Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, has anyone for a discount code with Medexpress? Thanks
They no longer do discounts on weight loss injections 😭 I ordered from curate instead as they were recommended as cheaper on Reddit but AVOID!!!! Ordered a week ago and it’s not been shipped yet and they’re not replying to my emails. Meant to inject weds so will need to order elsewhere tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Orlistat is okay you just have to stick to less than 5% fat or you tit grease. Didn't work for me as I'm too accustomed to bowel issues but does for some.

My mj arrives tomorrow and I plan to take it straight away, but I am feeling such anxiety about starting.
I haven’t told anyone and am worried about a 4 course, set menu tasting meal that I have to go to a week on Thursday. It’s a gift from my mum, who I’m going with, but I have no idea how to navigate it.
Don't worry about it, go and enjoy it. This is a marathon not a sprint. You don't have to eat every last morsel of each course if you don't want to but likewise if you're there and you want to eat it that's fine too. The occasional treat isn't going to hurt.
We're trying to undo our unhealthy relationships with food alongside getting a bit of extra help from the injections.
I told my Dad that I was taking MJ and the next time I saw him he brought a carrot cake round with him 🙄
I said no to a slice and then later on relented and had a very small sliver and enjoyed it then moved on. That's the beauty of MJ, you start to realise that you're eating like 'a normal person'.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
P2U rejected me. They said given my medical history they don’t recommend the medication and to speak to my gp. Other folks with diabetes have been prescribed it? The only other thing is gallstones diagnosed over ten years ago and I’ve never had any issues?

• Heart
They no longer do discounts on weight loss injections 😭 I ordered from curate instead as they were recommended as cheaper on Reddit but AVOID!!!! Ordered a week ago and it’s not been shipped yet and they’re not replying to my emails. Meant to inject weds so will need to order elsewhere tomorrow.
Quoting myself like a fanny but which providers ship same day? Going to need to order elsewhere today.

• Haha
Quoting myself like a fanny but which providers ship same day? Going to need to order elsewhere today.
You could try Oushk Pharmacy. I haven't received my MJ yet. Because Royal Mail have been completely useless, not the pharmacy's fault at all. Their customer service has been faultless.

My parcel has been showing as 'Pending' with royal mail since last Weds. I emailed the pharmacy to let them know. They said the pen should be ok due to the packaging they use but would arrange a video consultation to check it if I wasn't sure. Pen still didn't arrive, so I emailed Sunday evening, they rang me within minutes to discuss a replacement. We decided to see if it arrived yesterday, it didn't. I emailed, again they rang me within minutes and will dispatch a replacement today via DPD.

I think Superdrug do next day. If they use Royal Mail you are replying on them to actually deliver it in that time frame and they seem useless at the moment.

Tbh I wouldn't stress about taking it a few days late. Either just shift your injection day or wait a week. I waited a week switching from Wegovy to Mounjaro and didn't put any weight on.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think Superdrug do next day. If they use Royal Mail you are replying on them to actually deliver it in that time frame and they seem useless at the moment.

Tbh I wouldn't stress about taking it a few days late. Either just shift your injection day or wait a week. I waited a week switching from Wegovy to Mounjaro and didn't put any weight on.
I am currently off wegovy for 1 week, i am scared of starting MJ soon.

Unfortunately guys I've had to come off MJ. It was affecting the oral progesterone I have to take, it altered the absorption of it and I started bleeding heavily. I declared it when I did my initial consultation and they didn't query it. Apparently any ladies that are taking oral contraception need to be careful too.

Such a shame because other than that I didn't really have any side effects, a slight icky feeling but that was all.

• Heart
Unfortunately guys I've had to come off MJ. It was affecting the oral progesterone I have to take, it altered the absorption of it and I started bleeding heavily. I declared it when I did my initial consultation and they didn't query it. Apparently any ladies that are taking oral contraception need to be careful too.

Such a shame because other than that I didn't really have any side effects, a slight icky feeling but that was all.
There are quite a few reports coming through in American due to people getting pregnant due to it affecting absorption of oral contraceptives. What about changing your contraception rather than stopping MJ?

They are likely to prescribe it because you have to tick that you understand the risk.

Hey guys just joining here as my first order for MJ is being processed atm. I hope I’m accepted and looking forward to starting my journey with support from everyone here!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Could you get a coil instead and continue on the MJ?

Urgh I’m having a rubbish day - feeling frustrated at my slow weight loss, 0.5lb this week, 1st week on 5mg done. Feeling really hungry now. period has come early. Taken my 2nd jab as was due today, days like these reinforce my worry that once I come off the jab I’ll be back in the cycle of gaining. I’m telling myself to trust the process and a loss is a loss. Total wt loss now is 8lb in 6 weeks, 10lb if I count from when I decided to start MJ as really cut back in run up to starting.

• Heart
A loss absolutely is a loss! And you could well be carrying water weight with your period and this warm weather (if you are in the UK!). Could you consider tracking measurements too? I am typing this having not done this yet myself, so not lecturing! I understand despondency. Try to keep the faith. You are making progress.

Reactions: 5