Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering how easy it is to switch providers? I used Med Express for my first pen with an introductory discount, but now I can't find a code that works for my second pen with them. Has anyone else bought them from different companies?

Reactions: 1
I bought a special hoola hoop thing I saw advertised to help with tummy fat. It's made absolutely no difference so far unfortunately.

Perhaps I ought to take it out of the box? 😁
I'm looking at one of those roller cages that help with sit ups and it will probably not make it out the box either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is anyone on 7.5 and struggling? I’ve felt like I’m going to be sick pretty much all day and I’ve got a red rash where I injected which hasn’t happened before and I injected on Sunday :( I’m losing a lot of weight this week so far but only because I can barely eat! This has been my worst first week of a dose so far.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m on day 4 and starting to feel a bit hungrier again. Although I’ve barely eaten anything the last 3 days. Day 8 of cutting right back on snacks and I’ve lost nothing! Absolutely nothing!

• Sad
  • Heart
Just wondering how easy it is to switch providers? I used Med Express for my first pen with an introductory discount, but now I can't find a code that works for my second pen with them. Has anyone else bought them from different companies?
I have used a different supplier for each pen, I just use whoever is cheapest when I need to order. So far Lloyds Online (bought from them without even considering it might be priced differently elsewhere), Voy, Bolt, MedExpress and eSurgery.
---
Is anyone on 7.5 and struggling? I’ve felt like I’m going to be sick pretty much all day and I’ve got a red rash where I injected which hasn’t happened before and I injected on Sunday :( I’m losing a lot of weight this week so far but only because I can barely eat! This has been my worst first week of a dose so far.
I felt very sick my first few days on 7.5. I had some cyclzine (Why I can't recall) took that and it sorted me right out.

Really easy apparently. There’s lots of discount codes on the Facebook groups. Although some companies don’t prescribe when your BMI hits 30, even if you have started your journey elsewhere. My BMI is 35 and I started with zava , only certain companies let you carry on to 23 etc x

I had a takeaway burger last night. Didn't have the cheesy chips I would have had with it before MJ but paying for it this morning :sick: But it was my first takeaway in three weeks and won't be rushing for another

I have used a different supplier for each pen, I just use whoever is cheapest when I need to order. So far Lloyds Online (bought from them without even considering it might be priced differently elsewhere), Voy, Bolt, MedExpress and eSurgery.
---

I felt very sick my first few days on 7.5. I had some cyclzine (Why I can't recall) took that and it sorted me right out.
Ooh I will look into that thank you! I’ve also had a bit of a revelation That I tend to suffer from low blood pressure so I think part of the sickness and dizziness is due to that caused by my calorie deficit and being on 🙄

My BMI is 26.2 today so I really need to start thinking about the next stage and how to maintain. I may only have 3 more months of this which takes me into the colder months so I exercise less.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have. I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life. I’ve never been obese but always overweight and bullied / picked on for my size throughout my child and teen years. I’ve always been the ‘fat’ friend and larger than girls my age. I’ve never been slim and never been able to wear what I want or feel confident in my clothes. I’ve always covered up and always been very insecure.
Before I got with my ex partner and also had my son, I was 10.6lbs and a size 10 / small 12. I then piled on the weight and within in a year weighed my heaviest at 13.9 and was a size 18.
After the birth of my son and splitting with my partner, I managed to get back down to 11 stone and stayed that weight for a year or so. I was a size 14 at this point. I then lost a further stone and a half but put that back on within two months as I’m a yo-yo dieter and was a recovered binger eater. I haven’t been able to get myself back into losing weight since then and my weight is creeping up again. I have absolutely awful eating habits to the point it makes me feel so unwell each day. But I can’t stop eating or craving unhealthy food. Food is on my mind 24/7 and I feel hungry 24/7. I literally eat an entire cheesecake for the fun of it. My entire life all I’ve ever wanted is to love my body and be confident so I took the plunge and ordered Monjauro. Even though my weight isn’t classed as ‘obese’ I’m still overweight, unhappy, and far from healthy. I’m just not as large as most people on this medication which probably will be frowned upon but this is my decision. I’m hoping this medication will give me a complete new lease on life. I only plan to stay on it for two-ish months. Just long enough to lose the weight I need with some help and hopefully help me with my eating habits and cravings
I could have written this. (but thankfully him indoors has always been supportive of me). I was 13st 13lbs starting off so was obese and a size 18. 10 stone now and size 14 so still not a slip of a girl. Baggy apron belly aside I no longer cringe at my reflection or avoid photos. Good luck trust the process.

However my doctor is advocating staying on this medication long term. I was without supply for a while during shortages and the food noise was back. I held the weight off pretty much but I think long term without the help it would come back and weight creep up

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I could have written this. (but thankfully him indoors has always been supportive of me). I was 13st 13lbs starting off so was obese and a size 18. 10 stone now and size 14 so still not a slip of a girl. Baggy apron belly aside I no longer cringe at my reflection or avoid photos. Good luck trust the process.

However my doctor is advocating staying on this medication long term. I was without supply for a while during shortages and the food noise was back. I held the weight off pretty much but I think long term without the help it would come back and weight creep up
Well done!! I can’t wait to not cringe at myself in the mirror. How long did it take you to get down to 10 stone?
---

Last edited:
I’m on day 4 and starting to feel a bit hungrier again. Although I’ve barely eaten anything the last 3 days. Day 8 of cutting right back on snacks and I’ve lost nothing! Absolutely nothing!
Don't be disheartened! Just give yourself some grace & be patient. Stick with your new plan to cut back on snacks, make sure to eat lots of protein, and drink lots of water. I am almost certain you will see a change as you increase in dosage. The first few doses are to help you adjust to the medication and they only reach proper effectiveness at the higher therapeutic doses. Some are lucky and see a change right away, but the rest of us have to be a bit patient!

What I'm finding weird (day 5) is not being hungry when previously I ate food non stop. You don't get fat any other way 😆. I'm a SAHM but kids are all at school so housewife really. I'm still thinking about food, just not as much and only because sometimes I don't have anything to occupy myself with and I look at the clock and be like "oh its 1pm, I haven't had anything to eat yet, perhaps I should have some lunch". It's so strange. I took my son who's finished year 11, for a hair cut and it's near mcdonald's usually I'd be thinking oooh I'll take him there afterwards but the thought didn't even cross my mind. I only remembered when we were home that that's what I would have usually done.

So I took my first dose of 2.5 last night at around 11:30pm so it’s been about 14 hours since. I watched TikTok videos on how to actually set the medication up for the injection and how to do the injection also. The leaflet wasn’t helpful and I find it easier learning from someone else doing it. The injection itself was completely painless and I hate injections. I only felt a slight sensation from injecting the medication.
I’ve had no side effects so far, I’ve actually been questioning whether I did inject right 🤣
I would say I’ve had appetite suppression as it’s nearly 2pm and I haven’t felt hungry yet. I do keep thinking about food but just in the sense that I’m checking if I am actually hungry or just convincing myself I’m not?😂

Don't be disheartened! Just give yourself some grace & be patient. Stick with your new plan to cut back on snacks, make sure to eat lots of protein, and drink lots of water. I am almost certain you will see a change as you increase in dosage. The first few doses are to help you adjust to the medication and they only reach proper effectiveness at the higher therapeutic doses. Some are lucky and see a change right away, but the rest of us have to be a bit patient!
Thank you. I know my eating isn’t great. I’m not great with protein and fibre in general. My adhd definitely impacts the foods I choose and like but I have been much better because of no snacks. I was really hoping for early changes. My calorie consumption must have halved with cutting out my snacking. I’ve done better with water too. Yay to adhd means I often don’t drink until afternoon/evening and even then it’s max 1L a day. I’ve been doing 3L daily over the day. Definitely doing better and these are the habits I need to adopt. I must remember that.

• Heart
What would you do…?
I’ve been prescribed penicillin for strep throat, and I’m due to start Mounjaro 5mg tomorrow…

Would you hold off injecting, or still inject?

Second week of Wegovy. I’m down -5lb which is awesome because I didn’t put in that much effort last week. I just naturally ate less without thinking about it, which is unheard of for me!

The problem is I’m so so tired. I work from home and am having to nap at lunchtime because I’m worn out. Upping my activity levels just seems impossible because of the fatigue. Does the tiredness ease over time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.