Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just ordered my next batch of jabs, decided to stay on 2.5mg as I feel the appetite suppression is still strong and whilst my losses are relatively slow (7lbs in 4 weeks) it’s much more sustainable for me. Plus, I seem to get a lot of side effects so increasing the dose gives me the fear.
I used e surgery and with the code provided it was £118. Thank you to the poster for sharing the Reddit thread!
Do you know if E surgery also gives you the needles in the box as well?
---

This week was my first on 7.5mg MJ and the difference between 5mg and 7.5mg is amazing, I finally feel like I did on the 14mg of Rybelsus last year when I had the majority of my weight loss. All food noise completely gone, and that real 'I legitimately forgot to eat' thing is happening. Feeling good on it. Think this may possibly be my last few months on MJ as I am so close to goal weight, then I was planning on titrating down again.

Q: I think I know the answer to this, but I have kept my 2.5mg pen and my 5mg pen as I didn't extract that 'extra' dose from them as I didn't have any spare needles. The 5mg has been 'open' for one month (obv lid is on, but it's been one month since it was used for the first time) and the 2.5mg pen has been two months open. Is it safe to use the 5mg extra dose in a month's time? And then the 2.5mg the week after? Or will they have been open too long? They've not been kept chilled...
Personally I wouldn’t as it says they should be used within 30 days of opening. Maybe that’s over cautious and it would be fine, but I don’t know enough about the safety and efficacy of drugs to make that call to ignore the instructions like that.

Reactions: 2
I want to start on Mounjaro but not sure if I can afford it based off my food bill monthly. The only way I can afford it is by decreasing my food bill basically.
When you all started out on the 2.5 did you find you actually ate considerably less?

I want to start on Mounjaro but not sure if I can afford it based off my food bill monthly. The only way I can afford it is by decreasing my food bill basically.
When you all started out on the 2.5 did you find you actually ate considerably less?
Yes. Ate a lot less and completely went off alcohol. Tbh the alcohol is my main serving.

Reactions: 1
First world troubles here but kinda wish someone would notice I've lost weight. I've lost over a stone. Clothes much looser. Instead they just want to talk to me about how much my husband has lost and how great he looks.
I know exactly what you mean! I think people are so cautious about this sort of thing. I’d never compliment anyone on weight loss unless I explicitly knew they’d been trying to lose weight. But my family know I’m losing weight and don’t comment. If I mention how much weight I’ve lost they’ll say ‘you can really tell, you look great!’ etc but they never say it unprompted.

i have been getting more ‘you look nice today’, ‘lovely dress’ etc comments from colleagues though and I think that’s probably in response to weight loss even if they aren’t explicitly mentioning weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know exactly what you mean! I think people are so cautious about this sort of thing. I’d never compliment anyone on weight loss unless I explicitly knew they’d been trying to lose weight. But my family know I’m losing weight and don’t comment. If I mention how much weight I’ve lost they’ll say ‘you can really tell, you look great!’ etc but they never say it unprompted.

i have been getting more ‘you look nice today’, ‘lovely dress’ etc comments from colleagues though and I think that’s probably in response to weight loss even if they aren’t explicitly mentioning weight.
They are literally gushing over his losses 🤣 maybe it's more acceptable to say to guys.

• Haha
This was exactly the worry I had because it was a big amount of money for me to find.
But, I've gone from daily trips to Coop / Sainsburys just to pick up bits for tea / snacks. I've definitely not spent as much on food this month.
It's literally like a switch that I just don't want to snack / binge. I'm on my third week so hopefully it will continue!

I’ve been approved and MJ is on its way! Eeeek I’m so nervous especially about the actual injecting part

• Heart
Hi everyone!
I’ve just ordered my first lot of Mounjaro! I did actually order a month ago but got really scared and cancelled the order but I really need to do something now about my weight! I’ve tried every diet under the sun, I think this will be my last ditch attempt and I get married in a year so hopefully this will work.
I have around 4-5 stone to lose 🥰
X

I think it depends how and what you eat. I’ve seen people saying they have saved money on takeaways and junk food etc but I wasn’t eating like that anyway. To be honest, I am probably spending more on food as I’m eating much more salad, fruit, and protein like chicken breast, steak and fish, as well as buying things like high protein yogurts and collagen powder and vitamins and high fibre granola etc (none of which is compulsory obviously, but I’m really twitchy about getting enough protein after reading about the possibility of losing muscle). Which is all more expensive than pasta and potatoes…

I have been reading here daily but not posted much, I started on 2.5 and nothing I have done all the jabs in the past and my body always needs higher doses, 2.5 did nothing for me I have played around with my doses and moved to 5 - still have hunger, food noise but I can control it. However I had a day out with my son yesterday for a prom outfit, I had a bite of his fried chicken tender, a couple of chips, later in day a cornettto and followed it with a diet pasta seafood ready meal in marks.
well, let’s just say today in work has been interesting, the tummy pains and the constant trips to the loo! A couple of girls in my office have got it too so it’s been a laugh - but wow. Never again!
I have found I react to bread too. Sadly can still manage the odd Kit Kat with no effect.
Pretty much off wine. I would only drink at weekends, but I have always gone off it on these type of jabs.
My issue is I normally do these for a short time lose a stone ish. Stop it due to money and gain it right back, this time I decided to be sensible and will stay on it once at GW to ensure I have good habits. I gained weight in Covid and life is not conductive to the gym but I now have a X trainer at home and I plan to start that this weekend too.
I am going on a big American multi destination trip in aug so I want a break.Not to go mad but to ensure I-don’t have tummy issues away. It will be an active holiday and I don’t plan to eat all the junk, that’s never been my thing, Middle ahe, sitting at a desk, weekend wine and the like are my cause of weight issue.
I started 3.5 weeks ago and have lost 10lb, 12.10-12 5ft 4) moved to 5 this week, so will see how that goes.
I suffered horrific side effects on ozempic and saxenda I took on and off for a few years as a quick fix but it’s no longer effective for me. X

I only ordered my first ever weightloss injectable (mounjaro) yesterday, it said can take up to 3 working days to hear anything, so why am I checking it 3 times a day 🫣😂😂😂

• Haha
Do you know if E surgery also gives you the needles in the box as well?
---
Not sure, I think so.
Customer service has been phenomenal, ordered yesterday int he afternoon and it was supposed to be delivered today but my lazy teen didn't get out of bed to answer the door.... getting redelivered tomorrow. I didn't select next day delivery either as I don't need it until next week.

I am nearly done with week 3 on 2.5mg of MJ and the weight is dropping off. This week has really ramped up the appetite suppression. I am actually having to force myself to eat even though I don’t want to. No real side effects, headaches mostly gone. I’m almost worried to lose the weight too quickly as I don’t want it to pile back on the min I get my appetite back
---
Superdrug are now asking for photos to have todays date on a piece of paper on it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Asda have randomly asked for a new photo with a date on it . Full body and feet on scales . I think they will decline me now 😞 as my bmi is under when I first started . Totally crushed 😞

• Sad
Some popbitch gossip that might amuse us in this thread 💩💩💩

>> Vile smears <<​
Don't wear white before Labor Day​

It's not all shits and giggles for New York's upper crust as they head to the Hamptons for the summer season. It's mostly just shits.

For the last few weeks the Hamptons set's favourite piece of gossip to text to each other has regarded a scandal at the home of Gwyneth Paltrow. The story goes that a recent houseguest of Gwynnie's catastrophically shat themselves in bed while staying there, then fled back to the city before they had to face the music.

Gwynnie's guest won't be the only shitter in the Hamptons this year. Ozempic-induced diarrhoea is becoming a very hot topic of conversation between hosts there - because so many of their guests are using it. So expect laundrettes to be fully booked from July 4th.​

• Haha
Asda have randomly asked for a new photo with a date on it . Full body and feet on scales . I think they will decline me now 😞 as my bmi is under when I first started . Totally crushed 😞
If you’re only just under then just put something heavy in your pocket or something like that to add a few pounds.