Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re only just under then just put something heavy in your pocket or something like that to add a few pounds.
Thank you, I just saw the email and was like oh no 😞 i don’t want to stop now as doing so well with it and I’m still a way off a healthy weight l. I get they need to be sure who is taking the medication but they had the pics at the start and the weight on scales photo and no way I would need to be monitored yet as I still have a good 4 stone to lose

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you, I just saw the email and was like oh no 😞 i don’t want to stop now as doing so well with it and I’m still a way off a healthy weight l. I get they need to be sure who is taking the medication but they had the pics at the start and the weight on scales photo and no way I would need to be monitored yet as I still have a good 4 stone to lose
If you've been using it and buying it from the same supplier they will let you continue until you're in the healthy bracket? They don't stop people once they get to overweight the aim is to get healthy and if you show you're heavier they may think it's not working for you?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you’re only just under then just put something heavy in your pocket or something like that to add a few pounds.
Is this really what we're doing now? They've introduced these checks for a reason. Medication is serious business.. people are being hospitalised. If you've been being prescribed for months, they'll realise that and you'll have the emails and receipts to check out.

Let the people do their checks.

Sorry for the rant.. but this thread sometimes comes across as a bit dangerous. The rules and the advice are there for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Is this really what we're doing now? They've introduced these checks for a reason. Medication is serious business.. people are being hospitalised. If you've been being prescribed for months, they'll realise that and you'll have the emails and receipts to check out.

Let the people do their checks.

Sorry for the rant.. but this thread sometimes comes across as a bit dangerous. The rules and the advice are there for a reason.
I’m just worried I won’t be approved again as even though I’m still classed as overweight, my bmi is under 30. Still got a way to go though! I honestly think MJ is a lifesaver

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you've been using it and buying it from the same supplier they will let you continue until you're in the healthy bracket? They don't stop people once they get to overweight the aim is to get healthy and if you show you're heavier they may think it's not working for you?
I think I’m panicking because I haven’t had the random check with the photo done before . Plus it means now I won’t have it delivered til next week as the dr messaged me at 4:55pm and the last dispatch for the day is 2pm 🤦‍♀️ My injection day is Saturday .
if I was in healthy bracket I wouldn’t be onwegovy As it is super expensive. This is first time in mylife something has worked for my weightloss and I’m worried because I’m closer to being below bmi 30 they will stop me having it

I’m just worried I won’t be approved again as even though I’m still classed as overweight, my bmi is under 30. Still got a way to go though! I honestly think MJ is a lifesaver
Of course. That's why the majority of us are here. These companies will understand that people will lose weight while on the medication.. that's why it's there. But some of the advice on here is the reason why these extra checks are being put in.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So today is my injection and weigh in day. I’ve lost 2lb this week. 1 st 2lb overall.

Please don’t misinterpret what I’m going to say. But I’m really disappointed. I know 2lb a week is a good, healthy rate to lose. BUT I’m eating so little. I’m being so active. I have lost weight at a rate of 2lb a week in the past eating so much more than I am now. I eat significantly less than my 7 year old child. I don’t eat treats, snacks, desserts, barely eat carbs, I have had ONE slip up in the whole 5 weeks which was last Friday when I ate muffins, but even that day I still only had less than 1800 cals overall - most days I’m around 1000 cals or less. What makes it worse is my male family member who’s also on MJ, one week ahead of me, is still losing 5-7lb a week. He’s lost nearly 40lb in 6 weeks. He’s eating more than I am and is much much less active - WFH sat at a desk 12 hours a day and doesn’t exercise. Make it make sense!!!

What I’m saying is although I know 2lb a week is good, it doesn’t seem to fit with how little I’m eating. I have lost 2lb a week eating so much more than this in the past. I just don’t understand what’s going on with my body. I’m definitely constipated but I’m not deluded enough to think there’s lbs and lbs of 💩 sitting there pushing my weight up 🤣

i wouldn’t

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
So today is my injection and weigh in day. I’ve lost 2lb this week. 1 st 2lb overall.

Please don’t misinterpret what I’m going to say. But I’m really disappointed. I know 2lb a week is a good, healthy rate to lose. BUT I’m eating so little. I’m being so active. I have lost weight at a rate of 2lb a week in the past eating so much more than I am now. I eat significantly less than my 7 year old child. I don’t eat treats, snacks, desserts, barely eat carbs, I have had ONE slip up in the whole 5 weeks which was last Friday when I ate muffins, but even that day I still only had less than 1800 cals overall - most days I’m around 1000 cals or less. What makes it worse is my male family member who’s also on MJ, one week ahead of me, is still losing 5-7lb a week. He’s lost nearly 40lb in 6 weeks. He’s eating more than I am and is much much less active - WFH sat at a desk 12 hours a day and doesn’t exercise. Make it make sense!!!

What I’m saying is although I know 2lb a week is good, it doesn’t seem to fit with how little I’m eating. I have lost 2lb a week eating so much more than this in the past. I just don’t understand what’s going on with my body. I’m definitely constipated but I’m not deluded enough to think there’s lbs and lbs of 💩 sitting there pushing my weight up 🤣

i wouldn’t
Is it possible you’re eating too little? The body can go into starvation mode

Reactions: 5
Blokes lose weight much more quickly than women.
Remember your weight (and mine!) didn’t go on overnight. It won’t come off overnight.

If we look for a quick fix (as I have done for 20 years) we will always be in the boom and bust cycle. I speak from bitter experience here. The only way to break it is to go slow and make permanent changes to the way we eat.

im on my second Wegovy .25 jab this week. Trust me, id love for a stone off in a week. Not going to happen, and neither should it. Also at my age, I’d look like a deflated balloon.

🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
2nd injection done. I get scared, not of the needle, or of possible side effects, but of stuffing up the injection and losing a dose because I am both clumsy and bad at following instructions! All ok this morning. Managed to not drop the pen. This is expensive stuff! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I completely understand people who have slow losses and are disappointed. The drugs cost a lot and we see lots of other people having significant losses from the off so it's partly envy and partly disappointment. It is what it is though as I think we all know - we just vent here as I guess we're all in the same boat.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I want to start on Mounjaro but not sure if I can afford it based off my food bill monthly. The only way I can afford it is by decreasing my food bill basically.
When you all started out on the 2.5 did you find you actually ate considerably less?
My issue was snacking. Even if you factor in one snack a day, that’s £28 a month. Plus one bottle of wine a week, £20. That’s almost half the injection. Then consider maybe the odd takeaway or whatever. Obviously I still have to feed my family but I’ve still noticed the difference in my spending.

Reactions: 8

i wouldn’t
You, my lovely, sound like you
a. Are being a little hard on yourself ❤
b. Maybe need to eat a little more if you can, fibre/protein
but importantly
c. Are building muscle from being more active 💪🏼

Please don’t go just on scale weight, as that can show weight water from drinking/hormonal changes/dietary salt, waste 💩😁 etc.
Fat loss is where it’s important for health, so try taking photos, or measurements, or trying on a favourite dress. The scales will catch up 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just had my second weigh in and another 3lb off. This is 8.5lb in two weeks. I am really happy with this! I have just ordered my new MJ dose of 5 to start in two weeks. My new weight brings my BMI from 32 to 30.5 which worried me due to the BMI over 30 condition of sale! However I did some reading as I can see above that people are concerned about not being prescribed! Once you are registered with a provider ( I am with med express) they will see you through to a BMI of 25. So as long as you continue to perform well on the meds and you lose enough weight within the time specified noone should worry. If any supplier would prescribe to you with a BMI of lower than 25 with the intention of you losing weight they should be struck off anyway! I can only assume that providing you are a healthy BMI at most they will prescribe a maintenance dose!

SW - 13st 10lb
CW - 13st 1.5lb
GW - 11st

My goal weight still has me in the overweight category but I train a lot so I have to be realistic that at that weight I will be as slim as I want to be! My goodness it has to be sustainable! I love food!

• Heart
Week 8 update on MJ! After a maintain last week I’m pleased to say I lost 2lbs this week which I’m happy with.

This takes my total loss to about 20.5lbs! The reason I always say about is because my scales measure in stone pounds and 1/4 1/2 etc but the app I use to track my weight doesn’t allow me to do that so my weight loss are on the app are weird numbers!

I’ve ordered 7.5 yesterday but med express have really slowed down and I’m annoyed at myself for not ordering it earlier because I think I’m going to be without it for when I need it (Sunday). My last order I ordered one day and had it by the next so bit annoying.

Reactions: 2
Week 8 update on MJ! After a maintain last week I’m pleased to say I lost 2lbs this week which I’m happy with.

This takes my total loss to about 20.5lbs! The reason I always say about is because my scales measure in stone pounds and 1/4 1/2 etc but the app I use to track my weight doesn’t allow me to do that so my weight loss are on the app are weird numbers!

I’ve ordered 7.5 yesterday but med express have really slowed down and I’m annoyed at myself for not ordering it earlier because I think I’m going to be without it for when I need it (Sunday). My last order I ordered one day and had it by the next so bit annoying.
I ordered with medexpress on Monday, hoping for delivery on Tuesday when I was in.. but it came Wednesday, so you should get it tomorrow?

As long as you are already on it you will be prescribed until you reach healthy. I've decided that, due to all these extra checks, I am not going to chase the cheaper price and switch supplier as I feel that will be a risk now that my bmi is under 30.

• Heart
Tables and chairs 2 lbs is a great loss weekly. I lost 50lbs but it took 11 months so on average a lb a week. Like you I have lost weight naturally in the past but my big issue was maintaining. I have held that weight loss over 12 months now. The reality is my dose is to help me hold this and I can swallow the €40 p.w. to do this. I weighed myself today a week after a big hol. I am exactly the same weight I was last August. I am not purging and binging. I have a pretty healthy relationship with food and eating out etc so its been a real breakthrough in my life. Its a marathon not a sprint. Imagine in another month you will be nearly 2 stone down. That is huge so be good to yourself.

Maybe you need to stop looking at food as the enemy. You do need to fuel your body to loose the weight too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A little reassurance for those early on in their journeys and still on the lower doses. Those are only meant to get you used to the medication (I saw one website describe 2.5 on MJ as an 'initiation' dose). Some people are lucky and do see a change (in hunger/weight etc) from the start, but don't be disheartened if you're not one of them! Once you reach higher 'therapeutic' doses the medication will be more effective.

I say this from experience! I was a very slow loser on the lower doses of Oz/Wegovy. But I've just returned home from holiday and continued to lose while I was away, and have reached 75lbs lost since June of 2023! Be kind to yourselves, focus on long term healthy habits that you can sustain, and be patient (as frustrating as that is!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14