I didn’t get an email so was glad I checked as they wouldn’t progress the order without one for me.

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
Thanks All - I have submitted a request but they are offline now so it will only be dealt with tomorrow. Do you think the pen will spoil / lose its effectiveness if it’s stored in a drawer tonight?

April Ludgate

I took my first shot yesterday evening. Felt a little weird and had some burps in the middle of the night but feel nothing today. At my usual breakfast and lunch and now feel absolutely starving and dreaming of dinner. Am also craving sugar. Feeling quite disappointed / deflated about it all
Don't be disappointed. It took me about 3-4 days to feel anything, it seems to be different for all of us.

April Ludgate

Hi everyone!
My very first Mounjaro order is on it's way to me, I got it from MedExpress. Do you guys have any tips for me as to what I should/shouldn't be doing once I start?

Amym2020

Ahhr maybe I was too keen and trying to order too early then!

I couldn’t decide whether to stick at 2.5. I feel lucky so far haven’t had many side effects. Sure that will change if I up it to 5😩

I ordered with them and have found them really good. I had my third dose on Saturday and today got an email asking if I need to reorder at 2.5 or 5mg. Given the absolute avalanche of side effects, I’m definitely not going up a dose 😃

Anyone else struggling to get .5 ozempic pen? I have called over 20 pharmacies and not one has it!!!!! Meant to take today but I'm now waiting for advice from the doctor as what is best to do. I don't want to stay at .25 as I've only lost about 3lbs in a month. Not feeling the effects of it at all now. But doubt they'll increase to 1mg! I get a private prescription from my doc so don't think I can just order online? Does anyone have any broight ideas? Haha.

oddsock17

I'm at the stage of either upping my dose on Wegovy to 1.7mg or switching completely to Mounjaro. Ozempic worked great at 0.25 and 0.5 but I don't feel Wegovy suppresses my appetite as much. Interested to hear from those who switched to Mounjaro after being on 1.0mg Wegovy and what you noticed? Or those who upped to 1.7mg on Wegovy, what you noticed? In terms of side effects, weight loss etc
Thanks!!

Have anyone needed to book a phone call with Simple Online Pharmacy before the order was processed. I need to speak to a nutritionalist apparently?
Thanks