Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still only on MJ 2.5 and haven’t really had any appetite suppression or food noise reduction. With the help of this chat I am not losing faith and know I need to wait it out to get to the right dose. Still trying to stick to deficient / water / exercise etc. any suggestions on small sweet treats? That’s my downfall. I need a little something, but am not yet at the stage where I can buy a big bar of choc and only eat one piece! But a small low cal sweet treat sometimes to stop me falling into a family sized bag of maltesers would be great!

Reactions: 2
A little reassurance for those early on in their journeys and still on the lower doses. Those are only meant to get you used to the medication (I saw one website describe 2.5 on MJ as an 'initiation' dose). Some people are lucky and do see a change (in hunger/weight etc) from the start, but don't be disheartened if you're not one of them! Once you reach higher 'therapeutic' doses the medication will be more effective.

I say this from experience! I was a very slow loser on the lower doses of Oz/Wegovy. But I've just returned home from holiday and continued to lose while I was away, and have reached 75lbs lost since June of 2023! Be kind to yourselves, focus on long term healthy habits that you can sustain, and be patient (as frustrating as that is!)
wow well done you. Be kind to yourselves, focus on long term healthy habits that you can sustain, and be patient is the best advice I've seen all day long

• Heart
I only ordered my first ever weightloss injectable (mounjaro) yesterday, it said can take up to 3 working days to hear anything, so why am I checking it 3 times a day 🫣😂😂😂
Omg I'm so excited. I was hoping to start in July and looks like I will be. I've been counting calories all this week in preparation.
Screenshot_20240628_142652_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m still only on MJ 2.5 and haven’t really had any appetite suppression or food noise reduction. With the help of this chat I am not losing faith and know I need to wait it out to get to the right dose. Still trying to stick to deficient / water / exercise etc. any suggestions on small sweet treats? That’s my downfall. I need a little something, but am not yet at the stage where I can buy a big bar of choc and only eat one piece! But a small low cal sweet treat sometimes to stop me falling into a family sized bag of maltesers would be great!
I'm using skinny bars. They're not exactly healthy as probably full of artificial sweeteners but my main priority is controlling carbs and they're only about 13g carb and still give a chewy texture so I feel I've eaten something. But they're not -so- delicious I'll eat a whole box. Also treating myself to fresh berries more often

Reactions: 3
Week 3 done! Another 1.1kg down, making a total of 4.2kg, lost 7cm too! Pretty happy. Will try and stay on 2.5 as I'm happy with this steady weight Loss and side effects.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve just done my first injection and am SO relieved! I was so nervous about doing it wrong and putting the needle in and was amazing how it just pops into your skin 🤣

What can I expect over the next week?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I did my second MJ 2.5 on wed and woke up at 4am this morning with explosive 💩 😭 was on the toilet for 30 minutes 😭 I am also struggling to find anything I want to eat. People might think injections are the easy way but they really are not for most of us getting side effects. on a happier note I did a sneaky weigh this morning and am 3kg down and can see it in my face finally ☺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I did my second MJ 2.5 on wed and woke up at 4am this morning with explosive 💩 😭 was on the toilet for 30 minutes 😭 I am also struggling to find anything I want to eat. People might think injections are the easy way but they really are not for most of us getting side effects. on a happier note I did a sneaky weigh this morning and am 3kg down and can see it in my face finally ☺
Hope you’re feeling better soon, I wonder if it was something you ate that didn’t agree with you x

Hope you’re feeling better soon, I wonder if it was something you ate that didn’t agree with you x
thank you. Unfortunately the same thing happened on week 1. I jabbed in my thigh rather than tummy this week to see if that helped but nope! Am off Tesco to try and find something remotely appealing for dinner as I’m living off air which is not healthy!

• Heart
Not felt much on my first dose of Wegovy. No side effects and appetite feels quite normal. But I have realised this is the week before my period and normally I’d be absolutely ravenous. I’d be constantly snacking on carbs and sugar. I have had to use some willpower to stay off the junk food but it has been nowhere near as bad as usual. Am hoping that once my period is over my appetite will go down a bit more.

Has anyone had any bruises appear, other than where you inject? .. I’ve got the weirdest bruise on my ankle & I don’t remember knocking it (it’s a weird placement too 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone had any bruises appear, other than where you inject? .. I’ve got the weirdest bruise on my ankle & I don’t remember knocking it (it’s a weird placement too 🤣).
Yes. I posted about this on the last thread and a couple of people replied to say they were also bruising easily.

• Heart
My first pen has arrived and I was going to bite the bullet and do it tonight but they didn’t send any alcohol swabs and some plans tomorrow lunchtime. So probs do my first injection tomorrow afternoon or wait until Sunday morning.
I already struggle with sleep and read this can cause insomnia 🙈 has anyone found this?

Yes! I was honestly just looking at the weirdest bruise above my knee on the inside of my leg. There’s no way I hit it so was very confused.

Reactions: 1
Yes! I was honestly just looking at the weirdest bruise above my knee on the inside of my leg. There’s no way I hit it so was very confused.
😭 thank you! Mine is at front of foot on ankle, the most bizarre place. I’m so glad I asked here now! Thank you 💜

• Heart
My first pen has arrived and I was going to bite the bullet and do it tonight but they didn’t send any alcohol swabs and some plans tomorrow lunchtime. So probs do my first injection tomorrow afternoon or wait until Sunday morning.
I already struggle with sleep and read this can cause insomnia 🙈 has anyone found this?
I found I was very tired the first two weeks and so cold too and I rarely feel cold.
Wish the coldness had stayed the third week as I was so hot in the nice weather. That is a mix of weight and hyperhidrosis which means I'm a fat sweaty mess. But next summer I'll be a thin sweaty mess.

You only need the swab to clean the pen, you don't need to swab your skin pre jab.

Hey guys I’m literally about to do my first injection - how hard do I need to jab this needle in? Does it require much force or slow and steady?

Reactions: 1
Just completed my first week on Mounjaro 2.5mg, and I'm 7lbs down. I'm super happy with that! I have around 5 stone (70lbs) to lose so in it for the long haul, but I'm feeling positive and looking forward to a new week 👊👊

• Heart
Reactions: 11